I remember when...

CM28

I was in a store on Manhattan admiring the new QBs jersey. Should I buy it? Can I afford it?? It was the end of another great vacation and the money were spent but the #6 and the name Sanchez tempted me more than I want to admit today. 

As a sign from what to come, a guy in his 40-50´s came up, checking out something else with a Jets logo. I had kept my enthusiasm for the upcoming season for myself during the whole stay as my girlfriend don´t give a rats ass for football, and I wouldn't´t pass up on the opportunity to connect with a soul-mate and share the dream of our franchise QB! 

-Hey the kid can play!

In a muffled voice and clearly angered that another person was addressing him and on top of it is optimistic of the Jets he replied - We´ll see, and then turned around and walked away. My mood turned south and I left the store without a shiny new jersey.

I understand today that that innocent guy will never be me again. I will quite possibly be the other guy when a kid walks up to me one day being enthusiastic about the Jets..

My faith in Johnson is 0 and I promise you all that if that idiot keep Rex for next season I will not watch a single game. I hope that group of Idzik haters can include Rex in the campaign asap. The guy has a dinosaur football mind  and should leave now and never return to a HC gig ever again. He´s a fraud.

Wah. Wah. Next you're going to tell me about the tears you shed after hearing about steroids in baseball.

Just let me grieve will ya. Saw the Bills game a day later due to time difference and wanted to throw the tube out of the window one series into the game..

They do roids in baseball??  

Just let me grieve will ya. Saw the Bills game a day later due to time difference and wanted to throw the tube out of the window one series into the game..

Bro - last night was a love tap - the Phins are going to redefine sodomy on Gang Green next Monday night and can't wait to get on with it I'm sure.

It's been awhile since there's been this type of talent disparity and those scum will pull no punches I'm sure.

Uglier is coming. 

I was in a store on Manhattan admiring the new QBs jersey. Should I buy it? Can I afford it?? It was the end of another great vacation and the money were spent but the #6 and the name Sanchez tempted me more than I want to admit today.

As a sign from what to come, a guy in his 40-50´s came up, checking out something else with a Jets logo. I had kept my enthusiasm for the upcoming season for myself during the whole stay as my girlfriend don´t give a rats ass for football, and I wouldn't´t pass up on the opportunity to connect with a soul-mate and share the dream of our franchise QB!

-Hey the kid can play!

In a muffled voice and clearly angered that another person was addressing him and on top of it is optimistic of the Jets he replied - We´ll see, and then turned around and walked away. My mood turned south and I left the store without a shiny new jersey.

I understand today that that innocent guy will never be me again. I will quite possibly be the other guy when a kid walks up to me one day being enthusiastic about the Jets..

My faith in Johnson is 0 and I promise you all that if that idiot keep Rex for next season I will not watch a single game. I hope that group of Idzik haters can include Rex in the campaign asap. The guy has a dinosaur football mind and should leave now and never return to a HC gig ever again. He´s a fraud.

So its your fault Sanchez ended up sucking...You jinxed it, Thanks alot.

My dad hung a poster of Riggins above my crib. Sadness.

Don't remind me about Riggins... as a youngster rooting for the Jets, nobody gave me more thrills than watching him play. Losing him was just an early example of our ineptitude. Yes, I knew we sucked as an infant, too.

I simply will never or simply never see myself  buying a JETS jersey of a QB. I have 2 Namaths , home and away.

I see all the fans in Smith and Sanchez jerseys, even Favre jerseys and I shake my head.  What a waste of money.

I admire a Testaverde jersey, Todd jersey but geez, are we in need of a solid QB.

My dad hung a poster of Riggins above my crib. Sadness.

Don't remind me about Riggins... as a youngster rooting for the Jets, nobody gave me more thrills than watching him play. Losing him was just an early example of our ineptitude. Yes, I knew we sucked as an infant, too.

Riggins was my guy also...:sad: Was 5 yrs old when I got my 44 uniform for Xmas in '73...To be able to play football with my friends as Riggins was amazing, 2 seasons later he was gone forever...There are always complete fools running this franchise...:mad:

Thing about Riggins, is that he's remembered by most as a Washington Redskin, but I'll never forget him as a Jet. We actually had him at his best; he wasn't only powerful, he was very fast early in his career and totally unstoppable as a rookie out of Kansas. There was nothing better than watching him take a short pass out of the backfield and watch him plow upfield with a head of steam.  With the Skins, he was more of a Larry Csonka fullback, still very good, but we had him at this best, and lost him cause we had to give all the money to Joe Namath.

Archived