Most important move in Jets History is hiring new GM

afosomf

From "In Tanny we Trust"  to " Iddy the idiot IBmer"  (the obnoxious posters felating and subsequent backpedaling on these 2 clowns has been quite amusing)

Woody needs to hire Eric Decosta from Ravens, offer him $7-8M, provide him hookers 24/7 do what it takes to have him sign on dotted line.

Let Eric hire the new Coach and set up complete new scouting dept. Hopefully he steals some of the Ravens key scouts.  If not this franchise will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hey, hot young General Manager candidate who's been meticulously handling his own career, holding out for the perfect opportunity, and whom refused to even interview with my franchise two years ago: GOOD NEWS! We're hiring again and you're the...hey, where are you going? Come back! Wait!"

"Hey, hot young General Manager candidate who's been meticulously handling his own career, holding out for the perfect opportunity, and whom refused to even interview with my franchise two years ago: GOOD NEWS! We're hiring again and you're the...hey, where are you going? Come back! Wait!"

Nonsense hypothetical. 

The job now has no Rex Ryan requirement, no mandate to trade the team's best player, a large cap surplus, and a high draft pick. The job will be infinitely more attractive than it was the year John Idzik actually emerged as the best candidate to fill it. You wishfully like to speculate about the jobs Rex will or won't get in the future, but Idzik will never be heard from again. An assistant's assistant in the NFL, at best. 

Nonsense hypothetical. 

The job now has no Rex Ryan requirement, no mandate to trade the team's best player, a large cap surplus, and a high draft pick. The job will be infinitely more attractive than it was the year John Idzik actually emerged as the best candidate to fill it. You wishfully like to speculate about the jobs Rex will or won't get in the future, but Idzik will never be heard from again. An assistant's assistant in the NFL, at best. 

As long as the job comes with Woody Johnson darkening his GMs door, he's not going to get one of these young guys. His only hope is to hire an old Polian-type to act as an intermediary between Woody's band of financiers and the rest of the football universe. The team is as dysfunctional as it's ever been in its history, and will be deemed moreso if/when Idzik is hung out to dry here in a few weeks. 

Also, because it's Thanksgiving, I'll concede this to you: The Jets did Rex Ryan a great disservice in his career by giving him the keys to the kingdom early on. If they had brought in a stronger GM or assistant to mentor him--to teach him how to be a professional and a leader of men--he may have been successful. But he's been ruined instead. In that way, he's a lot like Sanchez, except Sanchez is young enough to re-shape. Rex, even after his weight-losing/taking-himself-seriously life change (after seeking counsel from Parcells, btw), has regressed in every way imaginable to the point where he's almost unrecognizable. At least when he was fat and loud, people believed him. Now he looks like Frank Caliendo doing an impression of Norv Turner. 

As long as the job comes with Woody Johnson darkening his GMs door, he's not going to get one of these young guys. His only hope is to hire an old Polian-type to act as an intermediary between Woody's band of financiers and the rest of the football universe. The team is as dysfunctional as it's ever been in its history, and will be deemed moreso if/when Idzik is hung out to dry here in a few weeks. 

Also, because it's Thanksgiving, I'll concede this to you: The Jets did Rex Ryan a great disservice in his career by giving him the keys to the kingdom early on. If they had brought in a stronger GM or assistant to mentor him--to teach him how to be a professional and a leader of men--he may have been successful. But he's been ruined instead. In that way, he's a lot like Sanchez, except Sanchez is young enough to re-shape. Rex, even after his weight-losing/taking-himself-seriously life change (after seeking counsel from Parcells, btw), has regressed in every way imaginable to the point where he's almost unrecognizable. At least when he was fat and loud, people believed him. Now he looks like Frank Caliendo doing an impression of Norv Turner. 

maybe Baalke loses battle in SF and he becomes available...a longshot

Lets hire another bean counter. In fact, lets get a CAP guy and literally choose the player that Todd McShay has as BEST AVAILABLE. Think about it. Could it be worse? 12 picks and we are holding our peckers.

Jets fans make way too much out of those 12 draft picks.

