White Sox to sign David Robertson

Morrissey

Signing two relief pitchers for $82 million (what Miller and Robertson got combined) would of been bonkers. We got Andrew Miller a LHP for $10 million less than Robertson, I think we made out well.

Okay. I take it all back.  

No seriously I do trust you.l I just liked this kid a lot. I guess I am being unfair, I like the bridge to Mariano. But emotions don't win the World Series.

Robertson wanted us to pay a premium for closer role tag, and my view is those days should be over. A closer is not more vauable than say a guy like Betances or Miller getting huge outs in the middle of a game in big spots. Usually the game needs to be saved in an inning other than the 9th why save our best arm (which is now Betances) for the 9th? No one who watched the Yankees last year would say David Robertson was A. Better or B. As vauable as Dellin Betances was for the Yankees.

This is what I see happening. Romo, Neshek, Gregerson are other much cheaper options.

Somewhat more outside the box, Yankee Adam Warren. He's pitched well for us and his stuff translates well, but Yankees may want to have him start (loss of Shane Greene)

Robertson wanted us to pay a premium for closer role tag, and my view is those days should be over. A closer is not more vauable than say a guy like Betances or Miller getting huge outs in the middle of a game in big spots. Usually the game needs to be saved in an inning other than the 9th why save our best arm (which is now Betances) for the 9th? No one who watched the Yankees last year would say David Robertson was A. Better or B. As vauable as Dellin Betances was for the Yankees.

Betances has only done it for 1 year.

Yankees should be ashamed. They hand out big contracts to guys like McCann and fiddle over a few mill for a Robertson.

DISGRACEFUL.

D-Rob has been trending downward the past 3 seasons. Yankees get a draft pick for his departure. I can understand some of the pro's.

He throws a lot more pitches than Mo.  I don't think he's going to nearly as long a career.  He was good last year but not good enough to get a $40 million contract.

Archived