What a real organization does when a player is late..............

Copernicus

Pains me to say this but what the Patriots did to Jonas Gray is what builds championships. We do the opposite...............

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/23/new-england-patriots-bill-belichick-jonas-gray-bench

New England Patriots running back Jonas Gray did not play in Sunday's victory over the Detroit Lions, a week after scoring four touchdowns.

Gray did not practice on Friday because he was late to the team's facility after oversleeping.

When asked about the reason for Gray's absence from the game, head coach Bill Belichick told reporters, "We do what we think’s best, and that’s what we did today."

Last Sunday, Gray ran for 201 yards and four touchdowns on 37 carries in only his fourth career NFL game. He set a franchise record for most touchdowns in a single regular season game.

On Thursday, the Patriots signed running back LeGarrette Blount to a two-year contract. Blount played for New England in 2013, but signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers during the offseason. The Steelers released Blount last week after he left the field before the end of the team’s 27-24 victory over the Tennessee Titans.

I am an old school hard ass and I agree.  

but if brady was late because his facial mask didn't set on time, he would have been benched only a series, if that

it's easy to make an example of scrubs, which is why it's amazing they don't have 3 alarms

I am an old school hard ass and I agree.  

but if brady was late because his facial mask didn't set on time, he would have been benched only a series, if that

it's easy to make an example of scrubs, which is why it's amazing they don't have 3 alarms

Brady has earned that respect or "free pass"

Happens all the time, the kid that does right thing all the time will catch a break, Gray hadn't earned that yet.

Why do so many Pats players feel like it's okay to come to work late?  I guess if you want the day off, you just leave the house a few minutes late that day.  If a guy is late, I say let him practice, work him twice as hard for the whole week, then sit him on game day.

Brady has earned that respect or "free pass"

Happens all the time, the kid that does right thing all the time will catch a break, Gray hadn't earned that yet.

You don't pay a player 12 millions and let him sit on the bench.

agreed.  I just can't give the past* credit without nailing them on something, lol

Why do so many Pats players feel like it's okay to come to work late?  I guess if you want the day off, you just leave the house a few minutes late that day.  If a guy is late, I say let him practice, work him twice as hard for the whole week, then sit him on game day.

CBA says you cannot work them too hard.

I hear what you are saying..especially from our military perspective.

Gray said his battery died on his phone.  In the grand scheme of things, that is a fairly stupid reason to be late and reeks of being BS.  Who does not check their battery at night?  

Any ways, back on point, I think it is more of a prove a point to a young player so all young players hear it.  200 yards and four TDs to being dressed DNP.  You are not that bigger than the team.

yes but oddly revis played the following week, scrub didn't

There was a time last Year (or year before), that three players were sent home after not taking into account snow might cause a delay.  I believe they played the next game.

CBA says you cannot work them too hard.

I hear what you are saying..especially from our military perspective.

Gray said his battery died on his phone.  In the grand scheme of things, that is a fairly stupid reason to be late and reeks of being BS.  Who does not check their battery at night?  

Any ways, back on point, I think it is more of a prove a point to a young player so all young players hear it.  200 yards and four TDs to being dressed DNP.  You are not that bigger than the team.

True, and while there are ways to work somebody harder in the military while calling it "training", these teams do have union reps who would raise the BS flag if they saw it going on. 

Mangini was a disciplinarian. How many championships did he deliver?

I believe we were on pace to building a foundation for a championship under Mangini. Loved that when a player screwed up they'd run a lap. It builds team, but more importantly, the players respected him. Young team building towards a championship with a young HC. Then the owner undermined to HC by trading for an aging prima Dona QB in Favre. Second year HC and an aging HOF prima dona QB is a recipe for disaster...........

I believe we were on pace to building a foundation for a championship under Mangini. Loved that when a player screwed up they'd run a lap. It builds team, Then the owner undermined to HC by trading for an aging prima Dona QB in Favre. Second year HC and an aging HOF prima dona QB is a recipe for disaster...........

I thought signing Favre was one of the better moves they made.  We looked like we were getting ready for a run before he injured his shoulder.  I do agree that Mangini was building a nice roster.  Rex first two seasons were as a direct result of this. 

I thought signing Favre was one of the better moves they made.  We looked like we were getting ready for a run before he injured his shoulder.  I do agree that Mangini was building a nice roster.  Rex first two seasons were as a direct result of this.