4 of them were comp picks which couldn't be traded.

4 others were 4th round and below.

So basically, Idzik and the Jets only blew 4 draft picks.

Several good WR's were taken in this draft after we took a few "developmental players".   

Nonsense

You are just so used to bellie missing on his picks

Tx....what would it take to get you to leave Texas and be GM?  :winking0001:  Happy Thanksgiving

So basically, Idzik and the Jets only blew 4 draft pick

TX - please don't apologize for our misfortune.  Just pray that Brady plays for another 10 years.

TX - please don't apologize for our misfortune. Just pray that Brady plays for another 10 years.

I kinda feel sorry for my buddy Tx

Beliache is going to pack it in soon and head off to chasing hos.

And Tammi the fag will be 38+ next season

And anyone who has seen him knows that the Jimmy Crappola error in Sucksboro is gonna be a downer for Tx

Great poster though, one of the best ever

Luv ya, man

Happy T Day

Nonsense hypothetical. 

That is IF Woody Johnson cans him as well. I can see Idzik laying the blame on Rex's inability to coach offense and his disconnect with EVERYONE on the offensive side of the ball as well as special teams. Marty Mornhinweg was as bad a choice for OC as Sparano in that he and Rex have vastly different philosophies. Rex is a ground and pound guy where MM is air it out. Couldn't be further apart and yet Rex is just now realizing this in game 12 of the season. Rex is the ultimate slow to adapt and Idzik just might wriggle off the hook. He will convince Johnson to let him pick his new HC and that it will be better. It couldn't be worse.

I firmly disagree with the bold. 

This franchise is truly dysfunctional from the top down, of that there is no doubt, but firing Idzik along with Rex will be one of the competent things they've done in a long time - and that, in turn, will free up the next guy to start with a clean slate. Keeping idzik would simply be a continuation of the dysfunction. A lame duck GM trying to find a coach from a lesser set of candidates. It would be certain doom for this team. Can't do anything about Woody, his prep school bud, or Neil Glat, but the jobs here will be more attractive than they've been since Groh walked out if they do the right thing and clean house. 

I have no idea what your angle is defending Idzik. Are you one of those guys who thinks his message board posts influence what the team does? Because I'd understand that, as a fan of a rival team, you'd like the Jets to keep Idzik in place. I'm also having a little bit of difficulty following your word problem, there. 

You could also say that seven of his picks were in the fourth round or higher. Expectations in the first four rounds are generally reasonably high. Only two of those seven are contributiing at all - none after the second round. For a WR needy team in a WR deep draft he took three swings and struck out in such a tremendous fashion that he found himself going against his tightwad principles and traded a pick for the right to overpay Percy Harvin - who is really more of a gadget player than a WR, himself. 

The man is in way over his head. 

You may be right about a stronger GM helping Rex. Tanny obviously gave in to Rex on EVERY pick he wanted no matter how strange or how much it looked like a square peg in a round hole. This is why I felt that Rex deserved to be fired along with Tannenbaum. Look at the choices they made. Kyle Wilson in 2010 - has yet to make a significant play. In 2011 it was Quinton Coples - a 4-3 DE that Rex tried to make a 3-4 DE. Different animal altogether. Then came Mo Wilkerson -  one pretty good pick, though he seems to be getting tired of the whole thing here and may leave in FA. Sheldon Richardson was the ONE good pick Idzik made before injury prone Milliner and the QB they are still trying to figure out - though most of us already know he is a bust. Injury prone CB's and non productive WR's have been Idzik's stock in trade. Rex rode in on a wave of bragadiccio and the NY media wonks loved it. Then came the reality that Rex couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. That he is sloooooooow to adapt and he has a total disconnect with anyone on the offensive side of the ball  not to mention special teams. How many times did Harvin run kickoffs nine yards deep in the end zone? Rex still hasn't figured that one out yet.

I firmly disagree with the bold. 

