Any concerns with Harbaugh?

AFJF

I know he's got a great track record outside of this season but it looks like he lost his team before the half-way point, tons of penalties, supposed all-world QB  has gotten worse as the season progressed, 26th in pts scored with plenty of weapons, and now he loses to the only team Geno Smith was able to beat this year.  Even if he's checked out, do we want a guy who goes in to games not caring if he wins or loses because of a little adversity?

Thoughts?

There's no reason to think he doesn't care about winning or losing.  and certainly more than a "little" adversity.   It's probably much worse internally than we're hearing.

There are definitely some big red flags for Harbaugh but I don't think it's necessarily because they're not having a great season this year. 

How about we bring in Harbaugh and Kapernick?  Would the 49ers be willing to make that trade for our first round pick?  They can start over with a new coach and QB and we get an opportunity at a QB who's not playing well but has shown some success in the league.

How about we bring in Harbaugh and Kapernick?  Would the 49ers be willing to make that trade for our first round pick?  They can start over with a new coach and QB and we get an opportunity at a QB who's not playing well but has shown some success in the league.

Kapernick is going to be a very, very good if not great QB in this league for years to come.  There probably isn't a trade in the world the 49ers would make to give him up (maybe for Luck straight up)

We could offer them our entire draft in this upcoming year and next years one and they wouldn't do it.  Heck, I would make that move.

He's going to demand a lot of power in the next organization he joins, and there's really no evidence that he knows what he's doing on the personnel side of things. His style of coaching may serve as a kick in the ass with some early success, but professionals get tired of that shtick pretty quickly. Hard to imagine him as anything more than a short term solution, much like Parcells. Which is fine, the team could use it. I just don't know if I'd be willing to give high/multiple draft picks for that.

I think he took Kapernick to the peak of his game, and he's vunerable, I don't think it's on Harbaugh. Kapernick was much better last year than this year.

Kapernick's problem this year is Stevie Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis all got older and slower since last year.

What? This isn't a real post, right?

I'm dead serious....What do you think the 49ers would want for Kaepernick?

If you're the 49ers, would you take 2 first rounders for him?

Any time you have a legit franchise QB and Kaepernick is one of them - you hold onto them like gold.

I know he's got a great track record outside of this season but it looks like he lost his team before the half-way point, tons of penalties, supposed all-world QB  has gotten worse as the season progressed, 26th in pts scored with plenty of weapons, and now he loses to the only team Geno Smith was able to beat this year.  Even if he's checked out, do we want a guy who goes in to games not caring if he wins or loses because of a little adversity?

Thoughts?

I do want Harbaugh as of now - But I could be changing my opinion soon. 

Hes not a guy thats going to be in a place very long. However I dont think Gruden and other guys would be ever.  I see Harbaugh like Gruden being the perfect guy that comes in and takes a team that has all the talent like Detroit for example to that next level. Im not sure if hes a rebuilding type guy. 

My concern with Harbaugh is how bad his offense has been. Without Kap running I was looking and they have been terrible. They have talent and loads on high picks everywhere and they are underperforming no offense. Thats kind of scary. 

Any time you have a legit franchise QB and Kaepernick is one of them - you hold onto them like gold.

Kaepernick is nowhere near as good as you're making him. And suggesting that only Luck is of equal value at the QB position is beyond retarded. 

Kaepernick is nowhere near as good as you're making him. And suggesting that only Luck is of equal value at the QB position is beyond retarded. 

I'm not saying Luck is of equal value as Kaepernick (Luck is clearly better)

but what I am saying and seriously ask yourself this questions and try to give an honest answer.  If you're the GM of the SF 49ers what would you have to get in return to trade Kaepernick?

What I'm saying is, it would have to be an awful lot.

I'm not saying Luck is of equal value as Kaepernick (Luck is clearly better)

but what I am saying and seriously ask yourself this questions and try to give an honest answer.  If you're the GM of the SF 49ers what would you have to get in return to trade Kaepernick?

