Cespedes to the Tigers

shawn306

Wow

Cespedes plus 2 players for Porcello.

Maybe the Sux thought they were getting Scherzer?

A low level pitcher and Alex Wilson plus Cespedes is a fair deal for a 25 year old pitcher still under team control for 2 years who is a solid #2 type guy.

Cespedes isn't needed in the Sox line-up now. This is a good deal for the Red Sox.

lol @ carl trying to spin cycle this deal

sox fans i know are madddd

No one is mad. Sox fans are mad about the way Lester was treated. Not about adding quality pitching, which they needed.

Intelligent Sox fans that I know are very happy because they moved a very tradeable asset, whose contract is up after the end of the year for a young, middle of the rotation guy who is under team control for two more years.

Sox fans you know are not smart, obviously.

His ERA has gone down every season since 2010.

Over the last 3 years he is almost a full run better away than at Comerica.

He's 25 and under team control for 2 more years.

This is a good move.

I'm glad you are happy.

Were you one of those millions of Sox fans annointing Cespedes as the next great baseball Homer King just last season?

Now you are thrilled that he was traded with two.other players for a 10 game a season winning pitcher with a high ERA pitching in pitcher friendly Comerica.

I'm glad you are happy.

Were you one of those millions of Sox fans annointing Cespedes as the next great baseball Homer King just last season?

Now you are thrilled that he was traded with two.other players for a 10 game a season winning pitcher with a high ERA pitching in pitcher friendly Comerica.

A) Who the **** uses wins to judge pitchers anymore? Are you in the BBWAA?

B) He "won" 15 games last year. With a 3.43 ERA.

I'm glad you are happy.

Yes.

The Sox need Cespedes power, but they are getting a pitcher entering his prime who is coming off his best year. 

This deal sucks.  I like Porcello a lot, but he's a #3 tops right now.  I think he will do better in Boston given that he won't be a groundball pitcher pitching in front of a woeful infield defense, but we really should have gotten more for Cespedes.

Cespedes isn't a great player. He's a solid player with pop. A .316 career OBP is terrible. He was going to be a free agent and they weren't going to bring him back. They got a good get. And the two guys they sent with him are fodder.

Cespedes isn't a great player. He's a solid player with pop. A .316 career OBP is terrible. He was going to be a free agent and they weren't going to bring him back. They got a good get. And the two guys they sent with him are fodder.

He showed extreme promise in his rookie year.  I like Porcello, but not straight up for Cespedes.  And Porcello is going to be a free agent too.

He showed extreme promise in his rookie year. I like Porcello, but not straight up for Cespedes. And Porcello is going to be a free agent too.

Not until 16

Bur he is arb eligible next year so if he's gets those 15 wins Carl is certain about, he will cost probably twice what he's getting this year

But why worry

Its baseball where payroll means nothing

It's in-*******-credible that they didn't lock him up last year. Especially now that they've traded Cespedes.

And that is the worst part about it.

He was (reportedely) willing to take a discount to keep him.  If true, they could have had him at 5/105.  I would also guess he would have been happy with that 6/135 if they had made it during last season.

Yet, Lucchino stepped onhis crank with that 4/70 offer.

I do not think Lester is worth the 6/135, but that 4/70 is an f'ing joke.

And that is the worst part about it.

He was (reportedely) willing to take a discount to keep him. If true, they could have had him at 5/105. I would also guess he would have been happy with that 6/135 if they had made it during last season.

Yet, Lucchino stepped onhis crank with that 4/70 offer.

I do not think Lester is worth the 6/135, but that 4/70 is an f'ing joke.

Maybe after Pedroia, they just expect huge hometown discounts. I cant imagine the kind of coin Pedroia would get in this market, Cano money not out of question.

Archived