~ ~ jets @ tennessee : sun. , dec. 14 - 4:05 pm , cbs ~ ~

kelly

Amaro, the rookie tight end who missed the last two Jets gameswith a concussion, could only wonder if he could have helped.

He and the Jets will find out Sunday, when Amaro is expected back in the lineup for the Jets' game against the Tennessee Titans. Amaro practiced fully this week, and the Jets list him as probable for Sunday."When you miss some games, especially some close ones where you feel you could have made a difference, it definitely puts a point of emphasis on getting back and playing well," Amaro said Sunday.

Amaro seemed to be progressing before the injury, with a 10-catch game against the Denver Broncos and a touchdown catch in the Jets' upset win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Jets have struggled at tight end with him out; Jeff Cumberland dropped a pass in the end zone last Sunday against the Minnesota Vikings.

It wouldn't be a surprise if the Jets cut back on Cumberland's playing time, possibly even with Zach Sudfeld seeing some time. But Amaro's return could be key."He has done some very good things," offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said. "We all have to get better at some other things, but he has done well."

Amaro, a second-round pick out of Texas Tech, feels good about his rookie season."I know Marty's got a good plan for me," Amaro said. "He's always had a plan to emphasize me, every week. I feel like I had a good first half of a season. I just want to finish these games strong, and make a point out of what I want to bring into next year.

"I'm taking these last three games as training opportunities, to get to where I want to be next year."

Thanks kelvin for reposting the brilliant predictions of espne halfwits.

And considering its roughly the fourth time in the past two days, it is especially interesting and entertaining

Thanks again, big guy

you're welcome twisted-sister !..

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Thanks kelvin for reposting the brilliant predictions of espne halfwits.

And considering its roughly the fourth time in the past two days, it is especially interesting and entertaining

Thanks again, big guy

No reason to discourage anyone from posting these articles. Kelly does the right thing and keeps them all in one thread, making it a pretty convenient way to read them if anyone has an interest. And I'm sure a few people do.

No reason to discourage anyone from posting these articles. Kelly does the right thing and keeps them all in one thread, making it a pretty convenient way to read them if anyone has an interest. And I'm sure a few people do.

He knows I'm just kidding with him, slats....kelvin is an OK guy in my book

Come Sunday, what's the difference between Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene ?

They're both running backs who will be facing their former teams when the Jets travel to Nashville to face the Tennessee Titans, but Johnson is all but assured of getting onto the field. Greene, who spent the first four years of his career with the Jets, not so much.

Greene, a New Jersey native, was de-activated last week, when the Titans handed a uniform to rookie running back Antonio Andrews, who was used for kickoff returns. It wasn't all that shocking, really: Greene had just 16 carries for 30 yards in the previous five games.

Will he play against his old team?

"Your guess is as good as mine," Greene said via The Tennessean. "I have no idea. Nobody knows. I just do whatever they ask and go out and practice. (Playing) is something I can't control."

He added: "At this point, I don't think there's no reason for me to ask [the coaches]. I just have to be prepared. If (I don't play), that's what they want and I just have to go with that. But I'm always going to be prepared to go and play."

Chris Johnson on playing his former team says that it is not 'me vs them it is Jets vs Titans' NY Jets Chris Johnson on playing his former team says that it is not 'me vs them it is Jets vs Titans' (Video by William Perlman | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com|

The dwindling role and benching likely means Greene isn't in the Titans' plans for 2015. For his base salary of $2.3 million this year, he has 60 carries for 220 yards and two touchdowns — for a 2-11 team that is ranked 27th in rushing yardage per game. With Greene scheduled to make $3.25 million next year, it appears his time with the Titans is nearly over.

"I have no clue what they have planned for the future and whether that involves me or not," he said. "Who knows?"

Greene, born in Sicklerville, N.J., played at Winslow Township High School in Atco. In his junior and senior years, he rushed for 2,645 yards and 34 touchdowns before starring at the University of Iowa. He was drafted by the Jets in the third round in 2009.

"I think especially against your old team, you want to do good against them," Greene said. "You want to show you still have it."

> http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/12/remember_shonn_greene_the_tennessee_titans_running_back_is_just_as_miserable_as_you_jets_fans.html

The New York Jets can't even tank correctly - I guarantee we win this game.

