Thank You!

Maxman

Just wanted to drop a quick post and say thank you to all the new posters that have been signing up here recently.  We appreciate you checking the site out and we hope you decide to make this your Jets home.  I posted this in a few other threads, but figured one post outlining everything probably deserves its own thread.

Why do I feel that JetNation.com is the best Jets site? Simply because the Jets fans that post here, along with the Jets fans that volunteer to run this site are dedicated, passionate and fair. We just ask that everyone be civil to each other, no personal attacks. We don't allow political talk and no nudity. Those are really the only rules. 

How much does it cost to post here? Trick question, of course it is free. We appreciate everyone posting here so much, we run a lot of giveaways. This year we have given our posters a lot of prizes: autographed photos, signed footballs, Jets tickets and Jets merchandise.  We have more contests coming up soon, so be on the look out. Just a small way for us to say thank you!

Will JetNation ever sell my email address to Scout.com?  Yes. But we are just waiting for them to up their offer.  :)  Kidding. Truth be told, Scout.com did offer to buy JetNation or "partner with us".  I (Phil) met with them in their NYC office right before the NFL Draft.  They pitched their vision. At this point it doesn't matter, but I didn't agree with their vision. Two things really bothered me. They had a marketing team of over 30 people and they said they would handle our social media and they would do our mass email. The guy in charge of Marketing wasn't a football fan, he wasn't from the U.S. so that concerned me. If a message is being sent out to Jets fans, it should be written by a Jets fan. Call us old fashioned I guess.

My bigger concern was that their vision for the forums scared the hell out of me. It was a take it or leave it approach. Shut down your old forum. Use their forum software that was missing several pieces of functionality that I considered imperative. I was told that they could convert the forums but they don't because there is no reason to. At that moment I knew everything I needed to know. Forums like this are a community. There is no way I could ever tell everyone, thanks for posting here for 10 years. Now we are shutting this down, please sign up on this new site with less features. Oh and grab a premium membership along the way.  Pass.

Not everyone hear knows me. But my wife was fighting cancer when I met with Scout. (She has since completed chemo and radiation and is cancer free!) But as I sat in the Scout conference room I thought about life. What did I want my life to be. And the thought of answering to someone else about anything JetNation related, or not being involved in JetNation at all, well it wasn't appealing.

Cool Story Bro, What Does That Actually Mean?  It means you are stuck with me. Deal with it.

How about some appreciation for all the posters that have been here for years and years?  Oh yeah, you guys. Um, thanks! Seriously you are doing a good job of being on your best behavior.  Once we lure in all these new posters and they feel comfortable, you can go back to acting normal again. Until that time, put the toilet seat down and keep your feet off the coffee table. :)

Seriously, a big thank you to everyone who calls JetNation home. We will turn 10 years old after this season ends. And none of it would be possible without the dedication and passion of Jets fans. The site has grown every year and this seems to be continuing.

If you are new here and have any questions, comments or suggestions please post them here, start a thread in the feedback forum and send a private message to me or any of the moderators.

Thanks everyone and as always, Go Jets!

Agree with everything Max said.  Honestly I only read part of it but that part was really good.  This is a very good place to post and Max runs it from the heart.  Like a nice Mom and Pop diner that still gives a fat man a 1 1/2 portion.  Why?  Uhh, hmmm cause he is fat and fat dudes prevent leftovers.

It's a shame those douchebags at JN are stepping into sh1t with JI folding tent. They had years and years to get these people from JI to move over there. Obviously, the people here didn't like the content, or the majority of the posters over there. Why would they, it's THE MOST NEGATIVE Jets site on the net.

Most people from here would casually lurk over there. BUT, everyone came back because what they have at JN is trash. It is what it is. JN will never be what JI was. They'll try, but it's an inferior product. It is what it is.

JonE and I finally agree on something.

Just wanted to drop a quick post and say thank you to all the new posters that have been signing up here recently.  We appreciate you checking the site out and we hope you decide to make this your Jets home.  I posted this in a few other threads, but figured one post outlining everything probably deserves its own thread.

Why do I feel that JetNation.com is the best Jets site? Simply because the Jets fans that post here, along with the Jets fans that volunteer to run this site are dedicated, passionate and fair. We just ask that everyone be civil to each other, no personal attacks. We don't allow political talk and no nudity. Those are really the only rules. 

How much does it cost to post here? Trick question, of course it is free. We appreciate everyone posting here so much, we run a lot of giveaways. This year we have given our posters a lot of prizes: autographed photos, signed footballs, Jets tickets and Jets merchandise.  We have more contests coming up soon, so be on the look out. Just a small way for us to say thank you!

Will JetNation ever sell my email address to Scout.com?  Yes. But we are just waiting for them to up their offer.   :)  Kidding. Truth be told, Scout.com did offer to buy JetNation or "partner with us".  I (Phil) met with them in their NYC office right before the NFL Draft.  They pitched their vision. At this point it doesn't matter, but I didn't agree with their vision. Two things really bothered me. They had a marketing team of over 30 people and they said they would handle our social media and they would do our mass email. The guy in charge of Marketing wasn't a football fan, he wasn't from the U.S. so that concerned me. If a message is being sent out to Jets fans, it should be written by a Jets fan. Call us old fashioned I guess.

My bigger concern was that their vision for the forums scared the hell out of me. It was a take it or leave it approach. Shut down your old forum. Use their forum software that was missing several pieces of functionality that I considered imperative. I was told that they could convert the forums but they don't because there is no reason to. At that moment I knew everything I needed to know. Forums like this are a community. There is no way I could ever tell everyone, thanks for posting here for 10 years. Now we are shutting this down, please sign up on this new site with less features. Oh and grab a premium membership along the way.  Pass.

Not everyone hear knows me. But my wife was fighting cancer when I met with Scout. (She has since completed chemo and radiation and is cancer free!) But as I sat in the Scout conference room I thought about life. What did I want my life to be. And the thought of answering to someone else about anything JetNation related, or not being involved in JetNation at all, well it wasn't appealing.

Cool Story Bro, What Does That Actually Mean?  It means you are stuck with me. Deal with it.

How about some appreciation for all the posters that have been here for years and years?  Oh yeah, you guys. Um, thanks! Seriously you are doing a good job of being on your best behavior.  Once we lure in all these new posters and they feel comfortable, you can go back to acting normal again. Until that time, put the toilet seat down and keep your feet off the coffee table. :)

Seriously, a big thank you to everyone who calls JetNation home. We will turn 10 years old after this season ends. And none of it would be possible without the dedication and passion of Jets fans. The site has grown every year and this seems to be continuing.

If you are new here and have any questions, comments or suggestions please post them here, start a thread in the feedback forum and send a private message to me or any of the moderators.

Thanks everyone and as always, Go Jets!

MAX is AWESOME...this website is a billion times better than ji was. Welcome home ji refugees....we were once in your shoes...many ages ago.

LL (an original JI refugee who came over with Max, Brenjetsfan, bitonti, TomShane and other JI peeps)

He will never say it and probably doesn't believe it, but the best part of this site is Max. All the other stuff he mentions is also great but is icing. The man at the top sets the tone and this is the best site on the Net for that reason.

Archived