Ngata suspended 4 games

Sperm Edwards

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11977442/baltimore-ravens-haloti-ngata-suspended-4-games-peds

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Haloti Ngata suspended 4 games

By Jamison Hensley

ESPN.com

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata has been suspended for the rest of the regular season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the team announced Thursday.

Haloti Ngata

Haloti Ngata has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season.

Ngata, a five-time Pro Bowl defender, received a four-game suspension from the NFL, and he's eligible to return for the playoffs if the Ravens make the postseason.

"I made a mistake, and I own this," Ngata said in a statement. "I took Adderall and take full responsibility for doing this. I am deeply sorry and broken up over this. I let down my family, my teammates, Ravens fans and myself. My hope is that the Ravens make the playoffs, and I believe they can do this. And, then I can come back and help us win."

The Ravens will likely turn to rookie second-round pick Timmy Jernigan to replace Ngata.

In his ninth season, Ngata was having one of his better years in recent memory. He had two sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and seven batted passes.

With Ngata in the middle of the defense, the Ravens ranked No. 5 against the run this season. He is signed through the 2015 season.

"This is disappointing news for the Ravens," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "We are disappointed with Haloti, but no more than he is with himself."

Ngata is eligible to return on Monday, Dec. 29.

I don't know how these guys get caught with Adderall, sh*t is out of your system in less than 24 hours, and should not be taken before doing anything that will get your heart pumping, should only be useful to get focused for meetings, and reviewing film, game plans ect.

Adderall is not juice, but it is what players commonly claim when they fail a test.  Good chance they are full of sh*t.

I wrote Roids when I didn't think I was going to be able to post the full article - which I still haven't read, lol - from my cell phone. Turns out I was able to pretty fast somehow. You want me to edit my first post? I can totally do that. :)

Adderall is not juice, but it is what players commonly claim when they fail a test.  Good chance they are full of sh*t. 

They actually changed the rules to not allow that anymore. The NFL got sick of everyone claiming failures that were from over the counter sources so now if a player claims they failed for something and its not true the NFL can publish what they failed for. So odds are this is what he did. Hell lose over $3 million for this so its a major punishment for him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11977442/baltimore-ravens-haloti-ngata-suspended-4-games-peds

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Haloti Ngata suspended 4 games

By Jamison Hensley

ESPN.com

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata has been suspended for the rest of the regular season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the team announced Thursday.

Haloti Ngata

Haloti Ngata has been suspended for the remainder of the regular season.

Ngata, a five-time Pro Bowl defender, received a four-game suspension from the NFL, and he's eligible to return for the playoffs if the Ravens make the postseason.

"I made a mistake, and I own this," Ngata said in a statement. "I took Adderall and take full responsibility for doing this. I am deeply sorry and broken up over this. I let down my family, my teammates, Ravens fans and myself. My hope is that the Ravens make the playoffs, and I believe they can do this. And, then I can come back and help us win."

The Ravens will likely turn to rookie second-round pick Timmy Jernigan to replace Ngata.

In his ninth season, Ngata was having one of his better years in recent memory. He had two sacks, two interceptions, two forced fumbles and seven batted passes.

With Ngata in the middle of the defense, the Ravens ranked No. 5 against the run this season. He is signed through the 2015 season.

"This is disappointing news for the Ravens," general manager Ozzie Newsome said. "We are disappointed with Haloti, but no more than he is with himself."

Ngata is eligible to return on Monday, Dec. 29.

Is this true? Cause my first thought was: in no way is Adderall a physical proformance enhancing drug.

Adderall is used frequently in sports. Carlos Ruiz was always a below avg hitter. Then at age 32 he hit 16hr, 70 Rbi, 325 avg, and 400 OBP in 115 games.  Became an all star, became the clean up hitter, and got MVP votes.  Those who know how baseball works know players don't improve drastically at that age. 

He was later suspended for Adderoll use. Since then they have been catching more and more people for using Adderoll.  Being that it comes out of your blood/urine pretty fast I am sure a ton of players use this and are never caught. 

Archived