Thanksgiving Football Game Threads

joewilly12

saving my time allotment for the sanchez - romo bowl.  have the music going and a fire now

gotta build up the lazy drinking points lol

LOL

Yeah me to. Got to figure out a way to avoid the family's wrath when I excuse myself to the back porch to watch the game

Ebron is awful

I won't forget before the draft he was working out for the media and supposedly said something along the lines of 'don't blink, you don't want to miss this one'... and he proceeded to drop the pass. 

First time we weren't on the losing end of a draft choice. Jace "Stonehands" Amaro > Eric "Not LeBron" Ebron. 

I won't forget before the draft he was working out for the media and supposedly said something along the lines of 'don't blink, you don't want to miss this one'... and he proceeded to drop the pass. 

First time we weren't on the losing end of a draft choice. Jace "Stonehands" Amaro > Eric "Not LeBron" Ebron. 

Ebron is so overrated... 2nd rd talent

Bears drafted Jeffrey and we drafted Hill...............

Yesteday on WFAN Boomer and Carton they said out of 33 WRs drafted in the 2014 draft all have catches except the WRs the Jets drafted FU Idzik 

Still give me Amaro over all but four of those guys (Evans, Watkins, Cooks, Beckham).

I'd take Moncrief, Bryant, and Jordan Matthews over Jace.

I decidedly would not. He'd be in their tier if he was a WR, but as a TE he's got one of the highest ceilings of any pass catcher in this draft. Best talent the Jets have had at that position in ever. He's even surprised me by being bigger and more physical than I expected in his rookie season.

Sanchez is taunting NY...9 for 11 with 2 TDs in two drives.

I decidedly would not. He'd be in their tier if he was a WR, but as a TE he's got one of the highest ceilings of any pass catcher in this draft. Best talent the Jets have had at that position in ever. He's even surprised me by being bigger and more physical than I expected in his rookie season.

He's disappeared recently though. The three named above have gotten better as the season has gone on.

Amaro has hard hands

Amaro has hard hands

Probably less so than 30 of those guys so I'm sticking with Amaro.

He's disappeared recently though. The three named above have gotten better as the season has gone on.

I wonder if that has anything to do with catching passes from Roethlisberg/Luck...Matthews is solid enough and should have a fine career, but Amaro's got way more size and a higher overall ceiling at his position. While some will say that TE isn't more important than WR, I would say that they've missed the whole last decade in the NFL. TEs are big time pass catchers now.

Bryant and Moncrief were mid-late round size/speed prospects who lucked out and found great QBs. Even then, Amaro has outproduced Moncrief in receptions, yards, and TDs.

Probably less so than 30 of those guys so I'm sticking with Amaro.

I wonder if that has anything to do with catching passes from Roethlisberg/Luck...Matthews is solid enough and should have a fine career, but Amaro's got way more size and a higher overall ceiling at his position. While some will say that TE isn't more important than WR, I would say that they've missed the whole last decade in the NFL. TEs are big time pass catchers now.

Bryant and Moncrief were mid-late round size/speed prospects who lucked out and found great QBs. Even then, Amaro has outproduced Moncrief in receptions, yards, and TDs.

Amaro is a mid tier tight end. I don't think he has what it takes to be a Graham or Gronk or Witten. I don't think he's elite. Solid player, but big time players have more than 2 catches in 3 weeks, no matter who is throwing him the ball.

Amaro is a mid tier tight end. I don't think he has what it takes to be a Graham or Gronk or Witten. I don't think he's elite. Solid player, but big time players have more than 2 catches in 3 weeks, no matter who is throwing him the ball.

I'll take "things that are easy to say" for 500.

Rookie years...

Witten: 35/345/1

Gronk: 42/546/10

Graham: 65/670/9

Amaro through 11 games as a rookie: 34/291/2

Two of those guys opened their careers on loaded offenses with HOF QBs throwing them the ball.

There's nothing so far that would indicate Amaro being a starter in the league.

Decker's a 4-5 year veteran starter who barely looks like one with this team. Welcome to the Jets. Martavis Bryant and Jordan Matthews wouldn't have 12 TDs between them if they were on this team either, context matters.

Amaro's got the size, the pass catching scouting reports, he's got a signifiicant track record as a pass catcher in college, his rookie production is rookie production and not actually a knock...While coming into the Jets might hurt his long term projections, coming into the league and almost immediately being your team's second best pass catching option isn't nothing.

Archived