Introduce Yourself

Maxman

I am the Troll. I used to post here quite frequently in the early days of JN, but now I pop in about once a year to insult black quarterbacks.

I became a Jets fan when I was 14 years old because I realized I was no longer a Lions fan and turned the tv on at the wrong time. This is also similar to how I became a Cubs fan.

I'm very good at fantasy football. In recent years, the pain of losing in fantasy has overtaken the pain I used to feel when the Jets lost. I miss caring and wish this turd of a franchise could make me give a sh*t again before I die.

• Upvote 1

Dude - We've had this discussion before - but you could have achieved consummate, off the charts, futility and simply been a Jets/Cubs fan.

There is no higher degree of masochism. 

There are a few of us here ... VanDoug, Gato, The Troll, and myself. 

I'm John - and like Bomb I'm in Illinois but in the Chicago burbs.

Been a Jets fan ever since Joe's prediction and SB lll but transferred out east for some years in the late 70's early 80's to set the hook.

Was on JI after I found out about team message boards as it too is my only link to other fans -  but came here with the first wave of immigrants. 

Have met a lot great people at different games around the states from here and the "old country" and welcome everyone to the best Jets site on the web.

Gato's a Cub fan? Didn't know that. I'm learning all sorts of new and interesting trivia in this thread.

I grew up in a Cardinals house--my dad is a HUGE St. Louis fan--and he would disown me if I rooted for Chicago. He takes it really seriously too--I remember growing up he would make our friends turn their shirts inside out before they could come in the house if they were wearing Cubs gear.

These days, baseball is probably my least favorite sport of the major four. I'm just not as into it as I was when I was little. Of course, that only makes my other three teams' futility all that much more painful.

There's a lot I could say about myself but right now the only thing that I can think of to say about me is that I'm a grandfather 10 times over. We didn't even know she was pregnant this time...one daughter now has 7, 4 boys and 3 girls and the older daughter has 2 boys and 1 girl. Finn was born on my father's birthday December 7th....how could she have NOT told us, how could we NOT have known? We were over there the other day. Oh well God's in charge, the new little boy is named Finn...I had to tell somebody.

Congratulations, Jimmy

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, member of JI since 09, Jets fan since I was a kid (almost 32 years old now).  Born and raised in MA but my father is a Bronx native and he brought me up a Jets fan.  Hopefully we can get a top QB in the upcoming draft and go from there.  Thanks for having me.

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo f&#cker and banned me.

JN is a great place to post. We poke fun at each other but nothing is personal.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep f&#cker. I'm cool with that.

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo fcker and banned me.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep fcker. I'm cool with that.

No prob

ALL Pats fans are Sheep Fv*kers

Hey everyone, I'm new. I half-lurked at JI and decided to come over here following its switch to Scout. I started watching the Jets in 2005 (I'm only 20 so I don't go nearly as far back as some/most of you guys do). I try to look at the team from a neutral point of view. I'm not too optimistic about things and I'm not too pessimistic either. I have to say this board seems really nice, I'm glad I decided to come over here.

Are you calling us old?  :)

Dave, old as shit, Boston born, New England raised and molded by the Army.

PFSIKH stands for Pat's Fan Stuck in Kansas Hell!!   The Sikh part became a tad awkward after 9/11.

One of the original trolls that pre-dates carbon dating.  Was a member of Jet Hater's Board which was born from the Jets' signing Par$ells with Bob the Jets Fan, Garb and Gainzo (I believe).  Sooth became a member and shortly afterwards invited everyone to his new site, JI.

A few incarnations of JI later, Maximus created JN and followed his invite over here as JI became played out.

So...17 years later I have probably 40K posts on Jets' boards and under 1K on Patriots' boards.

You left out the part about serving this country. Any Pats fan that does that is alright!  :)

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

I've been a registered JN user since 2005. I was a registered on JI user until some some bloke named SOOTH called me a Kangaroo f&#cker and banned me.

BTW: I'm a Pats fan and some posters call me a sheep f&#cker. I'm cool with that.

When of my early memories of JetNation was Gainzo walking up to me and my then young son at a tailgate. He says to my son, "Your Dad banned me". I think to myself oh crap this should be interesting. Then Gainzo tells my son, "Your Dad was right though".

One of my favorite Patriots fans right here!

This thread is awesome. I'm learning so many new things about my fellow posters, both enlightening and disturbing.

For those who don't know me, I'm usually hanging around the Lounge posting boobs and cats in the 100k thread (1.3 million views and counting; probably not because of the cats), which is a nice diversion for seasons when my beloved Jets suck. Needless to say, I've been posting through a lot of suck over the past few years.

