This has to be Rex's last game as the HC of the New York JETS.

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something weird about tonight's game that one would think has to result in a change.

First the decision to use Smith. Then the gameplan itself. One or both of these decisions was done for spite.

Ray Lewis on TV talking about it like this was a serious gameplan conjured up by the Jets.

Then again, if Ryan feels he's getting fired so he wants to stick it to Idzik by losing games, and hurting him indirectly, if Idzik is in fact on the hot seat, then let it go. The spat between these two will result in better picks.

Then call both of them in together and fire them both at the same time in front of each other. And record it and put the video up on YouTube.

There's something weird about tonight's game that one would think has to result in a change.

First the decision to use Smith. Then the gameplan itself. One or both of these decisions was done for spite.

Ray Lewis on TV talking about it like this was a serious gameplan conjured up by the Jets.

+1 on all this.

I understand where you are coming from. It would make sense to keep the losing team in place for a better draft position BUT in the world of ego's and appearances the powers that be cannot let things go on like this.

This gameplan makes no sense. It was a big FU to the powers that be and I don't think  anyone in the JETS FO/owenership would like to lose at all BUT to lose in this fashion is not going to go down easy.

Rex is ripe for a firing.

our head coach is purposely trying to lose games, as much as we as fans talk about draft position etc etc this can not stand as an organization, Woody johnson must put an end to this before we take the field Sunday

+1 on all this.

I understand where you are coming from. It would make sense to keep the losing team in place for a better draft position BUT in the world of ego's and appearances the powers that be cannot let things go on like this.

This gameplan makes no sense. It was a big FU to the powers that be and I don't think  anyone in the JETS FO/owenership would like to lose at all BUT to lose in this fashion is not going to go down easy.

The hilarious part of it is Ryan is giving them what they want (assuming Idzik is brought back, which I think is more likely than not):

1. Further justification for his dismissal

2. Better draft picks in 2015

Then again, if Ryan feels he's getting fired so he wants to stick it to Idzik by losing games, and hurting him indirectly, if Idzik is in fact on the hot seat, then let it go. The spat between these two will result in better picks.

Then call both of them in together and fire them both at the same time in front of each other. And record it and put the video up on YouTube.

yeah I started to smell a rat in the 3rd quarter, the obvious half time adjustment was play action passes on 1st down, football 101

Would have much preferred a lose by a 3 TD azzbeating - but if Spermy's theory has any legs -  let it continue to play out and get worse.

We need a whole bunch of people gone.  

I'm not even convinced it's true myself. But this was too weird to not allow that it's a serious possibility (if not a serious probability).

I'm not even convinced it's true myself. But this was too weird to not allow that it's a serious possibility (if not a serious probability).

agree, Rex started saying " this was a real gameplan" in the presser before anyone said it wasn't, very weird

I don't think Rex was "getting back at Idzik".  I think Rex doesn't have faith in Geno (rightfully so) and called an extremely conservative game plan.  I do get the feeling Idzik forced the switch but Rex was just trying to win the game.  Thankfully that didn't happen.

I don't think Rex was "getting back at Idzik".  I think Rex doesn't have faith in Geno (rightfully so) and called an extremely conservative game plan.  I do get the feeling Idzik forced the switch but Rex was just trying to win the game.  Thankfully that didn't happen.

they were running into 9 man fronts !!!!    9 !!!!!!!

It is baffling. Jobs are on line. Every loss also gets to his resume.

Watching Young, Lewis and Dilfer on the post game, they hinted at possibly having Rex up there once he is fired. I think that is a real possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex should have been fired after the Thanksgiving game. Then be should have been fired at the end of 2012. Then he should have been fired at the end of 2013. Then he should have been fired at about 5 other points in this season alone.

Welcome to Woody. Rex isn't going anywhere until the season's over. And even then, the yokels in charge are still going to debate about it. This is what happens when the kid with no friends gets seduced into feeling like one of the boys.

+1 on all this.

Hmmmm.....

Will Rex be getting what he is asking for soon? If you were commander of this ship, would you want to stay on till the bitter end?

Archived