Maxman

Introduce Yourself

Hey, all.  I'm also new here.  I've been going to most of the games since around 1995/96.  Got on the waiting list and started going to all of the games in 97/98.  Finally got tix in my own name the year before we got the new place, then made it to every single game in the new place including preseason up until this year.  This year, due to unavoidable work and family commitments, I've missed 4 games.  But hoping to make it on the 21st to see Rex's final act.

I am a long time internet junkie but for some reason only started posting on Jets forums when I was looking for tix in the new place.  Started on the gang green then quickly moved on to JI until they recently closed their doors.

This place seems awesome, and I'm psyched to be here.

Meanwhile, I can't believe the farking team.  This season has been so brutal.  I don't even care anymore.  Didn't rearrange my day to watch today's game, missed the first quarter, and then was paying bills while watching the second half.  I just knew they would blow it somehow, and of course they did.

I'm not one of those "lose for better draft pick" guys.  I think winning teams create winning cultures that eventually become self feeding.  And before today we still had 25% of the season left, so a whole lot of football to go.

That said, at this point, **** it.  At least this loss will get us closer to a better pick :)

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

Hey, all.  I'm also new here.  I've been going to most of the games since around 1995/96.  Got on the waiting list and started going to all of the games in 97/98.  Finally got tix in my own name the year before we got the new place, then made it to every single game in the new place including preseason up until this year.  This year, due to unavoidable work and family commitments, I've missed 4 games.  But hoping to make it on the 21st to see Rex's final act.

I am a long time internet junkie but for some reason only started posting on Jets forums when I was looking for tix in the new place.  Started on the gang green then quickly moved on to JI until they recently closed their doors.

This place seems awesome, and I'm psyched to be here.

Meanwhile, I can't believe the farking team.  This season has been so brutal.  I don't even care anymore.  Didn't rearrange my day to watch today's game, missed the first quarter, and then was paying bills while watching the second half.  I just knew they would blow it somehow, and of course they did.

I'm not one of those "lose for better draft pick" guys.  I think winning teams create winning cultures that eventually become self feeding.  And before today we still had 25% of the season left, so a whole lot of football to go.

That said, at this point, fuck it.  At least this loss will get us closer to a better pick :)

Welcome to the site. Glad you found us!

I pissed on and burned my Sanchez Jersey after the butt fumble. All my Jet memorabilia is packed away and won't come out again until we have a winning team.

Dude! Love it. Welcome aboard!

I'm another refugee from JI but I lurk more than I post. I'm originally from NYC but have been living in Fort Lauderdale for the last 14 years. The site looks great. I wish I found this place sooner.

Hey everyone, I'm new. I half-lurked at JI and decided to come over here following its switch to Scout. I started watching the Jets in 2005 (I'm only 20 so I don't go nearly as far back as some/most of you guys do). I try to look at the team from a neutral point of view. I'm not too optimistic about things and I'm not too pessimistic either. I have to say this board seems really nice, I'm glad I decided to come over here.

Dave, old as sh*t, Boston born, New England raised and molded by the Army.

PFSIKH stands for Pat's Fan Stuck in Kansas Hell!!   The Sikh part became a tad awkward after 9/11.

One of the original trolls that pre-dates carbon dating.  Was a member of Jet Hater's Board which was born from the Jets' signing Par$ells with Bob the Jets Fan, Garb and Gainzo (I believe).  Sooth became a member and shortly afterwards invited everyone to his new site, JI.

A few incarnations of JI later, Maximus created JN and followed his invite over here as JI became played out.

So...17 years later I have probably 40K posts on Jets' boards and under 1K on Patriots' boards.

This thread is awesome. I'm learning so many new things about my fellow posters, both enlightening and disturbing.

For those who don't know me, I'm usually hanging around the Lounge posting boobs and cats in the 100k thread (1.3 million views and counting; probably not because of the cats), which is a nice diversion for seasons when my beloved Jets suck. Needless to say, I've been posting through a lot of suck over the past few years.

I'm from Illinois, and became a Jets fan when I was a kid. I started liking New York teams (Jets/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees) because I didn't want to be like every other douchebag around this area who likes the Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/etc. and thought I'd be cool by being different. The result since then has been years of futility and a lot of aggravation on game days. That's what I get for being a contrarian, I guess.

I think I've met maybe one or two other Jets fans from around here in my entire life, so JN is my outlet for socializing with people of common sports team interests and at this point I don't know where I'd go without it.

It's good to see all the new members as well. Drop on by and say hello or just kill some time looking at pictures.

This thread is awesome. I'm learning so many new things about my fellow posters, both enlightening and disturbing.

For those who don't know me, I'm usually hanging around the Lounge posting boobs and cats in the 100k thread (1.3 million views and counting; probably not because of the cats), which is a nice diversion for seasons when my beloved Jets suck. Needless to say, I've been posting through a lot of suck over the past few years.

I'm from Illinois, and became a Jets fan when I was a kid. I started liking New York teams (Jets/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees) because I didn't want to be like every other douchebag around this area who likes the Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/etc. and thought I'd be cool by being different. The result since then has been years of futility and a lot of aggravation on game days. That's what I get for being a contrarian, I guess.

I think I've met maybe one or two other Jets fans from around here in my entire life, so JN is my outlet for socializing with people of common sports team interests and at this point I don't know where I'd go without it.

It's good to see all the new members as well. Drop on by and say hello or just kill some time looking at pictures.

Dude - We've had this discussion before - but you could have achieved consummate, off the charts, futility and simply been a Jets/Cubs fan.

There is no higher degree of masochism. 

There are a few of us here ... VanDoug, Gato, The Troll, and myself. 