I'm from Illinois, and became a Jets fan when I was a kid. I started liking New York teams (Jets/Knicks/Rangers/Yankees) because I didn't want to be like every other douchebag around this area who likes the Bulls/Bears/Blackhawks/Cubs/etc. and thought I'd be cool by being different. The result since then has been years of futility and a lot of aggravation on game days. That's what I get for being a contrarian, I guess.

I think I've met maybe one or two other Jets fans from around here in my entire life, so JN is my outlet for socializing with people of common sports team interests and at this point I don't know where I'd go without it.

It's good to see all the new members as well. Drop on by and say hello or just kill some time looking at pictures.

You are doing incredible work in there. I stopped by earlier this week and wow. Just wow, lol.  Thanks.

Hey guys, member of JI since 09, Jets fan since I was a kid (almost 32 years old now).  Born and raised in MA but my father is a Bronx native and he brought me up a Jets fan.  Hopefully we can get a top QB in the upcoming draft and go from there.  Thanks for having me.

JI refugee, overseas fan now living in the UK. Watching, suffering and dreaming since the days of my namesake O'Brien. It is the hope that kills you. Thanks for having me. 

Thanks to all the JI Refugees that have come over. Hopefully the water wasn't too cold. But welcome to the site!

My name is SAR I.

I have been posting online in discussion forums since 1994 back in the Usenet days in alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets for those that go back that far. When that went dead I found Jets Insider, a now defunct online forum that was great from 2004-2011 but went downhill very fast. I am a very popular poster. I do not ask for this popularity. I do not need this popularity. It just happens.

Unlike many other posters, I have a point of view and I express it. Others don't want to put their necks out that far. Others like to straddle the fence. Many other posters like to critique other posters. I dislike those types. I believe that a discussion forum is at its best when there is spirited debate that doesn't break down into personal attacks and character assasinations.

I have been a Jets fan since 1978. My first Jets game, wasn't a fan of the sport, was in the late 70's, saw Pat Leahy miss 5 field goals in the rain against the Bills at Shea and the Jets lost. My next Jets game I saw Richard Todd set the NFL record for passing completions in a game at Shea and the Jets lost. The first Jets game I saw when I was about to become a big fan was in 1981 when the Jets opened the season 0-3 and turned it around against the Oilers at Shea and the Jets won. From there, I haven't missed a Jets game live or in person, a streak of 33 years. Cut two honeymoon's short to see games, figured out how to stream games to China when I travel. I have an extensive collection of original Jets broadcasts that I recorded myself going back to the 80's on VHS and burned DVD's.

Grew up on Long Island, was on the season ticket holder wait list from 1988 to 2002 and my reward from the Jets for all that waiting was crap seats in the upper deck end zones. In the mid-90's I relocated from Manhatan to New Hampshire where I discovered eBay and paid $10,000 to a retired postal worker for his postcard transfering the rights to his Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in Giants Stadium over to me. Finally, after 13 years of waiting, I was a season ticket holder. From 2001 to 2010 I drove 10 hours round trip from NH to NJ to attend 5+ games a year, most of them painful losses, a few of them terrific wins. Also in that span I saw all 11 Jets Patriots games at Foxboro in full Jets gear. Proudly, I raised all of my kids born in New England at the apex of the Tom Brady dynasty as Jets fans.

In 2010 I moved back to the New York area, in Bergen County New Jersey this time, and paid an old-timer with Day 1 seniority $4,000 for him to get me Row 1 Mezzanine Seats in MetLife Stadium when the PSL's went on sale, finally had seats in my name without any worry. My kids and I attend regularly except when the team quits on Rex Ryan and we sell the tickets on Stubhub and stay home.

Discussion forums are a dying form of social media, what used to be the main reason to flock to them was to get the narrative of what the typical Jets fan thought after a game or even set the narrative yourself and now the likes of Twitter and Facebook give that to us often before the game is even over. What forums are now is a place to hang with cool Jets fans and I like the vibe of Jet Nation. God willing it will never turn into the mean-spirited personal-attack-fest that Jets Insider once was.

Lastly, rich people have feelings too.

SAR I

Any chance you can post the 51-45 dolphin game?

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined.

have had season seats since 1982

with the terrible teams I was always given free tickets so that gave me the chance to take my 3 kids to plenty of games

so now they are suffering along with me

they have a better shot of eventually seeing a winner given their age!

best part of games for many years has been the tailgating

even though I moved to Sarasota I foolishy kept me season tickets and purchased the psl's thinking after all these years and getting a new stadium, I didn't want to be left standing on the dock when they finally make it.(what a mis calculation)

highlights

colts playoff game (never sent playoff money in like most others) wound up getting 8 on the rail in mezzanine!

jax playoff

going to Denver game 1998

a few special victories over the years

Monday night miracle (one of the few who stayed)

51-45 Miami

game after 9-11 (member of fire dept)

not a great resume!

love the sight

Thanks Phil!

