Which Jets jersey was your last one?

chillybott

This is probably a useless topic, but it was something that just sort of struck me and I'd like to know how many others have done this (and maybe for a change of pace, I don't think it can get spun to Rex or Idzik so easily. :) )

I stopped buying player replica jerseys after they traded Vilma away.  I was tired of feeling like I should buy a new one just because they got rid of the last guy I liked to watch play.

How many of you have quit on buying player-specific replica jerseys.....which is the one you tend to wear to games?

Up until this year I wore the Vilma, but this year I have become so disgusted with the product that I won't wear any gear to the games.

I was about to buy a Revis jersey, but realized he was going to be gone soon. I bought a Sanchez jersey but to my defense, it was a month after he was drafted. I wanted to buy Mo, but Im gonna hold off on that. I don't see a player that Jets would keep for the entire career here. Nick n Brick maybe but they are OL. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I didn't want to start a new thread does anyone know where I can purchase the black Nike NY Jets down winter jacket thats being worn by coaches on the sidelines? 

I don't see it in Black, but this is what they wear on the Sideline:

http://www.nflshop.com/New_York_Jets_Jackets_On_Field_Apparel/Mens_New_York_Jets_Nike_Green_Full_Zip_Down_Parka

This is the 1st season in while I did buy any Jets stuff and did not want any swag this holiday. My family where upset because it so easy just to buy me Jets sh*t.Now that have to give it some thought...

Also I HATE the way the new jerseys fit.

Yes I am fat so are half the other guys at the bar sporting the old Reebok jerseys because they fit . Nike does not get it who ti target market is. Bet you it cost the millions...    . But honestly the fit is more why the last Jersey I owned was a Maybin   

Last one I bought was a Shonn Greene jersey from China, nice, stitched and cheap.

I got a Harris jersey last year from my father.....I almost bought a Pryor after he laid a nice hit on one of the Bengals receivers in preseason(probably his only good hit of the year).....good thing I held off, after I got Gholston on draft day I said I would never get a rookie's jersey again until I saw some production.

I also like to wear my green Namath and my 75 NFL anniversary, white Esiason jersey.

If I buy a new one it would be Sheldon hands down.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

+1 I have been searching for a #21 Pre-'97 Jets jersey for the longest. LOVED Victor Green! He was EVERYTHING we were expecting from Pryor this year.

I do have a prized '95 Chrebet & '93 Rob Moore that I just have hanging up in my den. I should wear them every now & then

Yeah I personally like the early to mid 90s jersey with the black trim.....would love a green Chrebet before they switched to the current uni's. Hard to find though.....eBay is your best bet from my expirience.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is probably a useless topic, but it was something that just sort of struck me and I'd like to know how many others have done this (and maybe for a change of pace, I don't think it can get spun to Rex or Idzik so easily. :) )

I stopped buying player replica jerseys after they traded Vilma away.  I was tired of feeling like I should buy a new one just because they got rid of the last guy I liked to watch play.

How many of you have quit on buying player-specific replica jerseys.....which is the one you tend to wear to games?

Up until this year I wore the Vilma, but this year I have become so disgusted with the product that I won't wear any gear to the games.

Custom Rex Ryan throwback jersey. 

Last one I bought was Coles, that was a while ago. I switch back and forth between that and my Al Toon throwback. I was on the verge of buying a Revis authentic before everything went down, which is a shame because that one would have been good to wear forever. If they extend Wilkerson I can see myself buying a white jersey, but to be honest I don't really like the look of the jerseys ever since they switched to Nike. The collars look weird and the half stripe around the sleeves looks bad when not in shoulder pads.

Boozer was great - played with both Snell and Riggins, was always smooth. Apparently, the only jerseys worth buying are the ones of players 20 years ago, since in those days players stayed on their teams awhile, and their jerseys are forever etched in our memories: Caster, Barkum, Boozer, Walker -- they stayed around. Today, you get a jersey, and it's worthless a year later (Revis is a good example, unless he comes back for a second dance).

Archived