Thanksgiving Week Fantasy Football - $1025 In Prizes!

Maxman

I am in 4th right now. .3 behind 3rd. :) I am hoping to hang on to at least 16th place for the $25.

I should be able to stick the Luck entry that Angelo mentioned in the top 16. I'm hoping 1 of my others claims in tomorrow as well.

I owe Phil a Christmas card.

Awesome job this week. Congrats.

I have only myself to blame. Going into Sunday morning I had 3 lineups. The fixtures in each were:

Rashad Jennings

Tre Mason

Odell Beckham

Coby Fleener

The QBs I was using were Brees, Luck and Tannehill. I mixed in different 3rd WRs based on the QB cost, and used Kenny Stills for most I think. 2 of them had the Rams D, and 1 had the Dolphins D.

On Sunday morning I added another with the Dolphins D. Then switched them all to Dolphins D, and decided to tinker with all 4 rosters to diversify them more. Turns out I would have probably been in the money ($25) if I just stayed with my original 3 and never edited the rosters after my initial creating them... that said, you win some, you lose some.

@Maxman - Will there be more this week? 

Awesome job this week. Congrats.

I have only myself to blame. Going into Sunday morning I had 3 lineups. The fixtures in each were:

Rashad Jennings

Tre Mason

Odell Beckham

Coby Fleener

The QBs I was using were Brees, Luck and Tannehill. I mixed in different 3rd WRs based on the QB cost, and used Kenny Stills for most I think. 2 of them had the Rams D, and 1 had the Dolphins D.

On Sunday morning I added another with the Dolphins D. Then switched them all to Dolphins D, and decided to tinker with all 4 rosters to diversify them more. Turns out I would have probably been in the money ($25) if I just stayed with my original 3 and never edited the rosters after my initial creating them... that said, you win some, you lose some.

@Maxman - Will there be more this week? 

Thanks, man. That's fantasy. It's mostly luck.

I just got knocked out of the playoffs in my own league because:

1) I finished behind a guy in points by 2295 - 2300 because I picked the worst of the 4 QBs on my roster any of the others would have gotten me in.

combined with:

2) I lost a game when the odds were (literally, according to the site) 500-1 of me losing going into the Sunday night games

combined with:

3) Picking the wrong QB in 10 out of 12 weeks in which I had a choice and it was always the QB with the best matchup. Any of those ten times and I'm in the playoffs.

Basically, I started a league to torture myself for 13 weeks.

Thanks, man. That's fantasy. It's mostly luck.

I just got knocked out of the playoffs in my own league because:

1) I finished behind a guy in points by 2295 - 2300 because I picked the worst of the 4 QBs on my roster any of the others would have gotten me in.

combined with:

2) I lost a game when the odds were (literally, according to the site) 500-1 of me losing going into the Sunday night games

combined with:

3) Picking the wrong QB in 10 out of 12 weeks in which I had a choice and it was always the QB with the best matchup. Any of those ten times and I'm in the playoffs.

Basically, I started a league to torture myself for 13 weeks.

Oh, yea... my dedicated leagues this year have been gut-wrenching. I have a 5-win team that was the 3 highest scoring team in the league. I lost 3 games by under 2 points. I lost 3 more by under 10 points. I lost to the guy with the highest score of the week 6 times,  4 of which I had the 2nd highest score of the week in the loss. 

In other news, I could have clinched the playoffs in a different league this week, but Peyton decided to stat his worst week all year, and put me 3 points behind. Now I need to win, and have other outcomes help me break ties. 

My saving grace this year has been the JN fanduel and my 3rd team is 11-2.

Archived