Merry Christmas !!

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined.

have had season seats since 1982

with the terrible teams I was always given free tickets so that gave me the chance to take my 3 kids to plenty of games

so now they are suffering along with me

they have a better shot of eventually seeing a winner given their age!

best part of games for many years has been the tailgating

even though I moved to Sarasota I foolishy kept me season tickets and purchased the psl's thinking after all these years and getting a new stadium, I didn't want to be left standing on the dock when they finally make it.(what a mis calculation)

highlights

colts playoff game (never sent playoff money in like most others) wound up getting 8 on the rail in mezzanine!

jax playoff

going to Denver game 1998

a few special victories over the years

Monday night miracle (one of the few who stayed)

51-45 Miami

game after 9-11 (member of fire dept)

not a great resume!

love the sight

Thanks Phil!

Merry Christmas !!

Jim! I remember that. Brenda was the best recruiter for the site. So funny!

was at a bar in Nj saw this blonde girl wearing a jets jersey! kevins biggest fan! she asks me if im a Jets fan I say yes. She says

"DO YOU POST?" I didn't know what she meant. seems BrenJetsfan was the main recruiter back in the day. She asked me what I did and my name and said ok your now JIMFIRE on board. next day I joined !!

Did you hit it?

Hey.  Christian here.  My dad became a Jets fan when he moved to NY in the early 80's with the sack exchange.  One of my earliest memories is "the spike".  Why did I stay a fan? 

I've been at JI since 2005 but now I need a new place to go.  I don't post much, but enjoy reading others opinions.

I'm Jerry.   My hobbies are varied.  For the last year I've been resurrecting a scanning electron microscope I found at the university (MSU) surplus sale.  I finally have software, thanks to some generous people in europe.  I've tested all systems except vacuum and xray.   My roughing pump (Edwards e2m1) is getting ordered Jan1, and should pull the 10E-3 Torr required by my turbomolecular pump -- which will take it down to 10E-5. Fwiw, the vacuum of space is 10E-6 and lower, depending on where you are.  I'm still trying to come up with a 'remote' plan to test the xray system, since it runs about 20,000volts.  The tank on the top right is the Liquid Nitrogen (ln2) tank for the optional spectroscopy module.  If it works, it will tell me the top 5 or so elements withn the sample.  Not sure if it will detect isotopes (carbon 12 v carbon 14 for example).

PA080726_zpsffa0836e.jpg

Name is Lenny.  I'm 34 years old and had Jets season tickets since 1991 when I was 11 years old.  My father put me on the waiting list when I was 8 years old in 1988 and three years later I got pulled.  I have always tailgated in lot K and have season tickets in section 347. 

Before I had a very serious leg injury a couple years ago I had been to 105 straight home games.  I still attend every home game and even tailgated and went to the first half of the home opener despite the fact that my cousin had a wedding starting at 3 pm.  (Who has a wedding on a Sunday during football season?  It's just not right).

I've sat thru some great Jets games and some awful ones.  I stayed until the end of the Miracle of the Meadowlands game and were there for our only two playoff games during my time as a season ticket holder in 1998 and 2001.  I also sat thru the game against the Oilers in 1996 during the Rich Kotite era where we broke the NFL record for most no-shows when they kept track of that.

I've posted on a couple boards but my job doesn't allow me to log on all day long so at times I cannot keep up with all the conversation.  This place looks a lot better than the others so far.

• Upvote 1

I'm Jerry. My hobbies are varied. For the last year I've been resurrecting a scanning electron microscope I found at the university (MSU) surplus sale. I finally have software, thanks to some generous people in europe. I've tested all systems except vacuum and xray. My roughing pump (Edwards e2m1) is getting ordered Jan1, and should pull the 10E-3 Torr required by my turbomolecular pump -- which will take it down to 10E-5. Fwiw, the vacuum of space is 10E-6 and lower, depending on where you are. I'm still trying to come up with a 'remote' plan to test the xray system, since it runs about 20,000volts. The tank on the top right is the Liquid Nitrogen (ln2) tank for the optional spectroscopy module. If it works, it will tell me the top 5 or so elements withn the sample. Not sure if it will detect isotopes (carbon 12 v carbon 14 for example).

PA080726_zpsffa0836e.jpg

You're way too smart to be posting here.