Geno to start Monday Night.

T0mShane

I love how people like to get on Woody Johnson as if he's the problem. Woody hired an independent party to hire IdZik. He does not claim to know everything about football and doesn't mettle in football operations like some owners. Woody wants to win.

If you want to blame him for loving Rex Ryan so much then ok I get that. Look at it from Woodys standpoint though. Rex is a guy who loves being a part of the Jets organization. Someone who, though some of you may deny it, embodies what the Jet fan is. Wears his emotions on his sleeve and is a personable guy.

I don't blame Woody for wanting Rex back. This offseason is the true test for Woody. While this failing season can undeniably be placed on Idziks shoulders for the lack of talent, it ultimately comes down to Rex not making enough adjustments to cope with that fact.

In my opinion both should go to start fresh. The last thing you want to do is fire Rex and then possibly next season be sh*tty and be at odds on whether to fire your first year coach along with your GM. Tough situation to be in but once again, Woody is not the problem people!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody is the problem. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will NOT be watching that game, I can't take having the Jets get embarrassed on National TV by the likes of the Miami Dolphins. Nothing good can come of that game for me, if the Jets happen to pull out a win it screws up our draft position and the very very slim chance we have of drafting the kid from Oregon. Also, as a south Florida resident having to endure the Jets getting blown out by our most hated rival...as I said nothing good can possibly come from this game. I ain't watching

The life of a Jets fan. It's unfortunate really. We deserve better.

At first i was mad that Geno was starting but now Im thrilled, Geno gives us the best chance to lose.  we need to suck for the duck at this point so Geno the pick machine should finish out and remove all doubt. He sucks.

I agree he sucks, but there always the possibility that he might have a game with no turn overs, everyone will start talking about he's about to break out, and we'll be stuck with this loser again next season.

I was hoping I'd never see this bum again

I agree he sucks, but there always the possibility that he might have a game with no turn overs, everyone will start talking about he's about to break out, and we'll be stuck with this loser again next season.

I was hoping I'd never see this bum again

nah.  thats crazy talk.

This move is not surprising at all.

All this moves does is it clears all doubts about what the management thinks of  Vick future with the team.

Plus if the team is not winning atleast it gives them rest of the season to evaluate Geno and see how he does. Good chance Geno is still on the team even if the JETS draft a QB prospect. Why not give him more game experience and see what he can do. If he shows some growth the JETS might have some thing to hang onto. If he keeps losing it helps the draft position. Win win really in the situation the JETS find themselves.

The life of a Jets fan. It's unfortunate really. We deserve better.

I mean really, what good can possibly come from this game? Can someone please explain to me one positive that can happen. If we win, our chances of getting THE Quarterback of the future that we all agree that we need; is done. So...we lose. If we lose, well...we lose. If I watch, then I'm going to be miserable about it and the board will be the same rehashing of the same problems that have been there since September, Fire Rex, Fire Idziot, Woody is a moron and at the end of the day nothing will change....again, except the holes being ripped through the team will continue to get bigger and become even more glaring. Nothing that will be written be change a thing or even matter because the owner really doesn't care a whole lot about the Jets or football. It's just better if I find something else to do Monday night, maybe go for a nice 3 mile walk with my honey and then maybe go and visit some of my 9 grandchildren. 

I mean really, what good can possibly come from this game? Can someone please explain to me one positive that can happen. If we win, our chances of getting THE Quarterback of the future that we all agree that we need; is done. So...we lose. If we lose, well...we lose. If I watch, then I'm going to be miserable about it and the board will be the same rehashing of the same problems that have been there since September, Fire Rex, Fire Idziot, Woody is a moron and at the end of the day nothing will change....again, except the holes being ripped through the team will continue to get bigger and become even more glaring. Nothing that will be written be change a thing or even matter because the owner really doesn't care a whole lot about the Jets or football. It's just better if I find something else to do Monday night, maybe go for a nice 3 mile walk with my honey and then maybe go and visit some of my 9 grandchildren.

Couldn't have said it better myself. +1

For those rooting for 2-14 and an excellent shot at the Duck, starting GeNO or Vick gives us the best chance at 5 losses, the firings of Rex and Idzik and starting over with Mariota.

Those of us who would prefer a chance at a few wins want Simms but our HC Chuckles The Clown laughed at that idea.

He also said we were a billion times better than a few weeks ago and after 10 days of the best practices he had ever seen were ready to show it

Based on that, should ANYBODY trust any decisions made by Chuckles??

Rams 3rd stringer under Brian schottenheimer is performing better than our 1 and 2. And this is after they benched their 2nd stringer for performing better than our 1 and 2.

Tony soprano has raiders playing with passion and winning games.

Mark Sanchez is playing the best football of his career and has his team in first place.

Not sure what else anyone needs to know. Rex might not be the whole problem but he's a major part of it.

Oh it can be worse--mo or Sheldon can blow out a knee is a worthless game trying to save a condemned coach

Being reported that it's against Rex's wishes, too. If this is the way it's going to be, they should Fire Rex now, because it's going to go full meltdown soon enough.

There are not football related motives for this. Simms has been treated completely unfairly. He could very well suck as well but we will not find out. I have my own theories as to why....and many of them not pretty

For those rooting for 2-14 and an excellent shot at the Duck, starting GeNO or Vick gives us the best chance at 5 losses, the firings of Rex and Idzik and starting over with Mariota.

Those of us who would prefer a chance at a few wins want Simms but our HC Chuckles The Clown laughed at that idea.

