Jameis Winston Perfect Fit For Jets

flgreen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he played much better.  still has sloppy, happy feet.  he has very good vision, if you make a mistake as a defense he sees it

Two things he has to improve on to be a good QB in the NFL.. As you mentioned his foot work, and he has to temper his gunslinger mentality. Relies to much on his arm strength, and put the ball where it doesn't fit to often

Who cares? We don't want him. Jets need a smart QB.

By smart do you mean articulate and not thuggish?  He's run Fischer's offense more thoroughly than anyone in the last decade, going all the way back to his time at LSU. You guys are just parroting non-information that you picked up from some other internet hack who didn't know what he was talking about.  Did you know he was running a larger percentage of Fischer's offense his freshman year than Ponder was in his last year?  He may not be articulate or brilliant, but the kid is very football smart. 

WINSTON - 2 NCAA titles in the MAKING.  HE is the MAN for the JOB !!!

Woody loves headlines. Winston will load the back page of every newspaper baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-14 OR even 3-13  god forbid  is enough to guarantee he will be there when the Jets draft

ON a side note do the Knicks have their #1 pick for 2015?

By smart do you mean articulate and not thuggish?  He's run Fischer's offense more thoroughly than anyone in the last decade, going all the way back to his time at LSU. You guys are just parroting non-information that you picked up from some other internet hack who didn't know what he was talking about.  Did you know he was running a larger percentage of Fischer's offense his freshman year than Ponder was in his last year?  He may not be articulate or brilliant, but the kid is very football smart. 

He's really solid when it comes to identifying the mis-match at the LOS...whether that is him or Jimbo from the sideline is what I'm really curious about. No doubt he'll find you if you're open, so they rarely miss the big play, so he gets it after the snap...for the most part.  For all the terrible throws he makes, he will follow it up with a big boy next level throw which most college QB's just cant do.

A couple of things I've noticed recently is that he'll open up his body a a lot, like he's pitching, which sometimes puts his footwork off and makes him throw a little behind his WR.  Thats going to effect him throwing through a window at the next level.  Also, I've noticed with his wind up that he kinds of brings the ball across his body, from his front should to his back, before his gets the ball up to his release point.  He's such a big guy and he has a nice high release but those 2 things combined, really makes me wonder if he's going to be able to face pressure and deliver at the next level.

He's really solid when it comes to identifying the mis-match at the LOS...whether that is him or Jimbo from the sideline is what I'm really curious about. No doubt he'll find you if you're open, so they rarely miss the big play, so he gets it after the snap...for the most part.  For all the terrible throws he makes, he will follow it up with a big boy next level throw which most college QB's just cant do.

A couple of things I've noticed recently is that he'll open up his body a a lot, like he's pitching, which sometimes puts his footwork off and makes him throw a little behind his WR.  Thats going to effect him throwing through a window at the next level.  Also, I've noticed with his wind up that he kinds of brings the ball across his body, from his front should to his back, before his gets the ball up to his release point.  He's such a big guy and he has a nice high release but those 2 things combined, really makes me wonder if he's going to be able to face pressure and deliver at the next level.

To me his release is very worrisome. I think it will be a reason he drops. Its not leftwich , but its longgg.

There was some talk of this when he was down at Ranger's camp as well as FSU's camp: I remember hearing and interview with Elway saying once he was away from baseball he felt his football motion become more solidified, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happen with Winston.

Yea, he's got a bit of an elongated throwing motion (not nearly as long as Byron Leftwich's windup that he's compared to) that needs to be cleaned up, but then again so did Rodgers coming out.  That's why I'd love to draft this kid, but sit him, let the proper people work on getting his mechanics 100%, let him learn the speed of the NFL and then get his shot. Much like the Brown's are doing with Manziel.  

What has Gruden done to make you want him?

Firstly, I like that he's from a football family, that he was an assistant on his Father's championship teams and has spent his whole life around football, especially the offensive side. He was a QB in HS and College and has cut his teeth on that side of the ball. Most of that is window-dressing and is rather irrelevant, as the real reason I like him is he seems to be the adult in the room, the guy who's not afraid to say to his owner "the QB you blew your load for isn't putting in the work to be great and I refuse to build around him." He's won at multiple levels, even though it's a lower tiered level, he's shown he can manage an entire team, not just one side of the ball... but he is good on that side of the ball, just look at what he did with Cinci.

You don't know that for sure, you're just using Jimbo's offense as the defacto standard for which to gauge a QB's potential in the pros because you feel like it.

Your rant does more to explain why Ponder sucks, if anything.

By "smart" I mean as a person that makes the right decisions, both on the job and off, something you and your muppets choose to ignore.

Last night I admit he looked good, much more together. He knows he's under a microscope that'll only get more intense.

For the first time the ragamuffin junk wagon didn't put the team behind slinging brainless INTs just to win it by a shoestring when opposing Ds lay down in the second half.

Finally at last, a solid win that wasn't pieced together with duct tape. 

Coincidentally, Mariota had one of his duller nights but still dominated. Ducks average 46 PPG. They methodically destroy defenses. 

Bottom line, the success of both QBs in the pros rides on them finding the ideal environment. 

They're both 6'-4" and only ten pounds different. Some reports say Winston is much larger but that's untrue.

Mariota might be the next Russell Wilson. Winston might be the next Daunte Culpepper.

Take your pick.

Rose Bowl

Thursday, January 1, 2:00 PM PST
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California

Seminoles @ Ducks

Idk if anyone heard Cris Carter this morning on Mike & Mike, but he mentioned that Jameis Winston has a pretty bad ankle injury, and his game has fallen due to that fact. He all but guaranteed that he will come out on fire against Oregon because he will have the time to rest & heal up. 

He also mentioned he thinks Mariotta can be good, but he has to go to the right system, whereas Jameis can be a plug and play guy because he has all of the physical tools. 

He did touch on Cooper too, said that he will be in the category of Randy Moss, AJ Green, Julio. Says he worked with him over the summer & he has everything. Good head, hands, polished route runner, and although he's not the biggest guy, he is fast. I know a lot of peoples arguments against Cooper is that he is slow, but Carter is saying he'll run a 4.3 or 4.4 flat at the combine. 

Archived