Mangini To Replace Harbaugh In SF?

TuscanyTile2

Mangini has more of a GM make up than a HC make up

This is pure speculation, and based on a few good first round picks and little else. If he really had an aptitude for front office work, wouldn't someone hire him in that regard? 

This guy gets the freest of free passes, IMO. He flat out sucked, and his personnel record was merely okay. Not that we know how the front office even worked between him and Tanny. 

This is pure speculation, and based on a few good first round picks and little else. If he really had an aptitude for front office work, wouldn't someone hire him in that regard? 

This guy gets the freest of free passes, IMO. He flat out sucked, and his personnel record was merely okay. Not that we know how the front office even worked between him and Tanny. 

Tanny was a capologist and that was well known, not to hard to figure out Mangini had more pull when it came to how to build the team. Manginis biggest issue was his attitude toward the players and that was well documented as well. I think Mangini is a smart guy with a little attitude adjustment could do well.

Yes you could do worse for example Wrex over the past 4 years (after he destroyed the roster and purged any hint of an offense):

16-37!

ouch.

or it's 24-37. But we can't all be little Idziks. 

Lol you are correct but man touchy about Wrex aren't you =p

There are enough fair criticisms of the man on the way out, no need to exaggerate. :)

& lol at BadPoster negative rep'ing my correction of the man's record.      :bwahaharoll:

The Boar Hunter

When I go to the money machine tonight, I ain't looking over my back for the media.

Yea, exactly. I mean it's not like he's a music artist where the media follows him to take a piss. They only time they can roast him is press conferences and there's a simple way to avoid that. WIN OFTEN. Which he didn't do.

Mangini has been their TE coach this year.

Vernon Davis stat-line: 25 catches, 236 yards, 2 TDs

Vance MacDonald: 2 rec, 30 yards

Why wouldn't they extend his magnificence to the entire roster?!  

Yeah, Vernon Davis immediately forgot how to play TE once Mangini started coaching him.

Kendall was an azzhole and was a very big part of the 'fiasco'

Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But regardless, it doesn't take anything away from the way Mangini handled the situation. I mean, the coach is supposed to be the bigger man, and the "adult" in the room isn't he?

I'd rather the coach be an absolute dick and have a disciplined well run team than to be club Rex who is every players buddy and is totally oblivious to the bad seeds on the team.

What about if the coach, like Mangini is an absolute dick and the team is undisciplined and poorly.run?

What about if the coach, like Mangini is an absolute dick and the team is undisciplined and poorly.run?

Except they weren't at all under mangini.  They paid the price for taking penalties day one in camp to the end of the year and they were a very disciplined team.  You can argue about how effective Mangini was and how you like or didn't like him but his teams were 100 times more discipliend than club rex.

I'd rather the coach be an absolute dick and have a disciplined well run team than to be club Rex who is every players buddy and is totally oblivious to the bad seeds on the team.

Except they weren't at all under mangini.  They paid the price for taking penalties day one in camp to the end of the year and they were a very disciplined team.  You can argue about how effective Mangini was and how you like or didn't like him but his teams were 100 times more discipliend than club rex.

They were also in only one playoff game and were ******* humiliated. 

Mangini doesn't know what he's doing.  That's why his record both here and in Cleveland are horrible and SF's ownership is retarded if they give him the job.  He's an insanely conservative defensive playcaller Rex had basically the same roster on defense and they became top 5 overnight.  His handling of Cleveland's QB situation was laughable.

Mangini doesn't know what he's doing.  That's why his record both here and in Cleveland are horrible and SF's ownership is retarded if they give him the job.  He's an insanely conservative defensive playcaller Rex had basically the same roster on defense and they became top 5 overnight.  His handling of Cleveland's QB situation was laughable.

I don't disagree with anything you have said, my other point stands, the team actually had discipline under him, under rex none at all.

This stuff gets overemphasized in a bad year like the one we're currently having. IIRC, the Seahawks were the most penalized team in the league last year. They also won a Super Bowl.

Mangini had the team walking on eggshells. People complain about Rex's ground & pound, but forget that before Favre got here and told Schotty to shove his offense that the Jets were easily the most boring team in football on both sides of the ball. Mangini focused on not making mistakes and nothing else. There was no aggressiveness. I hate the dumb penalties like 12 men or false starts, but a lot of that is bringing in guys like Colon and Breno, who have been penalty producers for their entire careers.

Archived