Aaron Rodgers

BallinPB

Makes you think about whether you need to have a QB come in and start right away. Sat 3 years and started out a good QB right away when he got his shot.

Would you be willing to let a QB sit a couple years before he gets his shot or are we as a society now too impatient?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you think about whether you need to have a QB come in and start right away. Sat 3 years and started out a good QB right away when he got his shot.

Would you be willing to let a QB sit a couple years before he gets his shot or are we as a society now too impatient?

During the time that Rodgers rode the bench Green Bay had a HOF QB ahead of him. If we have a HOF QB ahead of our QB prospect, I'll be all for it.

During the time that Rodgers rode the bench Green Bay had a HOF QB ahead of him. If we have a HOF QB ahead of our QB prospect, I'll be all for it.

I agree but I think riding the bench for those years gave him the chance to get the X's and O's down to perfection so when he came in all he had to worry about was the execution.

My son said the same thing to me tonight.  Then he said, the Jets would have won like 4 Super Bowls with Rodgers. Couldn't argue with him too much, the two AFC Championship games (back to back) that would have ended differently.

All speculation, but what we know is the Jets need a QB. Preferably a good one. For a change.

Cousins sat and he's awful. Luck started from day 1 and he's good.

It's all about the QB, not whether he sits or plays.

Rodgers is simply that good. He benefited from sitting because McCarthy had to reinvent Rodgers throwing motion because he had a football - to - ear motion in college which wouldn't work in the pros.

Cousins sat and he's awful. Luck started from day 1 and he's good.

It's all about the QB, not whether he sits or plays.

Rodgers is simply that good. He benefited from sitting because McCarthy had to reinvent Rodgers throwing motion because he had a football - to - ear motion in college which wouldn't work in the pros.

Luck is also a once-in-a-generation type talent though imo.  Ideally, when in doubt, I would have the QB grab a clipboard and a spot on the bench for at least a year or two.  Of course, it does also help if you have an obstinate as **** legend to start ahead of him.

Sure if we had the luxury of a HOF QB playing out the last days of his career that would be great but we don't and have not had anyone remotely close to being a consistently good QB for about 45 years

My son said the same thing to me tonight.  Then he said, the Jets would have won like 4 Super Bowls with Rodgers. Couldn't argue with him too much, the two AFC Championship games (back to back) that would have ended differently.

All speculation, but what we know is the Jets need a QB. Preferably a good one. For a change.

My Dad and I had the same convesation.  I said the Jets would be a playoff team with Rodgers and they might actually do some damage.  My Dad said, "Yeah, but I think they'd still need a corner"

Hire competent GM

Hire innovative offensive HC

Hire best QB coach money can find

Draft Mariota

Sit him the first year

Suck again

Get another high draft pick and rebuild the OL into most dominant in football.

Prosper...in 2016, 2017

Win Super Bowl in 2018, 19, 20, 24, 26

It's so duh. Like totally duh.

Hard to argue that but Rodgers just is ridiculous. Athletic, cannon, surgical - he's my favorite QB to watch maybe ever. That ball looks perfect every time he throws, no matter the situation.

I think he threw one bad pass yesterday (into endzone and tipped 1st/2nd drive) and that was it.

The best the Patriots did was get finger tips on the ball to knockdown.

I don't know but I'm pretty sure he's the best I've ever seen.

He really plays an entirely different level.  He is as good as any pocket passer in the game and HE becomes better when he roles out and throws on the run.  I watched the entire game and it was astounding to watch Brady and him at the same time.  As good as Brady is he does not have the ability to make something out of nothing like Rodgers.  Brady is an amazing timing type passer.  Rodgers is simply amazing in every facet of the position.  Sorta like Peyton and Big Ben combined.

Watching Nelson toast Revis on a slant was an added bonus and made me happy to be alive.

He really plays an entirely different level. He is as good as any pocket passer in the game and HE becomes better when he roles out and throws on the run. I watched the entire game and it was astounding to watch Brady and him at the same time. As good as Brady is he does not have the ability to make something out of nothing like Rodgers. Brady is an amazing timing type passer. Rodgers is simply amazing in every facet of the position. Sorta like Peyton and Big Ben combined.

Watching Nelson toast Revis on a slant was an added bonus and made me happy to be alive.

Yeah that game was a treat. Brady throws such a nice ball. Half those timing routes, where the receiver turned and the ball was there, were perfect bread basket type accuracy. Amazing really but he's a statue.

Rodgers is as complete as I've ever seen.

Yeah that game was a treat. Brady throws such a nice ball. Half those timing routes, where the receiver turned and the ball was there, were perfect bread basket type accuracy. Amazing really but he's a statue.

Rodgers is as complete as I've ever seen.

Tammi also loves to play with and fondle balls

Belicheat paid him the ultimate compliment by choosing to go for it on 4th and 3. Reminded me of that time he did it against the colts (when peyton eventually won the game). He knew he couldn't stop a great QB, so he wanted to hold the ball for as long as he could.

AR is extremely accurate. A real all time great. No doubt. He is very intelligent and sees the whole field.

I still think that Unitas was the best QB I have ever seen though. In SB 3 when he came into the game, even as a kid I got the jitters lol.

AR reminds me of Roger Staubach. He can scramble to extend the plays and he can scramble for a first down or more. He does this while still looking down field for the pass. Russell Wilson has that capability also.

AR is extremely accurate. A real all time great. No doubt. He is very intelligent and sees the whole field.

I still think that Unitas was the best QB I have ever seen though. In SB 3 when he came into the game, even as a kid I got the jitters lol.

AR reminds me of Roger Staubach. He can scramble to extend the plays and he can scramble for a first down or more. He does this while still looking down field for the pass. Russell Wilson has that capability also.

"Rodger the Dodger"  Great comparison actually. 

No Peyton Manning?

When Peyton performs better in the playoffs he can be in the same class with those guys. Even then I don't think Peyton is as good as any of those 3 I mentioned.

On the opposite side of the spectrum you have Terry Bradshaw who was terrible during the regular season but may have been one of the most clutch playoff QB's ever, 

Its really tough to judge and compare all these guys but the way I see it if your solid in both regular season and playoffs you deserve to be at the top of this list. Another player I think is very underrated is Russell Wilson sure hes not in the type of offense that would put him in this elite category but I certainly think he's capable since he's proven he can play in shootouts, he's money in the playoffs and he never makes mistakes. 

Look at it this way if you were on a team that made the playoffs every year who would you want as your QB ? because that's what its really about when you talk about these all time greats

Archived