We aren't going to be able to trade down..

GlennFoley

The top 3 this year is the only picks this year worth trading up for.. We have the #4 pick; meaning that VY, Bush, and Leinart will be gone.. Would anyone trade up for D'Brickashaw? No Way! They realize that he probably won't be much better then the other 5 OT's that will be taken in the 1st round this year anyway..

This misconception among fans here that we will just be able to trade down, and get good value for the pick absurd..

Face it guys; the bills game cost us the "money" picks this year.. There isn't that much of a talent difference from pick #4-32.. The draft is much too deep this year..

If we trade down it will be some retarded Bradway trade, and I know none of you want that..

Half of you would support picking an OT with the #4 pick in the draft when we just watched our management allow one of the best OT's in the leauge to walk last year.. Now you want to pay a rookie OT from the ACC an 8 figure signing bonus? Much more then Kareem would've gotten..

You guys are amazing sometimes..

Draft D'Angello Williams, AJ Hawk, or Mario Williams with the #4 pick in the draft, and try to get Omar Jacobs with the 2nd round pick..

Our skill players are worse then our Oline IMO..

San Fran wanted to trade down last year, and they couldn't.. I see the same thing going on here.

it's still a LONG time before the draft wait untill all the juniors declare and the combines play themselvs out before you start saying they can't trade down.

this might be the 1 and only time i agree with GF but he's right. Trading down is always hard and at 4 the Jets don't really have alot of potential suitors. The strength of the OT market is a factor as well that lessens the value of the pick. Someone could fall in love with a player like Williams or Ngata and trade up it would not be out of the realm of possibility.

But again sort of like trading draft picks for coaches the team that trades down always gets screwed. Maybe that's an argument why the Jets will do it.

this might be the 1 and only time i agree with GF but he's right. Trading down is always hard and at 4 the Jets don't really have alot of potential suitors. The strength of the OT market is a factor as well that lessens the value of the pick. Someone could fall in love with a player like Williams or Ngata and trade up it would not be out of the realm of possibility.

But again sort of like trading draft picks for coaches the team that trades down always gets screwed. Maybe that's an argument why the Jets will do it.

Bit-You base that on YOUR board, but that is not what matters.

What matters is what the board of GM's are who are behind the Jets. Maybe, again maybe, someon rates someone very high at 4, and feel they have to make a move from where they are to get him. It is all based on what someone elses board sees.

What happened last year is not related.

Ifg the Jets don't get a value trade down, pick at 4. Not that hard

yeah but there are 4 other LT in this draft who would be better then fabini so if they can trade down and get a player or another pick + one of those other 4 they would be in better shape.

why are these guys rated lower than Dbrick then?

I saw this topic title and I knew it had to be a GlennFoley gem. Reminds me of "Guys, we are going to have the 7th pick now".

Since when is Kareem McKenzie a "premier tackle"? Try not to let that Giants homerism shine through so clearly. D'Brick could be the next Ogden. The other tackles in this draft may be "solid starters", but they do not have the potential of Ferguson.

I saw this topic title and I knew it had to be a GlennFoley gem. Reminds me of "Guys, we are going to have the 7th pick now".

Since when is Kareem McKenzie a "premier tackle"? Try not to let that Giants homerism shine through so clearly. D'Brick could be the next Ogden. The other tackles in this draft may be "solid starters", but they do not have the potential of Ferguson.

i'm not sure that furgeson is that much better then justice or mcneil...

Kareem McKenzie is one of the better tackles in the leauge.. Martin lived by going around his side.. D'Brick has the potential to be another Kenyatta Walker, Tondy Manderich, Robert Gallery, Mike Williams just as much..

Kareem McKenzie is one of the better tackles in the leauge.. Martin lived by going around his side.. D'Brick has the potential to be another Kenyatta Walker, Tondy Manderich, Robert Gallery, Mike Williams just as much..

So, basically, D'Brick "could be another Tony Manderich", while Bush, Young, and Lineart are "future Hall of Famers"? Just clarifying... :roll:

Yes, but so do all of them...btw, McKenzie was only starting for the jets for 3 years. Martin has been running to that side his whole career.

Face it guys; the bills game cost us the "money" picks this year.. There isn't that much of a talent difference from pick #4-32.. The draft is much too deep this year..

GF, you are by far the BIGGEST gloom and doomer I've seen on a Jets board.

Last week when you incorrctly stated that the Jets had the #7 pick in the draft, you said they screwed themselves because the six best players would be off the board and the Jets would be stuck with whats left. Now, just a couple of weeks later that "there isn't much of a talent differecne between #4 and #32"

You cant have it both ways man. 100% contradiction of your own words just for the sake of painting a negative picture both times.

At least Wilfork produces on the football field.

And he didn't cost the Pats two 1st's and a 4th to boot.

willfork had only 11 more tackles then robertson, but robertson missed the last 3.5 games and robertson lost his DT next to him and robertson tirpled wilfork's sacks. if robertson sucks wilfork must deserve to be on the practice squad.

willfork had only 11 more tackles then robertson, but robertson missed the last 3.5 games and robertson lost his DT next to him and robertson tirpled wilfork's sacks.

Wow, you use stats to evaluate a DLinemen's performance?

You are dumber then I thought you were. #-o

Wow, you use stats to evaluate a DLinemen's performance?

You are dumber then I thought you were. #-o

stats are the best way to evaluate it. what am i supposed to take a patsy homer and jet haters' word for it? everything aside from stats is subjective.

stats are the best way to evaluate it. what am i supposed to take a patsy homer and jet haters' word for it? everything aside from stats is subjective.

Then why aren't the college players with the best "stats" taken first in the draft? :shock:

You really can't be that dumb, can you?

Then why aren't the college players with the best "stats" taken first in the draft? :shock:

You really can't be that dumb, can you?

no because all college players don't play against the same teams. the jets and NE played the same schedule and robertson had better numbers. try again stupid.

no because all college players don't play against the same teams. the jets and NE played the same schedule and robertson had better numbers. try again stupid.

Let me guess.

You also think that the QB rating is a great indicator on QB's performances and ability.

Archived