He also said we were a billion times better than a few weeks ago and after 10 days of the best practices he had ever seen were ready to show it

Based on that, should ANYBODY trust any decisions made by Chuckles??

No other football player on this team has been put down more by his coach. This is personal.

Can someone tell me why Vick SHOULD start?

No. Actually, in a retarded, assbackward, embarrassing way, this idiotic franchise accidently got this ONE thing sort of right IMO (sort of, because the QB that SHOULD be starting for this team was smiling on the back page today and since they f---d that up, it should be Matt Simms, but since he probably wouldnt be in the league if his name was Simmons, its between Idzig's two gifts to us, Dumb and dog killer........and it should be Smith, by duh-fault.

After the article I just posted and this news getting out, sh*t is going to get ugly FAST.  What a f*cking sh*tshow.  This year is officially worse than 2012 for me.

I too live in South Florida.  I no longer recognize this team as the Jets I have followed since 1968.  Until Woody and the rest of his clowns r out the picture, I 'm unlikely to follow or care about what they do -- and there was a time when I lived and breathed Jets football, for decades -- until there is new ownership in place.. a serious owner, not some trustafarian dweeb.  I half follow the Eagles, only because I half care about the Sanchize, but the owner of the Eagles is another piece of inherited-money work.  But it would make my day if Mark gets to the Supe, by which time Rex and Idzik will be collecting unemployment checks, no doubt; at least the former. I am also expecting many players (the younger ones with talent, whose contracts are expiring) to abandon this team in droves at the end of this so-called season.  This team has no future until Woody is history. If you actually have the talent to play in the NFL, why waste your career playing for a clueless jerkoff owner whose teams are unlikely to go anywhere, except maybe occasionally back into a playoff or two by fluke luck?

There are not football related motives for this. Simms has been treated completely unfairly. He could very well suck as well but we will not find out. I have my own theories as to why....and many of them not pretty

Hes a third string QB. Hes being treated exactly like a third string QB.

I too live in South Florida.  I no longer recognize this team as the Jets I have followed since 1968.  Until Woody and the rest of his clowns r out the picture, I 'm unlikely to follow or care about what they do -- and there was a time when I lived and breathed Jets football, for decades -- until there is new ownership in place.. a serious owner, not some trustafarian dweeb.  I half follow the Eagles, only because I half care about the Sanchize, but the owner of the Eagles is another piece of inherited-money work.  But it would make my day if Mark gets to the Supe, by which time Rex and Idzik will be collecting unemployment checks, no doubt; at least the former. I am also expecting many players (the younger ones with talent, whose contracts are expiring) to abandon this team in droves at the end of this so-called season.  This team has no future until Woody is history. If you actually have the talent to play in the NFL, why waste your career playing for a clueless jerkoff owner whose teams are unlikely to go anywhere, except maybe occasionally back into a playoff or two by fluke luck?

You'll be missed I'm sure

JETS fans rooting for the JETS on a JETS fan forum. Quelle surprise.

difference between rooting and embarrassing levels of homerism

reminds me of an old timer poster, BZ. beginning of year he would pick jets to go 10-6 or whatever but each week he predicted jets victory. i asked him once, if you predict jets to win every week, how come you don't predict jets to go 16-0 at beginning of the year? his response: "i can't root against the jets."

that's the attitude around here. it's not rooting against to predict the opposite. i am rooting for it to be 80 degrees tomorrow but i am predicting it will be 30.

As long as the Jets choose to run out either of GeNO or Vick for the remaining 5 games, our odds of 2-14 and a decent shot at the Duck are dramatically better.

Meanwhile Matt Simms rots on the inactive list and HC Chuckles the Clown laughs when asked why?

As long as the Jets choose to run out either of GeNO or Vick for the remaining 5 games, our odds of 2-14 and a decent shot at the Duck are dramatically better.

Meanwhile Matt Simms rots on the inactive list and HC Chuckles the Clown laughs when asked why?

I just don't get that...I cannot stand it.

difference between rooting and embarrassing levels of homerism

reminds me of an old timer poster, BZ. beginning of year he would pick jets to go 10-6 or whatever but each week he predicted jets victory. i asked him once, if you predict jets to win every week, how come you don't predict jets to go 16-0 at beginning of the year? his response: "i can't root against the jets."

that's the attitude around here. it's not rooting against to predict the opposite. i am rooting for it to be 80 degrees tomorrow but i am predicting it will be 30.

There ya go. Trolling me again.

I have no problem admitting I am homer. Next.

I'm all about cheering my team on to a win. That's why we choose a specific team to follow, root for, talk about, analyze, wear their regalia, get pissed off at and throw/break sh!t over ... etc..

What positive thing will come out of the Jet's winning Monday night? There isn't one good thing I can think of. I personally hope they get annihilated .. old testament kinda stuff.

The best possible thing that can happen to our football team is to have our lucky sperm imbecile owner get accused of making a travesty of sport and be pressured to sell it - which ain't going to happen. 

Next best things in descending order ... have Woodrow get mega embarrassed and decide to sell because he's getting "more involved in politics" and doesn't have the time. 

Have the embarrassment force him to flush the already filled toilet bowl and get rid of everything connected to running and managing it .... get rid of all management, scouting, and some part of the players ....

at least Idsdik, Rex, and MM ...

There is NOTHING to be gained by moral victories, good showings, testaments to not quitting on Rex, or other Rudy-esque feel good, eyes welling up, character confirmations.

That ship has sailed.

To screw us all, again, yet, still, by applying band aids, patches, or in other ways trying to sanitize this floating turd is simply an insurance policy on continued mediocrity - or worse.  

Archived