Bye bye ji

Maxman

i got banned for going kamakazi after they banned my old man, who i believe was banned for a fight with LL

I really miss the old days when all the people from TGG would come over to the lounge and fight with you and your dad. that was when green machine used to post here

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP JI.

Scout, thus far, is pure, distilled, outdated, dogsh*t, and I'll be truly surprised to see it ever get any better under Scout control.

The "vision" Sean linked was some of the silliest corporate-speak bullsh*t I've read in a long time, typical big-money guy, full of talk, with a sh*tty sub-par product, but the $$ to buy out the little guys with the quality products, and the user (us) are the ones who lose out.

Good on Sean for getting some return on his investment, of course, can't fault that in any form. 

But the real JI everyone loved was always the users themselves, the community, the posters, not Sean (an infrequent, mostly off-topic, poster) or the front page "content".

All I can hope is that enough of the good guys come here, to add to the community already here.

/shrug, it died not with a bang, but with a whimper.

well said. Sean, although he created it, wasn't the draw for JI. It was us. Personally, I can't see how Sean envisioned this going, with all the problems with the scout platform.

well said. Sean, although he created it, wasn't the draw for JI. It was us. Personally, I can't see how Sean envisioned this going, with all the problems with the scout platform.

maybe he was tired and saw a way out. i hope he made a few bucks. sure i had my problems with JI but the guy put a lot of work in to create a place for jets fans to commiserate together. he just promoted the wrong mods is all

Everyone didn't love it.  Plenty of good, but too many douchebags.  JN has just the right amount of douchebags

This

There were some good people/posters there - but DQ (Douchebag Quotient) was off the charts.

MOST people with severe emotional issues get weeded out of here pretty quick by their own undoing.

That place was like a petri dish for schlongs - almost demanding homerism and empowering the disturbed. 

maybe he was tired and saw a way out. i hope he made a few bucks. sure i had my problems with JI but the guy put a lot of work in to create a place for jets fans to commiserate together. he just promoted the wrong mods is all

So you're saying he's the John Idzik of jets messageboards?

This

There were some good people/posters there - but DQ (Douchebag Quotient) was off the charts.

MOST people with severe emotional issues get weeded out of here pretty quick by their own undoing.

That place was like a petri dish for schlongs - almost demanding homerism and empowering the disturbed. 

This place has it's own orthodoxy with the "don't just fire Rex, kill him and his whole family" crowd. As besieged as a "realistic fan" feels over there, a positive, optimistic fan feels here, TBH.

This

Isn't that what free speech and the ignore button is for?   just sayin everyone is not going to be the same. Some people have bad/good days you deal with it and move on. Crying over it never helps anyone just ignore it.

This place has it's own orthodoxy with the "don't just fire Rex, kill him and his whole family" crowd. As besieged as a "realistic fan" feels over there, a positive, optimistic fan feels here, TBH.

this place is homer city, but even they realize the prospects are dismal right now. at the first ray of hope, the homers will be rejuvenated and the darksiders will be mocked and derided once again. and that's the natural order of things.

Isn't that what free speech and the ignore button is for?   just sayin everyone is not going to be the same. Some people have bad/good days you deal with it and move on. Crying over it never helps anyone just ignore it.

free speech lol

private board, no right to nuthin

Just registered here, seems like the best option.  Scout is horrible.  Been a Jets fan as long as I can remember, season tickets in the family since 1991.  Originally from NJ, little under a decade in NYC, now a LIer.  Same opinion as most on the team.  Rex needs to go, but don't trust Idzik picking a HC or handling another draft/FA period, wish Woody would just sell the team, etc.  

this place is homer city, but even they realize the prospects are dismal right now. at the first ray of hope, the homers will be rejuvenated and the darksiders will be mocked and derided once again. and that's the natural order of things.

That's not how it comes across with fresh eyes. I'm sure Pac would have a different answer. I like it here, it seems like a decent community of goofballs, but God forbid if you're to say anything positive about Rex or most players. The pile-on starts almost immediatly.

That's not how it comes across with fresh eyes. I'm sure Pac would have a different answer. I like it here, it seems like a decent community of goofballs, but God forbid if you're to say anything positive about Rex or most players. The pile-on starts almost immediatly.

Nice to see you freestater. Hope you are here for good. 

That goes both ways. even going back to 2011 to now if you said something negative about Rex it was like you were bad mouthing somebody's mother and the pile on would ensue. mostly two posters though :)

you're new and joined at a weird time. negative views of rex were slammed in the off season and beginning of the season

It's not homer city.  It's just that T0m is the vanguard of hating the team and everything related and we all hate him!

<EDIT: That is a joke.  I don't hate T0m at all.  I am just never comfortable when I agree with him.>

T0m likes idzik

That goes both ways. even going back to 2011 to now if you said something negative about Rex it was like you were bad mouthing somebody's mother and the pile on would ensue. mostly two posters though :)

Tough to bad-mouth Rex going into '11. I still say I'd like to see what he could do if he didn't have positively the worst QB play in the league every single year. ****, I'd loved to have seen a Rex led team with Chad Pennington at QB.

I always thought well of SOOTH and tried to give Scout a chance early after the announcement. But HYATT and Jet Repulsive made that place a no go. I would have probably given it another try until one JI mod a hole banned me last week for being unkind to hideous Pats troll Fat Fruit 2.

There was one other alternative besides JF and this great site, but the hampur retards that started and run that garbage dump apparently ban people who signed up but don't even post there.

Anyhow, no spilt milk for me. Thanks Max for the Nation

Lolz. You spent the last month jerking off Sooth on the JI board before they banned you. Nice try.

Tough to bad-mouth Rex going into '11. I still say I'd like to see what he could do if he didn't have positively the worst QB play in the league every single year. ****, I'd loved to have seen a Rex led team with Chad Pennington at QB.

Nah I bad mouthed him after the team quit against the Giants and collapsed late in 2011 and it was an avalanche of sh*t that supposedly wasn't his fault. some Jets fans were in denial just like Rex was before monday nights game, where he said ''we're not as bad as our record''

Archived