Seattle is successful because

SickJetFan

Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll brought success to Seattle because he is a great coach and he knows how to evaluate talent.  Coming from his USC success because of good recruiting and teaching.  Maybe he even bent the rules a bit and got out just in time but even if he bent rules he must of did by correctly evaluating the talent and took the calculated risks to aquire talent.  

He must work 24x7 but even with that there are so many prospects and he makes so many good decisions he is not doing alone.  He must be hooked into the best scouting in the country in my opinion.  He has been around for so long in both college and NFL and has lots of friends.

We need a Pete Carroll.  Doubtful there is another one out there but maybe we could get a GM who is well liked and knows college recruiting, has lots of friends in all corners of the scouting world, and who isn't afraid to take some calculated risk.  Maybe we can find some good off/def teachers/coaches to take it from there.  Then finally a chess playing head coach who knows both sides of the ball.

If I was Woody that is where I would focus to right the ship!

Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll brought success to Seattle because he is a great coach and he knows how to evaluate talent.  Coming from his USC success because of good recruiting and teaching.  Maybe he even bent the rules a bit and got out just in time but even if he bent rules he must of did by correctly evaluating the talent and took the calculated risks to aquire talent.  

He must work 24x7 but even with that there are so many prospects and he makes so many good decisions he is not doing alone.  He must be hooked into the best scouting in the country in my opinion.  He has been around for so long in both college and NFL and has lots of friends.

We need a Pete Carroll.  Doubtful there is another one out there but maybe we could get a GM who is well liked and knows college recruiting, has lots of friends in all corners of the scouting world, and who isn't afraid to take some calculated risk.  Maybe we can find some good off/def teachers/coaches to take it from there.  Then finally a chess playing head coach who knows both sides of the ball.

as long as Woody walks the sideline, we are doomed.  Teams whose owner is on the field usually are somewhat under achievers.

SEATTLE IS SUCCESSFUL because

1 - They play in there own stadium that doesn't look like an air condition unit.

2 - Their QB is not a Nit Wit.

3 - They have a rabid fan base. ( We used to. )

4 - They play in their state Washington ( Not like us in a swamp in Jerzey )

Did I forget something?

SEATTLE IS SUCCESSFUL because

1 - They play in there own stadium that doesn't look like an air condition unit.

2 - Their QB is not a Nit Wit.

3 - They have a rabid fan base. ( We used to. )

4 - They play in their state Washington ( Not like us in a swamp in Jerzey )

Did I forget something?

1- I don't see any correlation to on-field performance.

2- Granted

3- Winning changes everything

4- Granted, but still does not effect on-field performance. :P

Carroll was successful at USC because he could evaluate talent.  You cannot run a program like that and have success he did without recruiting well.

Carroll is front and center of all their draft in Seattle.

Carroll weeded out the roster he inherited.

With or without their qb Seattle would have success.  Maybe not sb so fast but they would be competitive.

Didn't we have Pete Carroll?

Seattle is successful because they have good players. They hit it big with a 3rd round QB and a 6th round CB. They didn't miss on that many draft picks. That's how you win. With good players.

I think that was my point!  Good players.

Carroll was successful at USC because he could evaluate talent. You cannot run a program like that and have success he did without recruiting well.

Carroll is front and center of all their draft in Seattle.

Carroll weeded out the roster he inherited.

With or without their qb Seattle would have success. Maybe not sb so fast but they would be competitive.

Carroll is successful because he went to USC and learned that running an organization isn't the same thing as being voted Most Popular Guy and that sometimes you have to put the big boy pants on and exert discipline to your players in order to get the best out of them. Rex would do well to seek out a job coaching Tennessee State for a few years to learn some leadership skills.

Carroll is successful because he went to USC and learned that running an organization isn't the same thing as being voted Most Popular Guy and that sometimes you have to put the big boy pants on and exert discipline to your players in order to get the best out of them. Rex would do well to seek out a job coaching Tennessee State for a few years to learn some leadership skills.