I'm John - and like Bomb I'm in Illinois but in the Chicago burbs.

Been a Jets fan ever since Joe's prediction and SB lll but transferred out east for some years in the late 70's early 80's to set the hook.

Was on JI after I found out about team message boards as it too is my only link to other fans -  but came here with the first wave of immigrants. 

Have met a lot great people at different games around the states from here and the "old country" and welcome everyone to the best Jets site on the web.

I am the Troll. I used to post here quite frequently in the early days of JN, but now I pop in about once a year to insult black quarterbacks.

I became a Jets fan when I was 14 years old because I realized I was no longer a Lions fan and turned the tv on at the wrong time. This is also similar to how I became a Cubs fan.

I'm very good at fantasy football. In recent years, the pain of losing in fantasy has overtaken the pain I used to feel when the Jets lost. I miss caring and wish this turd of a franchise could make me give a sh*t again before I die.

Dude - We've had this discussion before - but you could have achieved consummate, off the charts, futility and simply been a Jets/Cubs fan.

There is no higher degree of masochism. 

There are a few of us here ... VanDoug, Gato, The Troll, and myself. 

I'm John - and like Bomb I'm in Illinois but in the Chicago burbs.

Been a Jets fan ever since Joe's prediction and SB lll but transferred out east for some years in the late 70's early 80's to set the hook.

Was on JI after I found out about team message boards as it too is my only link to other fans -  but came here with the first wave of immigrants. 

Have met a lot great people at different games around the states from here and the "old country" and welcome everyone to the best Jets site on the web.

Gato's a Cub fan? Didn't know that. I'm learning all sorts of new and interesting trivia in this thread.

I grew up in a Cardinals house--my dad is a HUGE St. Louis fan--and he would disown me if I rooted for Chicago. He takes it really seriously too--I remember growing up he would make our friends turn their shirts inside out before they could come in the house if they were wearing Cubs gear.

These days, baseball is probably my least favorite sport of the major four. I'm just not as into it as I was when I was little. Of course, that only makes my other three teams' futility all that much more painful.

I am the Troll. I used to post here quite frequently in the early days of JN, but now I pop in about once a year to insult black quarterbacks.

That was great. Thanks. LOLZ.

SAR I

There's a lot I could say about myself but right now the only thing that I can think of to say about me is that I'm a grandfather 10 times over. We didn't even know she was pregnant this time...one daughter now has 7, 4 boys and 3 girls and the older daughter has 2 boys and 1 girl. Finn was born on my father's birthday December 7th....how could she have NOT told us, how could we NOT have known? We were over there the other day. Oh well God's in charge, the new little boy is named Finn...I had to tell somebody.

Congratulations, Jimmy

Hey guys, member of JI since 09, Jets fan since I was a kid (almost 32 years old now).  Born and raised in MA but my father is a Bronx native and he brought me up a Jets fan.  Hopefully we can get a top QB in the upcoming draft and go from there.  Thanks for having me.

JI refugee, overseas fan now living in the UK. Watching, suffering and dreaming since the days of my namesake O'Brien. It is the hope that kills you. Thanks for having me. 

Where in the UK?

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo f&#cker and banned me.

JN is a great place to post. We poke fun at each other but nothing is personal.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep f&#cker. I'm cool with that.

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo fcker and banned me.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep fcker. I'm cool with that.

No prob

ALL Pats fans are Sheep Fv*kers

Hey everyone, I'm new. I half-lurked at JI and decided to come over here following its switch to Scout. I started watching the Jets in 2005 (I'm only 20 so I don't go nearly as far back as some/most of you guys do). I try to look at the team from a neutral point of view. I'm not too optimistic about things and I'm not too pessimistic either. I have to say this board seems really nice, I'm glad I decided to come over here.

Are you calling us old?  :)

Dave, old as shit, Boston born, New England raised and molded by the Army.

PFSIKH stands for Pat's Fan Stuck in Kansas Hell!!   The Sikh part became a tad awkward after 9/11.

One of the original trolls that pre-dates carbon dating.  Was a member of Jet Hater's Board which was born from the Jets' signing Par$ells with Bob the Jets Fan, Garb and Gainzo (I believe).  Sooth became a member and shortly afterwards invited everyone to his new site, JI.

A few incarnations of JI later, Maximus created JN and followed his invite over here as JI became played out.

So...17 years later I have probably 40K posts on Jets' boards and under 1K on Patriots' boards.

You left out the part about serving this country. Any Pats fan that does that is alright!  :)

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo f&#cker and banned me.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep f&#cker. I'm cool with that.

When of my early memories of JetNation was Gainzo walking up to me and my then young son at a tailgate. He says to my son, "Your Dad banned me". I think to myself oh crap this should be interesting. Then Gainzo tells my son, "Your Dad was right though".

One of my favorite Patriots fans right here!

You are doing incredible work in there. I stopped by earlier this week and wow. Just wow, lol.  Thanks.

Hey guys, member of JI since 09, Jets fan since I was a kid (almost 32 years old now).  Born and raised in MA but my father is a Bronx native and he brought me up a Jets fan.  Hopefully we can get a top QB in the upcoming draft and go from there.  Thanks for having me.

JI refugee, overseas fan now living in the UK. Watching, suffering and dreaming since the days of my namesake O'Brien. It is the hope that kills you. Thanks for having me. 

Thanks to all the JI Refugees that have come over. Hopefully the water wasn't too cold. But welcome to the site!

Thanks to all the JI Refugees that have come over. Hopefully the water wasn't too cold. But welcome to the site!

Wait, the owner of the site actually posts on the board?