Introduce Yourself

Maxman

On 8/30/2016 at 4:53 PM, Cornbx said:

What's up everyone? I'm Tom originally from The Bronx, now in FL, been a Jets fan ever since my Dad took me to a game at Shea. 

Yeah , shea stadium , a real stadium ; it was a dump , but IT WAS OUR DUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/5/2016 at 3:54 PM, no psls said:

Yeah , shea stadium , a real stadium ; it was a dump , but IT WAS OUR DUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no, it wasn't.  I remember seasons where the NY Mets would not allow the Jets to start home games until October and the Jets started the season with 4 consecutive games on the road.  I attended so many games at Shea and there is not much I forget.  The Mets treated the Jets like absolute dogsh!t.  Best thing the Jets ever did is escape that hell.  Shea was never "our" dump, never "our" stadium and never "our" anything.  Both the team and the fans were treated as second class citizens. 

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

no, it wasn't.  I remember seasons where the NY Mets would not allow the Jets to start home games until October and the Jets started the season with 4 consecutive games on the road.  I attended so many games at Shea and there is not much I forget.  The Mets treated the Jets like absolute dogsh!t.  Best thing the Jets ever did is escape that hell.  Shea was never "our" dump, never "our" stadium and never "our" anything.  Both the team and the fans were treated as second class citizens. 

Grow a pair !!!!!!!!!!!!!

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

Or should I say , " I humbly disagree so I don't get suspended again !!! "

On September 12, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Dcat said:

It was a dump, but it was definitely the mets dump. You're right about the mets treating the Jets like sh*t. I remember freezing my ass off in that sh*thole. It wasn't enclosed around the perimeter just multi colored corrugated pieces of metal that the wind would accelerate through. One heater way up in the corner of the ceiling in the men's bathroom. Best thing Hess ever did was move the Jets out of that sh*thole.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

It was a dump, but it was definitely the mets dump. You're right about the mets treating the Jets like sh*t. I remember freezing my ass off in that sh*thole. It wasn't enclosed around the perimeter just multi colored corrugated pieces of metal that the wind would accelerate through. One heater way up in the corner of the ceiling in the men's bathroom. Best thing Hess ever did was move the Jets out of that sh*thole.

I went to so many games there since the mid 60's until that final Shea game losing to Pittsburgh when Bradshaw threw 4 TDs in the cold rain.  THe place was an absolute sh*thole, but the atmosphere was electric.  The facility is way better now, but sometimes the atmosphere isn't so electric.  But this past Sunday it sure was.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

I went to so many games there since the mid 60's until that final Shea game losing to Pittsburgh when Bradshaw threw 4 TDs in the cold rain.  THe place was an absolute sh*thole, but the atmosphere was electric.  The facility is way better now, but sometimes the atmosphere isn't so electric.  But this past Sunday it sure was.

I was at Shea opening day 1978 when garo yapremian was kicking for the Dolphins and Wesley walker caught 3tds. And the buffalo playoff game where the jets fumbled the opening kickoff and the bills ran it in for a touchdown. My seats there were mezzanine behind home plate. Right above where the players would be introduced. The garbage tornadoes were embarrassing lol and I was also there when a patriots fan got killed by a toy airplane that crashed into the stands during a halftime show. I remember seeing a guy throw a frisbee to his dog on the field as a Jets halftime show hahahaha oh the memories of that sh*thole

8 hours ago, BP said:

I was at Shea opening day 1978 when garo yapremian was kicking for the Dolphins and Wesley walker caught 3tds. And the buffalo playoff game where the jets fumbled the opening kickoff and the bills ran it in for a touchdown. My seats there were mezzanine behind home plate. Right above where the players would be introduced. The garbage tornadoes were embarrassing lol and I was also there when a patriots fan got killed by a toy airplane that crashed into the stands during a halftime show. I remember seeing a guy throw a frisbee to his dog on the field as a Jets halftime show hahahaha oh the memories of that sh*thole

It was a "flying lawnmower" that crashed into the stands and killed the spectator.  Had no idea it was a Pats fan.  Nobody deserves to be taken out like that.  Not even a Pats fan. The Buffalo game you speak of was the wildcard playoff game in 1981.  Jets nearly came all the way back from a 24-0 deficit.  Alas... a Todd interception in/near the endzone on the final drive.   I was there.  Sat in the Loge behind where the right field foul pole would be in baseball season.  The loge/mezz and uppers were actually shaking from the noise and feet stomping.  Thought it was going to collapse.

