Anybody Going Black Friday Shopping This Year?

Bombdirt

I flipped through a few ads yesterday but didn't see anything too great at the stores in my area. Maybe I'll venture out this afternoon and see if GameStop has anything good left.

Years ago, I used to work retail and got to see the Black Friday chaos first-hand. There would be hundreds of people lined up outside the store in the morning and when we opened the doors it was literally a stampede to the stuff in the ad. I never saw any full-blown fights but there was lots of pushing and shoving every year. Pure craziness. Seeing all those people storm through the doors like bulls made me crap my pants every time.

I don't think I could handle that anymore. Cyber Monday sounds a lot more appealing these days.

I flipped through a few ads yesterday but didn't see anything too great at the stores in my area. Maybe I'll venture out this afternoon and see if GameStop has anything good left.

Years ago, I used to work retail and got to see the Black Friday chaos first-hand. There would be hundreds of people lined up outside the store in the morning and when we opened the doors it was literally a stampede to the stuff in the ad. I never saw any full-blown fights but there was lots of pushing and shoving every year. Pure craziness. Seeing all those people storm through the doors like bulls made me crap my pants every time.

I don't think I could handle that anymore. Cyber Monday sounds a lot more appealing these days.

Working retail on Black Friday should be a must for every human, if only to learn that we are all just animals with debit cards.

Made an attempt to get to a Walmart yesterday and it looked like a Ferguson riot. Four cop cars out front, sirens flashing, a dude getting stuffed into the backseat of one of them. Looking in through the lobby, it was shoulder to shoulder. **** that.

I heard on the radio the "brick and mortar" sales were down, and 6 million less people actually went shopping

looks like cyber monday is taking over the weekend

I bought a bunch of stuff this year for Cyber Monday, but the thing is this year Cyber Monday started on Black Friday. Most of the big websites just kept the same deals from Friday going all weekend and just relabeled the sale. And a lot of the online retailers are calling it Cyber Week now.

I bought a bunch of stuff this year for Cyber Monday, but the thing is this year Cyber Monday started on Black Friday. Most of the big websites just kept the same deals from Friday going all weekend and just relabeled the sale. And a lot of the online retailers are calling it Cyber Week now.

well there ya go, lol

I wonder when my 9 year old is in his 40's what his shopping choices will be.  I have to think the stores will have all merged into a Buy "N" Large type mega conglomerate and alibaba will have a moon base and ship orders holographically

Archived