Would you give complete control of the New York Jets to Nick Saban?

CobraVerde

Would you give Nick Saban Complete Control of the New York Jets?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give Nick Saban Complete Control of the New York Jets?

• Yes. Give him whatever he wants.
    • No. Nick Saban is not an answer.
    • No. Get Les Miles, Gus Malzahn or Jimbo Fisher instead (or other).
    • No. We need a seasoned NFL coach.
    • No. We need a retired NFL coach.
    • We need to keep Rex Ryan

Jets have ties to Alabama. Sure he blew his first rodeo with the Dolphins but that is because they didnt give him control of personnel, which is what Saban loves about college. Program is still tops but that are chinks in the armor. Would you be willing to give him control of personnel and players and coaching to try and get this organization back to the top? Pete Carroll's second crack has turned out alright i would say? Chip Kelly isnt doing half bad, with Sanchez btw...

Thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

College recruiting is vastly different from NFL drafting and personnel. Saban has way more booster money to slither under the table illegally to alleged high school "graduates" than any NFL team has in their entire salary cap.

Pete Carroll doesn't have personnel control in Seattle.

Other than those two minor points, it's a good idea

How can you say that when he's got the exact resume as Pete Carroll when he got the Seahawks job? Heck he's more titles in a WAY tougher conference. He basically already plays NFL in the SEC...

Similar resume, but completely different job that you have him up for here than what Pete has in Seattle.  Maybe he learned something after fleeing the NFL and going back to 'Bama, but I don't think any of it is managing a roster at the pro level.  You can't have 4- and 5-star recruits waiting on the bench for two years in the bigs.  I'd have no problem him interviewing for the head coaching gig, but unless he floors them with a presentation, I wouldn't hand him the keys to the whole operation.

How can you say that when he's got the exact resume as Pete Carroll when he got the Seahawks job? Heck he's more titles in a WAY tougher conference. He basically already plays NFL in the SEC...

Saban blows ..Jets should go after offensive genius Larry Fedora out of UNC

i don't believe saban's coaching style works well with grown men.. he can bully college kids.. grown ass men making millions?? not so much..

Carroll had a rough time here and  with the Pats before getting it right at USC.But Saban despite some NFL work was really woful in Miami, and his oily perfectionist act will not translate as well as Carroll has. Carroll never held himself out as some kind of genius while Saban has made a cottage industry of being some kind of football Pitino, which is BS.  Based on Saban's disaster with the Dolphins, don't see how it works, nor why he would leave his current god status with Alabama.And cannot say this enough; the NCAA Final 4 is about to become 2nd only to he NFL. Would expect within 2 seasons it will be an 8 team tournament. Saban is going to be at the top of that heap based on recruiting for as long as he stays where he is. 

I'd rather go the OC/QB coach route from the NFL. Give me one of:  Tom Clements, Ken Zampese, Greg Roman, Pete Carmichael, Hue Jackson, Adam Gase, or Bill Lazor. We need a young offensive minded coach that can embrace the new NFL and its emphasis on the passing game.

I'd echo what broadway joe said .. His résumé kicks ass, but his personality doesn't speak to me. Kinda like the eye test, I guess. I simply don't trust Saban .

He'd need full control cause I'm sure his buddy belichick would fill him in on what a cluster**** the jets are.

any flirtation with saban would result in him staying at alabama, but getting a raise

pass

still hilarious to me how jets fans still want to hold out for the ideal. screw the ideal. go for an improvement. so what if he stays at alabama and get a raise? have to try.

still hilarious to me how jets fans still want to hold out for the ideal. screw the ideal. go for an improvement. so what if he stays at alabama and get a raise? have to try.

no you don't.  you can focus your energies on situations that are more likely to get you the result you are looking for.  He isn't a qualified lead.  He's the patel lead

no you don't.  you can focus your energies on situations that are more likely to get you the result you are looking for.  He isn't a qualified lead.  He's the patel lead

bro, the jets need to follow every ******* lead. this franchise is ******* awful, worst ever, terrible. if there is a lottery ticket to buy jets need to buy it.

bro, the jets need to follow every ******* lead. this franchise is ******* awful, worst ever, terrible. if there is a lottery ticket to buy jets need to buy it.

ok if it will make you happy, they should call his agent.

then after that, go after serious candidates

ok if it will make you happy, they should call his agent.

then after that, go after serious candidates

jets aren't getting any serious candidate. if they stuck to the guys they could get they would be calling the bottom of the barrel. no marquee guys are coming to work for the glacier who can't put proper talent on the field.

