Got Foo Fighters tix this weekend

AFJF

Went to a pre-sale in Camden...definitely top of my list of bands I've never seen live that I gotta' see.  Anyone else going to the show or been to one of their gigs?  Looks like an amazing time.

I'm kind of done with them. And it's funny because I've been a Grohl guy since day one of Nirvana. However at this point he's more about them being a brand than musicians. They've essentially become what U2 is.

That said, I'm sure they'll still rock live and the show will be a blast.

When you have Kurt's whole life to write your first record and six weeks to write your second, sh*t tends to go Zooropa pretty quickly.

I saw them a couple years ago at MSG. They were good. They had a second stage set up in the middle of the standing room floor where they played an extended stretch of acoustic versions, then went back to the main stage to rock appropriately. Definitely a fun show. If you're a big fan, you'll have a great time.

I saw them a couple years ago at MSG. They were good. They had a second stage set up in the middle of the standing room floor where they played an extended stretch of acoustic versions, then went back to the main stage to rock appropriately. Definitely a fun show. If you're a big fan, you'll have a great time.

This  --- except I saw this tour in Houston  -- May go to the Wrigley show.

When you have Kurt's whole life to write your first record and six weeks to write your second, sh*t tends to go Zooropa pretty quickly.

Ha. I liked Colour, and I think on everything through In Your Honor they did a good job of making arena rock that didn't make me feel like a tool for liking it. But yeah, his best work has been when other people are doing the song writing. When you hear him play with Homme, there's a reason he takes a backseat with the writing and singing.

I can honestly say I gave their latest album a fair shot. It's sh*t. And nobody would know what the **** he's talking about if he didn't make an HBO series about each song. There's a fine line between being esoteric and just stringing random words together, and I think Grohl's been on the latter for quite some time now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see them but they won't be in Michigan till next summer.

I'm old and boring, so I never heard 'walk' until last week.  Since the Doctors won't let me walk until Jan 22, it's my personal theme song. it's only been 2 months, but I believe I've waited long enough.

Ha. I liked Colour, and I think on everything through In Your Honor they did a good job of making arena rock that didn't make me feel like a tool for liking it. But yeah, his best work has been when other people are doing the song writing. When you hear him play with Homme, there's a reason he takes a backseat with the writing and singing.

I can honestly say I gave their latest album a fair shot. It's sh*t. And nobody would know what the **** he's talking about if he didn't make an HBO series about each song. There's a fine line between being esoteric and just stringing random words together, and I think Grohl's been on the latter for quite some time now.

Sonic Highways is not as good as previous albums but Wasting Light was their best since There is Nothing Left to Lose - which is still their best album IMO.

That reason is that Homme is the most talented songwriter in rock today and its not close. Everything the guy does is brilliant. 

I would love to see Grohl make a whole album with Reznor and Homme and make an HBO series out of it. The scenes where those three are working together in Sound City took that movie from good to amazing for me. 

That reason is that Homme is the most talented songwriter in rock today and its not close. Everything the guy does is brilliant. 

I would love to see Grohl make a whole album with Reznor and Homme and make an HBO series out of it. The scenes where those three are working together in Sound City took that movie from good to amazing for me. 

Maybe. I think Homme's the man but there are a few guys who can lay claim to that title. Homme owns hard rock, that's for sure. Either him or the guys from Mastodon.

Archived