As great as Favre was in GB, I believe he was on the downside with us and his presence put Mangini in an awkward position as HC. Having a HOF QB makes it more difficult to coach if the two are at a disagreement, especially when the HC was as inexperienced as Mangini was at the time

Pains me to say this but what the Patriots did to Jonas Gray is what builds championships. We do the opposite...............

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/11/23/new-england-patriots-bill-belichick-jonas-gray-bench

New England Patriots running back Jonas Gray did not play in Sunday's victory over the Detroit Lions, a week after scoring four touchdowns.

Gray did not practice on Friday because he was late to the team's facility after oversleeping.

When asked about the reason for Gray's absence from the game, head coach Bill Belichick told reporters, "We do what we think’s best, and that’s what we did today."

Last Sunday, Gray ran for 201 yards and four touchdowns on 37 carries in only his fourth career NFL game. He set a franchise record for most touchdowns in a single regular season game.

On Thursday, the Patriots signed running back LeGarrette Blount to a two-year contract. Blount played for New England in 2013, but signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers during the offseason. The Steelers released Blount last week after he left the field before the end of the team’s 27-24 victory over the Tennessee Titans.

The 4 rushing TDs mean the team did well while Jonas did well in goal to go situations. Its not like jonas broke out several long gains for TDs. His average was 5.4. Impressive, but we see it almost every other game. Its the amount of carries that helped him with the stats. Lets not call him the next Barry Sanders yet. Sheldon has 2 TDs from 4 carries, but that doesn't mean he converts his carries to TDs at a great rate.

Now about the punishment, he wasn't deactivated. BB kept him active incase Blount failed him. LB played well enough to stay in there. BB is hailed for his disciplinary actions. I'd agree with is if Gray was inactive altogether. 

Refresh my memory how much time Revis missed?

Again, everyone is not 100% treated the same way. Maybe Revis gets a pass because he was early for all meetings leading up to it. Regardless, our first round pick was late numerous times and nothing was done until recently.

Yes

Bob Kraft is late on his payments to the NFL. Hope he settles up soon. The playoffs are almost here.

he's too cheap to pay the NFL so he hosts les moonves in his luxury box and lets his 20 year old girlfriends service him. (what would myra think ?) that's why nantz fawns all over the past*

but you knew that, lol

The 4 rushing TDs mean the team did well while Jonas did well in goal to go situations. Its not like jonas broke out several long gains for TDs. His average was 5.4. Impressive, but we see it almost every other game. Its the amount of carries that helped him with the stats. Lets not call him the next Barry Sanders yet. Sheldon has 2 TDs from 4 carries, but that doesn't mean he converts his carries to TDs at a great rate.

Now about the punishment, he wasn't deactivated. BB kept him active incase Blount failed him. LB played well enough to stay in there. BB is hailed for his disciplinary actions. I'd agree with is if Gray was inactive altogether.

Good point, however under Rex we seem to lack discipline in multiple areas and with various players over the years. Can the same be said about the Patriots? ........

After Revis was late on a Tuesday:

With what Belichick said of Revis on Wednesday morning, you would never guess he had been late to practice just 24 hours prior.

"Having Darrelle here, I've really been impressed with his professionalism, how serious and businesslike he is in terms of his preparation and studying of games, of what we do and what our opponents do," Belichick said of Revis.

Good point, however under Rex we seem to lack discipline in multiple areas and with various players over the years. Can the same be said about the Patriots? ........

Take out Brady and you'll see. All the lack of discipline is made up for when u win and without Brady, Pats have a pedestrian record under BB.

thank you for illustrating my point, I'm sure no one here understood it until you got here

Your lame point was that BB is a hypocrite for not benching Revis. Nothing new. Just more of the same tired old PATS bashing that comes out of your piehole everyday.

Hey, Skippy, you missed one. Gronk committed a personal foul vs Chicago and hurt the team with a 15 yard penalty and Belichick not only did not discipline Gronk he said that he could live with what Gronk did.

I thought signing Favre was one of the better moves they made. We looked like we were getting ready for a run before he injured his shoulder. I do agree that Mangini was building a nice roster. Rex first two seasons were as a direct result of this.

Not sure how a team can fire a HC after going 9-7 and building a solid foundation, yet retains a HC after 4 non-winning, non-playoff seasons.

Archived