What I'm saying is, it would have to be an awful lot.

Despite their struggles this season I'd agree with you.  The success the two have had together, plus the fact that they're both very young would mean a high price tag.  They could view this season as an aberration due to far from ideal circumstances.  I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would gladly take on a Harbaugh/Kap combo  next season.

Kapernick's problem this year is Stevie Johnson, Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin and Vernon Davis all got older and slower since last year.

Davis has been dropping passes left and right, yes, and anquan is 34, but Crabtree and Johnson are 27 + 28. The only Receiver of that group that's been clearly regressing is Davis. He's relied on davis the past 2 years and now that davis has been sucking he can't translate those passes to the other 3 great options at WR. Kap's been running a lot less and clearly regressing. The defense has been troubled with injuries and they need Kapernick to be the guy to take over, and he hasn't been able to. Boldin is 34 and on pace for another 1100 yard year. Crabtree and Johnson probably combining for 120 and 1200 at the end of the year. These are good enough weapons to win games. It's on Kaepernick. 

Davis has been dropping passes left and right, yes, and anquan is 34, but Crabtree and Johnson are 27 + 28. The only Receiver of that group that's been clearly regressing is Davis. He's relied on davis the past 2 years and now that davis has been sucking he can't translate those passes to the other 3 great options at WR. Kap's been running a lot less and clearly regressing. The defense has been troubled with injuries and they need Kapernick to be the guy to take over, and he hasn't been able to. Boldin is 34 and on pace for another 1100 yard year. Crabtree and Johnson probably combining for 120 and 1200 at the end of the year. These are good enough weapons to win games. It's on Kaepernick.

Eric Mangini, tight end coach.

He's going to demand a lot of power in the next organization he joins, and there's really no evidence that he knows what he's doing on the personnel side of things. His style of coaching may serve as a kick in the ass with some early success, but professionals get tired of that shtick pretty quickly. Hard to imagine him as anything more than a short term solution, much like Parcells. Which is fine, the team could use it. I just don't know if I'd be willing to give high/multiple draft picks for that.

The shelf life would concern me. The kick in the ass is great but seems like he wears out his team. No surprise he would hire Mangini.

The shelf life would concern me. The kick in the ass is great but seems like he wears out his team. No surprise he would hire Mangini.

Didn't Pat Riley say that his hard ass disciplinarian methods would fall on deaf ears after four seasons?

I would be shocked if he's not available. 

Hes regressed and seems like a 1-2 read then run QB. Im not sure many teams would want him. He has some really poor numbers and play when the game is on the line. 

You have to give up something to get him, and he seems to be an abrasive guy who wears out his welcome. Not like he's going to be winning the Super Bowl this year. The fact that SF wants to get rid of him, though the reasons may be stupid, has to be a red flag.

I would be shocked if he's not available. 

Hes regressed and seems like a 1-2 read then run QB. Im not sure many teams would want him. He has some really poor numbers and play when the game is on the line. 

QB's are at such a premium in the NFL there is simply no way the 49ers give him up....If they are willing to trade him we should put up a huge package and go after him...first round this year and next year - I would do that without blinking an eye.

QB's are at such a premium in the NFL there is simply no way the 49ers give him up....If they are willing to trade him we should put up a huge package and go after him...first round this year and next year - I would do that without blinking an eye.

For keap?

You give him a fair amount of control and let him do what he does better then most - choose football players and coach successful football teams.

This might actually be a situation in our favor as as Lucky Sperm Boy Woodrow might give him what he wants -  which is to be left alone to be left alone and build a football team.

Really don't see the big deal about him.

I know, he only revived Alex smith's career and brought SF from total irrelevance for over a decade to division winner and then to the Super Bowl in only a few years. Plus he actually made kaepernik (you know who I mean) look like a decent qb.

Archived