This franchise is truly dysfunctional from the top down, of that there is no doubt, but firing Idzik along with Rex will be one of the competent things they've done in a long time - and that, in turn, will free up the next guy to start with a clean slate. Keeping idzik would simply be a continuation of the dysfunction. A lame duck GM trying to find a coach from a lesser set of candidates. It would be certain doom for this team. Can't do anything about Woody, his prep school bud, or Neil Glat, but the jobs here will be more attractive than they've been since Groh walked out if they do the right thing and clean house. 

Totally agree Slats. The Jets job is very attractive. Major media market, high draft pick and lots of salary cap space. The owner is a negative, but a strong GM candidate will express to him that HE runs the outfit and that the owner should do what owners do and let the professionals do their job. Woody isn't really a buttinski owner anyway - just a dork.

I have no idea what your angle is defending Idzik. Are you one of those guys who thinks his message board posts influence what the team does? Because I'd understand that, as a fan of a rival team, you'd like the Jets to keep Idzik in place. I'm also having a little bit of difficulty following your word problem, there.

You could also say that seven of his picks were in the fourth round or higher. Expectations in the first four rounds are generally reasonably high. Only two of those seven are contributiing at all - none after the second round. For a WR needy team in a WR deep draft he took three swings and struck out in such a tremendous fashion that he found himself going against his tightwad principles and traded a pick for the right to overpay Percy Harvin - who is really more of a gadget player than a WR, himself.

The man is in way over his head.

Not sure how you mis-interpreted my post.

I agree with you, Idzik is in way over his head and has no clue.

The point of my post was that the Jets 12 draft picks this year were very misleading.

Yea, you're right assmop.

BB has missed on so many draft picks that the Pats only win 12-14 games every season for the past decade.

That has nothing to do with his failures on draft day ,which have been plentiful..don't make me go thru all his busts not enuff space to list them all

It has more to do with state of AFC Least and having Tommie Brady as his QB. Even that pick was luck, as many scouts wanted Rattay and if it weren't for Dick Rehbein, bellie is prob canned early on.

"4 others were 4th round and below".

Even your basic Facts are Wrong, its 6 Picks in the first 4 rounds, and three in the fouth, a total Mid round disaster.

If you got a Blind guy to throw darts at a wall full of names, he could have done better.

1 Calvin Pryor

2 Jace Amaro

3 Dexter McDougle

4a Jalen Saunders

4b Shaq Evans

4c Dakota Dozier

DeCosta's not going anywhere. He's the heir apparent in Baltimore and from all indications, that's his dream job. We should go after Tom Gamble or Eliot Wolf, and have Woody promise them full control.

Lol!!!  :lol:

2/3's of the candidates who interviewed last time won't even take the call. Last year the Jets were a difficult job, now they're a bottomless pit. It will take a young guy with a different way of doing things. Sort of a GM version of Chip Kelly. That''s if we are VERY lucky

DeCosta's not going anywhere. He's the heir apparent in Baltimore and from all indications, that's his dream job. We should go after Tom Gamble or Eliot Wolf, and have Woody promise them full control.

Lol!!! :lol:

Tom Gamble isn't coming here after his last interview, which supposedly was a disaster.

Ron Wolf's is worth considering. He's learned from the best.

I know he wouldn't be the popular choice, but I think Scott Pioli could do well here. He built that KC team that's doing well right now. He's tied to Parcells, which I'm sure carries weight with Woody. Bring him in, and Todd Bowles, another guy with Parcells ties, as head coach.

Peeoli was run out of town in KD, Guess what they used BILLBOARDS

The two things that ruined him were Matt Cassel and his two choices for head coach.  Todd Haley is a douchier version of Eric Mangini, and Romeo Crennel was already a proven failure as a head coach.

But if you look at that KC team, it's composed mostly of players that he brought in. 

The two things that ruined him were Matt Cassel and his two choices for head coach.  Todd Haley is a douchier version of Eric Mangini, and Romeo Crennel was already a proven failure as a head coach.

But if you look at that KC team, it's composed mostly of players that he brought in. 

Well Peeoli was dunb enuff to hire them..also he created a very unhealthy environment....control freak and was rumored to tap phone lines

Archived