Is Idzik Done? Idzik has alienated staff, coaches By Adam Schefter | ESPN

Ken Schroy

Why don't you just hand them out to fans as they're entering the stadium? Wouldn't that make more sense than this "pick one up at the bar" idea?

if we wanted to get arrested.. lol.. we are doing this by the rules.. if we thought that MetLife security would be ok with us driving up a truck with 10,000 towels and handing them out, we would definitely go that route. But they have all kinds of rules about soliciting and handing out things on their property. 

Have no fear. We have everything covered. They will get in to people's hands. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

people have been underestimating us all along. If you seriously think that we don't have a few more tricks up our sleeves then we look forward to proving you wrong. No worries, these towels will get in the hands of our supporters. 

So when Woody keeps Idzik and lets him hire his own coach what's the plan then? I want Idzik fired today but I dont see Woody letting him go and we will wind up with a sencond tier candidate as our next head coach. I wouldnt be suprised if Idzik hires either Dan Quinn or Darrell Bevell, hopefully not Bevell.

So when Woody keeps Idzik and lets him hire his own coach what's the plan then? I want Idzik fired today but I dont see Woody letting him go and we will wind up with a sencond tier candidate as our next head coach. I wouldnt be suprised if Idzik hires either Dan Quinn or Darrell Bevell, hopefully not Bevell.

Quinn would actually be a decent choice.

But I think Woody might do the right thing this time, and clean house. I can see him going hard after Harbaugh or try to entice Gruden to come here.

What worries me about this is that if it comes down to a finger pointing session between Idziot and Rex, Woody's going to take Rex's side and fire only Idziot and keep Rex, just like he did when he fired Tannenbaum. The fact is that both of them are the problem. Let's not forget that the Jets were 13 - 19 in the two seasons prior to Idzik's arrival.

What worries me about this is that if it comes down to a finger pointing session between Idziot and Rex, Woody's going to take Rex's side and fire only Idziot and keep Rex, just like he did when he fired Tannenbaum. The fact is that both of them are the problem. Let's not forget that the Jets were 13 - 19 in the two seasons prior to Idzik's arrival.

This is the real problem.  Woody is a wildcard - no way to really know what he's thinking.  One thing we know about Woody (or at least the people advising him) he does almost everything for the sole purpose of PR.

Rex was very popular with the fan base - which is why he was kept, fans have now had enough of him so he's gone.  Idzik will be fired because he's unpopular with the fan base.   

The only real question is what the F is with Bradway?  I really can't understand that one...he absolutely has to be gone.

The truth of the matter is that I've been posting on Jets message boards since Al Gore invented the interwebz and I have had a lot of great ideas and for some reason nobody EVER listens to me. I have written letters, sent a dozen different emails and sent the owner  a dozen different messages on Twitter and Facebook on a dozen different topics and great ideas that i have had and that I was willing to share with Mr. Johnson. In fact I'm so smart that every year I post "I told you so" threads on JN and the other place that I forget the name of, but again, no one cares, no one listens.

So along comes this new kid in town with his big ideas and money-stealing making scheme to embarrass a decent and hard working man and lifelong Jets fan; Woody Johnson and fly sign pulling airplanes DEMANDING that he do what 'I' tell him to do and fire Idzik. So now he has this new idea of bilking Jets fans out of even MORE money by selling these Steelers towels demanding who knows what. All this guy has done is go to his buddies in the press, guys like Mehta and Cimini, pay them off with the stolen money and get them to plant his name and his ego-driven agenda all over the local and national press. What's next The Howard Stern Show? Live with that guy with the space between his teeth and then on Kimmel, and Live with Regis and Kathie Lee?  

All this guy wants is publicity and more and more of 'OUR' money and I'll bet you after the last home game we never see or hear from him again. If I sound bitter, well I am, if I sound jealous, well maybe a little. I hate that this guy is going to take all the credit for the changes that are going to be made when 'I' was the one who said all along that this Idzik was going to be a disaster and that Rex Ryan is a defensive genius who should NOT get fired because of the crappy job the GM has done in supplying him with players. 

All this guy wants is publicity and more and more of 'OUR' money 

so fla you are an awesome Jets fan but there's not really an angle for this guy to make money renting 5 figure billboards etc. Are they really selling those yellow towels? 

Bottom line if the firejohnidzik thing is just to make money then that guy is an awful businessman. You can make more money selling fake Louis vutton on the sidewalk. 

Woody should fire Idzik, then hire a new GM  with the stipulation that he must fire Rex.

