The idea of coaching a QB so that they don't lose is wrong

CobraVerde

Watching the Dallas game Troy Aikman made the point that coaching Mark and telling him not to lose games was the wrong way to bring him up and I totally agree with that. I also think by doing so he learned to fear the interception rather than to embrace a strong QB mentality and move on from your mistakes. Manning Brady rivers breed Rodgers etc they all are coached to go out there and win the game not told to not lose it. Thoughts?

Watching the Dallas game Troy Aikman made the point that coaching Mark and telling him not to loose games was the wrong way to bring him up and I totally agree with that. I also think by doing so he learned to fear the interception rather than to embrace a strong QB mentality and move on from your mistakes. Manning Brady rivers breed Rodgers etc they all are coached to go out there and win the game not told to not lose it. Thoughts?

Agree 100%. Rex's main problem is he never understood that smart aggressive leads to less turnovers than turtled/super conservative

Agree 100%. Rex's main problem is he never understood that smart aggressive leads to less turnovers than turtled/super conservative

True, and that stems from his defensive-centric viewpoint. He wants his defense to be aggressive and the offense to not make a mistake.

Archived