jets aren't getting any serious candidate. if they stuck to the guys they could get they would be calling the bottom of the barrel. no marquee guys are coming to work for the glacier who can't put proper talent on the field.

the jets job is an easy sell.  to a cocky arrogant talented person, you tell him if you come here and fix this mess, you are a legend and can write your own ticket for the rest of your career

anyone who isn't into that pitch is the wrong guy for the job

saban fits the profile, but has a track record of breaking deals early.  we don't want a guy for 2 years.  we need 4 or more.

this is assuming the glacier has been replaced of course.  if he stays it's going to be another 3 year cycle before we are released from woody's inferno

the jets job is an easy sell.  to a cocky arrogant talented person, you tell him if you come here and fix this mess, you are a legend and can write your own ticket for the rest of your career

anyone who isn't into that pitch is the wrong guy for the job

saban fits the profile, but has a track record of breaking deals early.  we don't want a guy for 2 years.  we need 4 or more.

this is assuming the glacier has been replaced of course.  if he stays it's going to be another 3 year cycle before we are released from woody's inferno

lol--it must be them, not us, disregard the fact that we are the joke of the NFL, have the worst GM in football, and a true dipsh*t for an owner. hey if you don't want dis job, screw you!!!!

time to look in the mirror. get rid of idziot and roll out the red carpet with full control for a serious football guy. done with this bullsh*t half measures. fire coach, GM stays. fire OC, HC stays. fire GM, HC stays. NO MORE; CLEAN THIS sh*t UP.

lol--it must be them, not us, disregard the fact that we are the joke of the NFL, have the worst GM in football, and a true dipsh*t for an owner. hey if you don't want dis job, screw you!!!!

time to look in the mirror. get rid of idziot and roll out the red carpet with full control for a serious football guy. done with this bullsh*t half measures. fire coach, GM stays. fire OC, HC stays. fire GM, HC stays. NO MORE; CLEAN THIS sh*t UP.

it's not a case of it you don't want this job screw you.  it's a case of matching the right personality for the job.

it was the main reason parcells came here.  leon being a rich guy who agreed to renovate the entire facility, pay him and his assistants like kings didn't hurt, but make no mistake the parcells personality looks at this as an opportunity

it's not a case of it you don't want this job screw you.  it's a case of matching the right personality for the job.

it was the main reason parcells came here.  leon being a rich guy who agreed to renovate the entire facility, pay him and his assistants like kings didn't hurt, but make no mistake the parcells personality looks at this as an opportunity

i think the problem is the people with the right personality to turn around this disaster don't want this moronic job.

parcells came pre-idzik. idzik is the joke of the league.

who the hell wants to try to win with a pop warner roster where they need to get a permission slip signed to make a QB change?

i think the problem is the people with the right personality don't want this moronic job.

parcells came pre-idzik. idzik is the joke of the league.

who the hell wants to try to win with a pop warner roster where they need to get a permission slip signed to make a QB change?

wasn't kotite the GM/HC ?  

this scenario is very similar to the kotite/parcells switch, we just didn't have much of an internet back then to get everybody good and obsessed.  

the bets case scenario is woody grows some balls, and does his job which is to find a football man to run the show, then give him total control to pick a HC.  I am not a fan of the 1 guy does it all approach.

wasn't kotite the GM/HC ?  

this scenario is very similar to the kotite/parcells switch, we just didn't have much of an internet back then to get everybody good and obsessed.  

the bets case scenario is woody grows some balls, and does his job which is to find a football man to run the show, then give him total control to pick a HC.  I am not a fan of the 1 guy does it all approach.

yeah pretty clear idzik is in over his head. as long as he is here we are going nowhere. and i can't see a big time HC coming to work with the idziot.

don't think woody will get rid of idzik this offseason though. the entire organization needs a good fumigation. no more bradshaw, no more holding certain guys over, no more switching people to new roles.... hire a legit GM and then woody butt the **** out!

There is no doubt a total house cleaning is in order, top to bottom. Bring in Harbaugh, whatever it takes,give him total control of the franchise, allow him to bring in whomever he feel will turn this mess around. Coaches, scouting staff, trainers, whatever he feels he has to change, do it!!!!

Just thinking about it now, I really enjoyed Rex and sorry it didn't work out. Yet as I think about it, maybe we should have hire Westoff and gave him his shot at a HC job, wonder what the outcome might have been.

Archived