I don't think any new GM would need any such stipulation. Rex, his mouth and his record have fired himself already. How he stuck around after 2012 is nothing short of insanity on the part of Woody Johnson.

The truth of the matter is that I've been posting on Jets message boards since Al Gore invented the interwebz and I have had a lot of great ideas and for some reason nobody EVER listens to me. I have written letters, sent a dozen different emails and sent the owner  a dozen different messages on Twitter and Facebook on a dozen different topics and great ideas that i have had and that I was willing to share with Mr. Johnson. In fact I'm so smart that every year I post "I told you so" threads on JN and the other place that I forget the name of, but again, no one cares, no one listens.

So along comes this new kid in town with his big ideas and money-stealing making scheme to embarrass a decent and hard working man and lifelong Jets fan; Woody Johnson and fly sign pulling airplanes DEMANDING that he do what 'I' tell him to do and fire Idzik. So now he has this new idea of bilking Jets fans out of even MORE money by selling these Steelers towels demanding who knows what. All this guy has done is go to his buddies in the press, guys like Mehta and Cimini, pay them off with the stolen money and get them to plant his name and his ego-driven agenda all over the local and national press. What's next The Howard Stern Show? Live with that guy with the space between his teeth and then on Kimmel, and Live with Regis and Kathie Lee?  

All this guy wants is publicity and more and more of 'OUR' money and I'll bet you after the last home game we never see or hear from him again. If I sound bitter, well I am, if I sound jealous, well maybe a little. I hate that this guy is going to take all the credit for the changes that are going to be made when 'I' was the one who said all along that this Idzik was going to be a disaster and that Rex Ryan is a defensive genius who should NOT get fired because of the crappy job the GM has done in supplying him with players. 

You think you are so smart in wanting Rex and Idzik fired? I think the guys doing this are the best Jets fans EVER. At least they are doing SOMETHING to get the owners attention and I hope they are successful. BTW I have been clammoring for Rex to be fired since 2012, so I must be a genius by your standards.

lol.. SoFlaJets is a HUGE supporter of what we are doing. Even I was confused by that post because I read it on my phone and didn't look to see who wrote it - but he meant it to come across as sarcastic… As Bitonti said - we would have to be the dumbest businessmen in the history of business to start a company whose sole purpose was to put itself out of business. 

the entire amount of money raised from Jets fans throughout the country by our "business" was enough to pay for almost 1000 t-shirts, the price of shipping all of those shirts, a couple months of billboards on 3 of the most high traffic roads in America, 10,000 towels, $1000+ to pediatric cancer research, and all related expenses to pull this whole thing off.. 

And if we didn't buy any of that stuff and just kept the money - we STILL haven't raised enough to pay for ONE PSL in the coaches club. 

I still think Idziks basic philosophy is a good one, too bad his free agent signings and last team changing draft stunk to high heaven.  It all comes down to talent evaluation, his cap  and team concepts are solid in my mind as far as not over paying for mid level players, having some free cap space and such.  This past draft could have been such a postiive game changer for us and they f'd it all up.

lol.. SoFlaJets is a HUGE supporter of what we are doing. Even I was confused by that post because I read it on my phone and didn't look to see who wrote it - but he meant it to come across as sarcastic… As Bitonti said - we would have to be the dumbest businessmen in the history of business to start a company whose sole purpose was to put itself out of business.

Shouldn't you be delivering towels to those thousands of sports bars? The "supporters of the cause" are waiting feverishly

It's really important that those 40000 Patriot fans in the stadium get their fake Steelers lookalike collectors item towel to wave

Shouldn't you be delivering towels to those thousands of sports bars? The "supporters of the cause" are waiting feverishly

It's really important that those 40000 Patriot fans in the stadium get their fake Steelers lookalike collectors item towel to wave

Relax SG3.. we have been getting along recently. 

I still think Idziks basic philosophy is a good one, too bad his free agent signings and last team changing draft stunk to high heaven.  It all comes down to talent evaluation, his cap  and team concepts are solid in my mind as far as not over paying for mid level players, having some free cap space and such.  This past draft could have been such a postiive game changer for us and they f'd it all up.

Idzik's basic philosophy is simple common sense. There's no genius to it. Executing said philosophy, however, takes talent that he doesn't have. Anyone can say, "let's build thru the draft and sign value free agents." It's a whole 'nother thing to accomplish it.

The Jets need a personnel man in charge. Being that the finalist last time around were both cap guys, I hope the Jets reevaluate their search methods before embarking on another search. They were doomed to failure as soon as they settled on Idzik vs. Kahn.

Archived