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2016 at 4:40 AM, BP said:

I remember seeing a guy throw a frisbee to his dog on the field as a Jets halftime show hahahaha oh the memories of that sh*thole

This is the BEST halftime show - WE WANT THE DOG AND FRISBEE THIS YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Burnt Clutch said:

Hello everyone.  Short-time lurker, but this is my first year as a STH (Section 133).  I'm a typical millennial attorney from Long Island pissing his money away on luxuries while complaining about student loan debt.  My first Jets game, the Monday Night Miracle, just happened to be one of the most memorable ones (for my generation at least).  Was a fan before that, but that experience just further solidified my love for the Jets and made it a goal of mine to be a STH one day.  My second-ever date with my now-wife was Jets vs. Chiefs on December 11, 2011.  I wooed her with my romantic moves like stumbling into a child in a drunken stupor having hot soup for her at our tailgate.  When she didn't leave me after that, I knew she was the one.  So yeah, I'm excited for this season and finally experiencing going to ALL games, and I hope to be an active participant in the forums, and maybe run into a few of the regulars here at a game.  

Congrats on the season tix...plenty of JN member tailgating throughout the MetLife parking lots....now get to posting:thumbup:

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

Joined here a week ago.  Never was a member of a forum before.  Was so excited to start participating, I failed to look around the site and see this section.  I apologize for not introducing myself sooner.

Born the same year as the Titans/Jets franchise. 1960.  Guess the stars were all in alignment.

Spent the first 29 years of my life living in Queens. Attended some Jets games at Shea, and was a former NY Rangers season ticket holder.

Got married, moved upstate, had 2 kids, (both recent college grads). Currently living in Queensbury, about a half hour north of Saratoga.

Chose Happy Clouds because of the painter Bob Ross ( I know, dated reference).  He had a painting program years ago on PBS.  I have zero artistic ability, and I was always was amazed how, in a half hour, he could take a blank canvas, and turn it into this gorgeous nature scene.  All the while, describing it with the most soothing, mellow voice.  It's that voice that helps me get through the pain of watching the Jets year after year. When things go bad, and they usually do, I try to channel my inner Bob Ross.  Calms me right down.

I can see that this site is filled with a group of passionate and loyal fans.  Everyone with an opinion.  Everyone with a different way to express it.  Can't be easy for you to maintain order.  But, in the short time I've been here, you seem to do a great job.

Look forward to contributing.

Welcome to the site!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

G'day all,

I've been a free agent fan for a few years now, constantly searching for a team to call my own but I've been unsuccessful so far. I was a Cheatriots for 20+ years, right up until the Belichick/Cheating era began. Once all the shenanigans started, I couldn't take it anymore and pulled anchor and have been adrift ever since. I've tried being a Lions fan, a Texans fan, and most recently, a Browns fan, but nothing gets my energy up and makes me love football again.

I was always a Parcells fan, and Ronnie Lott is one of my all time favourite players, so their presence in NY should have been a clue I guess.

I've come to the conclusion that my hatred for the Cheaters is stronger than my love for the game and I should probably pick a team with a fan base that hates them as much as I do. I was considering the Bills, since they are the closest team to Toronto, but their natural rivals seem to be the Dolphins. 

So, here I am, jumping on the Jets bandwagon. I hope you'll have me, and I promise to be loyal and passionate, not just against the cheaters, but in everything to do with the Jets. 

