Giacomini

SickJetFan

S**ks..........!

Thanks Idziot! The sad thing is it made absolutely no sense.  He wasn't cheaper, he wasn't even perceived to be much better, and for someone who preaches build from draft promote from within, sign your players etc...then add that there was plenty of cap money.....in summary the move was beyond moronic!

and u have him in your avatar...

Forget about a QB in the draft, the Jets need to beef up the OL in the worst way. Vick had ZERO.TWO seconds to throw against Buffalo and not much more in any other game. Jets QB's setup and are immediately under pressure. I would spend first and second round picks on the line. Get a FA QB, CB and WR and see what happens with some time to throw.

Forget about a QB in the draft, the Jets need to beef up the OL in the worst way. Vick had ZERO.TWO seconds to throw against Buffalo and not much more in any other game. Jets QB's setup and are immediately under pressure. I would spend first and second round picks on the line. Get a FA QB, CB and WR and see what happens with some time to throw.

i tend to agree since there are no sure thing at qb in 1st round anyway

Completely agree. Look at what Cowboys did. Their FO metaphorically got stoned after they made those OL picks the last three years. They picked up a LT, C and a RT (moved to RG) in the first rounds and are set for the next 5-8 years if they resign them. They also have parnell who has played admirably. Probably the OL in the league. We need an overhaul too. We have an LT and C, both on the wrong side of the 30. Then we have practice squad players filling in (at least thats what it seemed like the other day). Need to draft a tackle and two guards and hope Nick and Brick can play another 3-4 yrs at a good level. Nick will. 

Mario Williams had a great day. That will happen. That's why he got such a big contract. 

Breno, Aboushi and Colon are easy to upgrade but the problem is the Jets can't pass. And that's on the QB. Other teams stack the run which makes them more likely to try (and fail) with the pass. The Jets could have 5 Pro Bowlers on the OL and the offense would still be a tire fire.  

IT seems like forever since Jets fans have seen a good NFL QB in green. The way the league is now, you get 2 seconds maybe 3. The ball needs to get out. Neither Vick nor Geno can make a quick decision. 

Completely agree. Look at what Cowboys did. Their FO metaphorically got stoned after they made those OL picks the last three years. They picked up a LT, C and a RT (moved to RG) in the first rounds and are set for the next 5-8 years if they resign them. They also have parnell who has played admirably. Probably the OL in the league. We need an overhaul too. We have an LT and C, both on the wrong side of the 30. Then we have practice squad players filling in (at least thats what it seemed like the other day). Need to draft a tackle and two guards and hope Nick and Brick can play another 3-4 yrs at a good level. Nick will. 

None of it works without Dez, Romo etc. The Jets need better skills (esp QB) more than they need a new OL. 

None of it works without Dez, Romo etc. The Jets need better skills (esp QB) more than they need a new OL. 

Romo literally had 6-8 seconds on every play in that last drive against Giants. When u get that long to throw, receivers are bound to get open. He had an eternity to throw pretty much through out the game. Thats OL. NFL's leading rusher, Murray, is no where close to leading the league in yards after contact. He does lead the league in yards BEFORE contact, which suggests OL is opening up some very holes to run through. Sort of like LT's first 5-6 games with us. 

You want to draft two more guards?  Then you have to dump Idzik.  He has drafted four in two years.  The problem is not resource allocation, it is talent evaluation. 

Jets have 2 choices - you go all out on trying to get Mariota or Winston (neither of which are sure things) and find yourself some stop gap OL via FA or you draft a 1st round tackle and find yourself a stop gap QB.

You want to draft two more guards?  Then you have to dump Idzik.  He has drafted four in two years.  The problem is not resource allocation, it is talent evaluation. 

Idziot has failed on finding long term Guard...RT sucks too

It is what it is.  Unless Dozier plays lights out for remainder of season - provided they let him in game.

Romo literally had 6-8 seconds on every play in that last drive against Giants. When u get that long to throw, receivers are bound to get open. He had an eternity to throw pretty much through out the game. Thats OL. 

Ok so how do you get there. THat kind of time doesn't happen with Blitzes. Romo beats the blitz that's why teams drop into zone. 

meanwhile the Jets get blitzed in almost every situation. They lack a QB with the basic understanding to say "there's a blitz coming to the right, im going to throw it right to my hot route." 

Jets have 2 choices - you go all out on trying to get Mariota or Winston (neither of which are sure things) and find yourself some stop gap OL via FA or you draft a 1st round tackle and find yourself a stop gap QB.

given those 2 choices I'd go with the non sure things QB every time. It's the most important position in all of team sports. It's negligence to not draft another QB. Can't wait around for the next Andrew Luck it's not going to happen. 

Whatever the issue is, we need two guards. Early in the draft. Been that way since Faneca left. Vlad doesn't count. We need actual players, not project bs.

Ok so how do you get there. THat kind of time doesn't happen with Blitzes. Romo beats the blitz that's why teams drop into zone. 

meanwhile the Jets get blitzed in almost every situation. They lack a QB with the basic understanding to say "there's a blitz coming to the right, im going to throw it right to my hot route." 

I get that, but Giants were rushing 4. Its not like they were dropping 9 guys in zone. Romo and Dez deserve credit in their own right, but the OL deserve more credit imo.

our o-line does suck. might be something we can address in free agency? idk I'd have to look at who is going to be available

given those 2 choices I'd go with the non sure things QB every time. It's the most important position in all of team sports. It's negligence to not draft another QB. Can't wait around for the next Andrew Luck it's not going to happen. 

I didn't say they sh not draft a QB - in fact I have been hoping they would the last 3 drafts.  Just not in 1st round.

Given choices in upcoming draft I am leaning on getting the tackle in 1st round, getting a decent FA QB, and drafting a QB in 2-4 rounds like they sh have been doing all along even if they were sold on Geno.  Idziot needs to be fired for passing on Jimmy G alone.

Archived