However, frankly, I can't even blame the Jets for winning this game, the Jets are actually a much better team IMO and they should win - I'd love if Wilk and Harvin didn't play to increase our chances of losing and securing a higher pick.

Though I'm less bullish on Mariota than I have been (just based on what I've read in the Draft Forums) so I truly don't know if the #1 pick even matters that much as I'd be happy with a wideout or pass rusher and there should be a few in consideration in the top 5.

Things we learned about the Jets
A few takeaways from the New York Jets' 16-11 win over the Tennessee Titans:

1. Geno Smith has validated the team’s controversial decision to put him back in the lineup. It was the right call at the time, regardless of who made it, and it looks even better three weeks later. Look, Smith hasn’t been great, but he also hasn’t been terrible – a 78.2 passer rating in three starts since his return. The Jets wouldn’t be gaining much with Michael Vick in the lineup; he’s not the future. Smith might not be the future, either, but he’s showing he belongs somewhere on the 2015 depth chart.

2. The Jets’ official website posted a video of Rex Ryan’s postgame address to the team, your basic “hard-work-pays-off” speech from a fired-up coach. In the background is owner Woody Johnson, with his two young sons. Johnson is locked in, hanging on Ryan’s every word, smiling occasionally. Oh, to be a mind reader. Johnson has a deep affinity for Ryan, and it’s quite obvious the team likes him, too. In two weeks, Johnson is expected to fire Ryan. You can’t help but wonder what was running through his mind as he watched his coach in the locker room; thinking about what might have been or, per chance, letting his heart tell him what still could be?

3. Not surprisingly, Johnson declined to speak to reporters as he left the locker room, saying he will talk after the season – i.e. Black Monday. There’s still the thought floating around that embattled general manager John Idzik somehow might survive. That would be an unpopular decision by Johnson.

4. The players gave Ryan the game ball, with D’Brickashaw Ferguson making the presentation in the locker room. It was a nice birthday present for the coach, who turned 52 on Saturday.

5. Ryan scoffed at the “Suck for the Duck” premise, essentially saying Marcus Mariota is no Peyton Manning. I wonder what he’d be saying if he thought he’d have an opportunity to coach him.

6. Hard to believe, but this was only the second time the Jets outscored an opponent in the fourth quarter. They did it last week, too – a 6-3 edge on the Minnesota Vikings – but no one should care about that because they blew the game in overtime. For a change, the Jets finished.

7. Quinton Coples hasn’t made enough plays in his career to have a personal highlight film, but if he decided on a short film, it should be entitled, “The Hurt Locker.” For the second straight year, he knocked Titans quarterback Jake Locker out of a game. This time, he squashed him with a clean hit, causing a shoulder injury. Afterward, teammate Jason Babin called over to Coples in the locker room, saying, “You’re Locker’s arch nemesis.” The defensive-minded coach probably wished Coples faced Locker more often. A year ago, Coples and Muhammad Wilkerson tag-teamed him, resulting in a season-ending hip injury.

8. The Jets are up to 11 takeaways, needing only three to avoid the indignity of having the fewest in a 16-game season. (The Houston Texans had only 13 last season.) The Jets' team leader is a wide receiver, T.J. Graham, who has three fumble recoveries on special teams. File that under “strange, but true."

9. The Jets held the Titans out of the end zone, but let’s keep it in perspective: The Titans had only three healthy wide receivers, four backups on the offensive line and a third-string quarterback (Charlie Whitehurst) for most of the game.

10. With Frank Wycheck and Kevin Dyson in the house for alumni weekend, the Titans nearly pulled off another Music City Miracle. They covered 49 yards with a pass and three laterals, coming up 9 yards short on the final play. “Kind of scary,” safety Calvin Pryor said. In January 2000, Wycheck and Dyson hooked up in the original Miracle.

-- Observed and heard in the New York Jets' locker room after their 16-11 victory against the Tennessee Titans:

No apologies: The victory probably cost the Jets their chance of landing the No. 1 overall pick -- presumably, Oregon Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota. They dropped from fourth to sixth in the current draft order, no doubt infuriating fans who want them to "Suck for the Duck." Rex Ryan's candid response?

