We ROBBED KC!

Bob

We guaranteed they won't be a SB contender in the foreseeable future, we got rid of the anchor around our own necks AND WE GOT THEM TO PAY US FOR IT!

BRILLIANT!

To get a fourth round pick for a 4-12 coach? Brilliant!!!!

I do see this perspective but right now I can't embrace it.

nor should you. I don't usually knock posts that I disagree with, but the one starting this thread is flawed on so many levels I can't help it. KC has a head coach. We don't, because we gave away our HC even though we had him under contract for two more years. I had no use for Herm here in NY, so getting something for a coach I didn't like should be enough except for one thing...he was valuable to KC and had value elsewhere in the league. If KC wanted exclusive rights to the opportunity to take him without a bidding war or leverage by other squads, they should have paid us his market value.

Put it this way, I have a 1976 cadillac eldorado convertible in my garage. It looks great, is nice and shiny, but only runs fair. So I don't drive it much and certainly have little practical use for it. By your reasoning (not you Smizz, obviously) I should hand it over to next guy who offers me a hundred bucks to take it off my hands since I don't really need it anyway. That's how it works, right? So what if it's worth ten grand. I don't lose if I get anything at all, since getting $100 for something I don't need is a great situation for me! Rediculous.

nor should you. I don't usually knock posts that I disagree with, but the one starting this thread is flawed on so many levels I can't help it. KC has a head coach. We don't, because we gave away our HC even though we had him under contract for two more years. I had no use for Herm here in NY, so getting something for a coach I didn't like should be enough except for one thing...he was valuable to KC and had value elsewhere in the league. If KC wanted exclusive rights to the opportunity to take him without a bidding war or leverage by other squads, they should have paid us his market value.

Put it this way, I have a 1976 cadillac eldorado convertible in my garage. It looks great, is nice and shiny, but only runs fair. So I don't drive it much and certainly have little practical use for it. By your reasoning (not you Smizz, obviously) I should hand it over to next guy who offers me a hundred bucks to take it off my hands since I don't really need it anyway. That's how it works, right? So what if it's worth ten grand. I don't lose if I get anything at all, since getting $100 for something I don't need is a great situation for me! Rediculous.

Without a doubt, the best post on the entire Hermy-KC fiasco.

The Jets got absolutely hosed by KC.

Great post SirLance. =D>

Without a doubt, the best post on the entire Hermy-KC fiasco.

The Jets got absolutely hosed by KC.

Great post SirLance. =D>

the jets could trade doug jolley and a 5th round pick for tomlinson and you'd say they got hosed. you're as bad a homer as they come.

Nonsense. For a better analogy, let's assume that ElDo was shorting out, starting fires that were burning down your garage.

Are you better without it starting fires, or do you let it continue to destroy your property while waiting for that 10k that you think it's worth?

Let it burn down garages in KC.

Your Caddy knows it a Car and Not a HC..Hermie didn't! :wink:

Your Caddy knows it's a Car and Not a HC..Hermie didn't! :wink:

Nonsense. For a better analogy, let's assume that ElDo was shorting out, starting fires that were burning down your garage.

Are you better without it starting fires, or do you let it continue to destroy your property while waiting for that 10k that you think it's worth?

Let it burn down garages in KC.

=D>=D>=D>=D>

Good points on both posts but I agree with Bob.

If the Jets had said no to a 4th rounder all we would read here is how we blew a chance to get rid of Herm and aquire a pick.

Archived