Manziel involved in a massive fight

joewilly12

Lets make a deal to acquire Manziel 

Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was involved in what was described by Cleveland Scene's Doug Brown as "a massive fight" near an apartment complex on Friday night.

According to the police report acquired by the site, alleged victim Chris Gonos approached Manziel and said, "I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug." Here's what happened next:

"Gonos stepped towards Manziel and was promptly punched in the face, the alleged victim's account to police says, followed by a beat down by Manziel's crew, giving the man a 'swollen lip, right eye swollen, red face.' A security guard intervened and also was hurt."

Gonos also spoke to the site about the fight, saying, "I went to give him like a handshake, or dap or whatever you want to call it, one of his buddies like tackled me. It was going down, a whole bunch of people started fighting. It ended pretty quick. ... My brother saw what was going on and he ran he tackled Johnny Manziel — I guess he got the sack and the fumble. "

The Browns released a statement on Monday to address the report:

"I got a bruised hip and a bruised elbow, and somebody hit me in the back of the head, too. My brother saw what was going on and he ran he tackled Johhny Manziel. I guess he got the sack and the fumble. He tackled him, yeah, I'm talking about he speared him all the way to the back wall. I was cornered; I was by myself and Johnny Manziel and like three or four of his buddies were all coming at me. (My brother) just came to help me out, and I guess Johnny sucker punched him while the security guard was holding him. It should be all on video."

sounds like a set-up

johnny has to be smarter tho, don't allow yourself to be a target

Johnny Manziel subject of hotel fight

Updated: November 24, 2014, 3:48 PM ET

By Jeremy Fowler | ESPN.com

CLEVELAND -- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel was involved in a fight in downtown Cleveland early Saturday but is not listed as a suspect, according to a police report obtained by ESPN.

The Cleveland Police Department's report stated that Manziel was approached by a fan named Chris Gonos, who claims he was assaulted by the rookie quarterback and "his entourage." The incident was reported at 2:36 a.m. from the 'Metropolitan at the 9' hotel in Cleveland. The report does not indicate any arrests were made.

A Manziel associate, listed as Dana Kirk, told police "the victim attempted to assault his client and he defended him," according to the police report. Gonos, the alleged victim, told police he was "assaulted by Johnny Football and his entourage" after he tried to approach Manziel as a fan by saying, "I'm the biggest Browns fan ever, I love you, I want to give you a hug," according to the report.

Johnny Manziel, who has played sparingly in his rookie season, was involved in an altercation early Saturday at a Cleveland hotel, according to police.

Browns general manager Ray Farmer said in a statement that the team is gathering information to better understand what occurred.

"Nonetheless, the time of the incident is concerning to us," Farmer said. "We continually stress to all our players the importance of sound decision-making in an effort to avoid putting themselves in these types of situations. We have addressed this appropriately with the player and will have no further comment at this time."

Manziel, who has only been on the field for a handful of plays this season, traveled with the Browns for their Sunday game in Atlanta. The Browns were aware of the incident before they left for Atlanta and met with Manziel to discuss it, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Gonos declined to say whether he intended to press charges when contacted by ESPN's Pat McManamon.

"I'm not talking about that right now," Gonos said.

Conos sustained a swollen lip and swollen right eye, the report said. Cleveland Police Department spokesman Ali Pillow declined immediate comment.

Manziel lives at the hotel, which has several luxurious apartments.

Gonos told police he took one step toward whom he believed to be Manziel and got hit several times in the face by the offender, according to the report, saying he was pushed and attacked by several unidentified males. A hotel employee helped break up the fight and reported to police he was struck in the face but did not want to file an incident, according to the report.

Footage of the fight exists, according to the report. A hotel director of security declined comment when reached Monday.

Manziel's late hours and social life became an issue during the offseason as the Heisman Trophy winner was photographed at various nightclubs.

The Browns' concern over Saturday's incident stems partly from the fact that Manziel is one roster spot away from being the team's starting quarterback, sources told ESPN. Team officials have urged Manziel to "act like a Brown" and be aware of his behavior, according to sources.

Brian Hoyer has served as the starting quarterback throughout the season for the Browns (7-4), who are battling for the AFC North division title and a postseason berth. Hoyer threw three interceptions Sunday but orchestrated a last-minute, game-winning drive in Cleveland's 26-24 victory in Atlanta.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter, ESPN.com Browns reporter Pat McManamon and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Archived