"Tough you-know-what," he said. "Real fans -- real Jet fans -- want to win. It doesn't matter what pick you get or whatever. If it were Peyton Manning out there, I could understand it, but I don't think Peyton Manning is out there. But either way -- you know what? -- we're going to fight every game. We're going to fight next week, too, against New England, and we're looking forward to it. Jets fans want to win. Are you kidding me?"

Sucker punch: To a man, the Jets said Titans defensive end Jurrell Casey should've been ejected for punching Geno Smith, which triggered a third-quarter brawl. Casey was penalized for unnecessary roughness, and that's it.

"It was a dumb move on his part," said right tackle Breno Giacomini, who rushed to Smith's defense. "He's a good player; he doesn't need to do that stuff."

Guard Willie Colon, who also was involved in the melee, said the referee admitted to him he saw the punch, but that he didn't eject Casey because the punch didn't land. Colon said he told him he was wrong. In any event, the fight seemed to spark the Jets. As safety Dawan Landry said, "It kind of riled us up a bit."

Heated words: There was a brief exchange on the sideline between kicker Nick Folk and assistant special-teams coach Louie Aguiar. It happened after Folk missed a field goal from 53 yards, hitting the crossbar. Folk came off the field holding up three fingers, meaning the 33-yard line -- what he felt was the outer limit of his range. The line of scrimmage on the miss was the 35. There apparently was a difference of opinion.

"It was just a miscommunication," Folk said. "It's frustrating because I hit exactly the kick I wanted to and it hit the crossbar."

Folk knows his range, that's for sure. On the Jets' next possession, they got to the 33-yard line and he was good (barely) from 51 yards. Said Folk: "We had a laugh after that kick."

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/47244/rex-ryan-refuses-to-apologize-for-winning

An examination of the snap counts from the New York Jets' 16-11 win against the Tennessee Titans:

OFFENSE (Based on 65 snaps)

Quarterback -- Geno Smith 65.

Running back -- Chris Ivory 31, John Conner 23, Chris Johnson 21, Bilal Powell 13.

Wide receiver -- Eric Decker 53, Percy Harvin 37, Jeremy Kerley 34, T.J. Graham 22, Chris Owusu 9.

Tight end -- Jeff Cumberland 44, Jace Amaro 22, Zach Sudfeld 14.

Offensive line -- D'Brickashaw Ferguson 65, Oday Aboushi 65, Nick Mangold 60, Willie Colon 65, Breno Giacomini 65, Dalton Freeman 5, Ben Ijalana 2.

Offensive analysis: Mangold, who played every snap in the first 13 games, sat for five plays in the fourth quarter due to a finger injury. It marked Freeman's NFL debut at center. Mangold returned to finish the game. ... The slumping Cumberland saw a reduction in his playing time, as the coaches expanded Sudfeld's role. The return of Amaro also contributed to the re-distribution of reps. ... The Jets used more two-back sets than usual, resulting in a season-high percentage (35) for Conner, who got more snaps than Johnson. ... Harvin played on a tender ankle, which probably explains his low number.

DEFENSE (Based on 68 snaps)

Line -- Sheldon Richardson 64, Quinton Coples 49, Damon Harrison 31, Leger Douzable 27, Kenrick Ellis 15, T.J. Barnes 6.

Linebacker -- David Harris 68, Demario Davis 68, Calvin Pace 58, Jason Babin 51, IK Enemkpali 12.

Secondary -- Marcus Williams 67, Jaiquawn Jarrett 54, Calvin Pryor 42, Dawan Landry 40, Darrin Walls 38, Phillip Adams 29, Kyle Wilson 19.

Defensive analysis: My, how things have changed in the secondary. Who could've guessed that Williams and Jarrett -- a former practice-squad player and a backup at the start of the season, respectively -- would lead in snaps played? ... The coaches finally followed through on their desire to get Enemkpali into the mix. His 12 snaps equaled his total from the previous 13 games. ... Adams and Walls rotated at the other corner spot, opposite Williams. ... They used a three-man rotation at safety, with Jarrett, Pryor and Landry (off the bench).

> http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/47326/jets-playing-time-breakdown-week-15

Archived