Thanks,

Paul

• 4 months later...
On 11/30/2014 at 10:36 AM, dbatesman said:

Good evening. My name is Steve. I come from a rough area. I used to be addicted to crack but now I am off it and trying to stay clean. That is why I am selling magazine subscriptions.

Crack pipe magazine. You must be rich.

• 2 months later...

Hey all. Happy to be welcomed aboard. I hope I’m not considered a trader ha. Former jetsinsider Who tried ganggreen, but now heard this was best jet fan forum. ( sorry I am not tech Savy). This site seems to be lot like JI use to be. I am a history buff, my fav jet player was Curtis Martin( hence Roman reference and 28 ) ha.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Centurion28 said:

Hey all. Happy to be welcomed aboard. I hope I’m not considered a trader ha. Former jetsinsider Who tried ganggreen, but now heard this was best jet fan forum. ( sorry I am not tech Savy). This site seems to be lot like JI use to be. I am a history buff, my fav jet player was Curtis Martin( hence Roman reference and 28 ) ha.  

welcome. dont bend over to pick up the soap in here.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2018 at 6:12 AM, Centurion28 said:

Welcome ! You heard right, IMHO it IS the best Jet fan forum going.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I never did this. I just walked in and stated cussing my arse off.

51 y/o reclacitrant mf'er.

Carlos 

oh, it's Bukes b-day today..  except from quiet clean girls in gingham dresses

I need a good woman. I need a good woman 
more than I need this typewriter, more than
I need my automobile, more than I need 
Mozart; I need a good woman so badly that I 
can taste her in the air, I can feel her 
at my fingertips, I can see sidewalks built 
for her feet to walk upon, 
I can see pillows for her head,
I can feel my waiting laughter,
I can see her petting a cat,
I can see her sleeping,
I can see her slippers on the floor. 

I know that she exists
but where is she upon this earth
as the whores keep finding me?

…  charles bukowksi

• Haha 1

Hi, my name is Yaacov and I am new to the list. I live in Israel, about 20 minutes south of Jerusalem. I've been a Jets fan for about 40 years. The NFL is the the one US sport I still follow since I moved out of the NY area. 

I try to follow the Jets online when I can, though I would not call myself a fanatic. 

I probably will not be able to contribute much, but I am following the forum.   

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Coquito. I lapsed into a coma in 2012 and just came too a few weeks ago. I made a big mistake mixing oxycontin, Xanax and tequila. The first thing I did when I regained consciousness was check up on my NY Jets. 

The thing is, I didn't miss a thing! Anyway, I'm much better now. I only drink beer with my prescription meds!

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, LongDistanceJetsFan said:

Hi, my name is Yaacov and I am new to the list. I live in Israel, about 20 minutes south of Jerusalem. I've been a Jets fan for about 40 years. The NFL is the the one US sport I still follow since I moved out of the NY area. 

I try to follow the Jets online when I can, though I would not call myself a fanatic. 

I probably will not be able to contribute much, but I am following the forum.   

Thanks for signing up!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I just joined today. Thanks to my dad, I've been a fan of the Jets since the early 80's. I'm living up here in Syracuse, NY. I hope to be a quality contributor to JetNation. I'm really looking forward to the game this Sunday vs the Colts. Hope we can keep stacking the wins together. Go Jets!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

30 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Hi everyone. I just joined today. Thanks to my dad, I've been a fan of the Jets since the early 80's. I'm living up here in Syracuse, NY. I hope to be a quality contributor to JetNation. I'm really looking forward to the game this Sunday vs the Colts. Hope we can keep stacking the wins together. Go Jets!

I'm sure you despise your father as much as my son does me.  Why, God, did I buy him that Jets onesie and bib?  So many other teams.

Welcome to JN.  Have a blast posting.  Feel free to curse and post images of hot naked chicks.  The site founder/director loves that stuff.*

*J/K

• Upvote 1