That's a bunch of bs 

Carroll is successful because most of those scouts out in all the corners of the country still call him coach!

Disagree....  players are VERY important. QB especially.  

Coaching and GM matter more.  Look at who wins over the last 40 years....  different players, same system.

Look at the #1 pick last 40 years, mostly same crappy teams.

Ur not on any medication are ya there buddy?

But yeah yeah like you say!

Lol.

Give him his due credit for winning it all with a team capable of doing so, of course, but had anyone drafted Wilson ahead of Seattle (he went right around where he was expected to go), Carroll probably would have been fired within a year of what ended up being a championship season. It gets forgotten he was also the all knowing talent guru who pushed Flynn and Rice and throwing around draft picks for Leon and Lendale White (among other unworthy, if not outright terrible, personnel moves).

Pete Carroll

Pete Carroll? Are you kidding me? How often do u find All Pros in the 5 rounds? Good scouting doesn't wait till 5th rounds to draft all pros or pro bowlers. Sooner or later, that luck runs out. Have you seen his amazing 2013 and 2014 drafts? Yeah, "friends in all corners of the scouting world" my ass. Thats Pete Carroll...n he'll enjoy his prized QB he himself passed up on twice before picking him in the 3rd round.

Ur not on any medication are ya there buddy?

But yeah yeah like you say!

So   Parcells takes a team that was 1-15 and goes 9 and 7.   Really?? Coaching doesn't matter?

Why is it the same teams have drafted in the top 10 the last 20 years and have consistently been bad. THEY get a shot at good players every year.

Why ?? Because their management and coaching suck.

Pete Carroll? Are you kidding me? How often do u find All Pros in the 5 rounds? Good scouting doesn't wait till 5th rounds to draft all pros or pro bowlers. Sooner or later, that luck runs out. Have you seen his amazing 2013 and 2014 drafts? Yeah, "friends in all corners of the scouting world" my ass. Thats Pete Carroll...n he'll enjoy his prized QB he himself passed up on twice before picking him in the 3rd round.

no the 4th,5th 6th and 7th rounds are for guys you want to develop every now and then you get a guy that just gets the game faster then others but it does not happen often yeah im with you in the one.

Lol.

Give him his due credit for winning it all with a team capable of doing so, of course, but had anyone drafted Wilson ahead of Seattle (he went right around where he was expected to go), Carroll probably would have been fired within a year of what ended up being a championship season. It gets forgotten he was also the all knowing talent guru who pushed Flynn and Rice and throwing around draft picks for Leon and Lendale White (among other unworthy, if not outright terrible, personnel moves).

Lol oh your right my mistake

aTTENTION ALL

Everything I said about Carroll is complete bullsh*t

Carroll had nothing to do with USC success all those years...they were successful I spite of him

Carroll has had no part in Seattle success since 2010 in fact they sh just let him go since they can just hire. Chimpanzee since they have Russell Wilson

Carroll should just go back to mcdonalds

Sorry for the confusion

Have a wonderful jets football day

Go jets

#jflg_OK

Pete Carrol is a very good coach, He failed in NE because Kraft let Bobby Grier interfere in player matters too much. Bledose was constantly going to the owner and the players were constantly going to Grier to undermine him. Like Rex he belived football players  were men and not in most cases overgrown boys.  Then throw in playing under the shadow cast by Parcells, positoned him for failure. 

Lol

Don't really think Carroll is a great talent evaluator, but he sure can coach up the talent he's given.

College coaches are very involved in recruiting players. I'm sure he honed his talent evaluation skills in the college ranks. I like him as a coach, but that that team went from mediocre to Super Bowl because they found a franchise QB in the third round.

Didn't we have Pete Carroll?

Seattle is successful because they have good players. They hit it big with a 3rd round QB and a 6th round CB.

They didn't miss on that many draft picks. That's how you win. With good players.

We did, but the owner preferred a deez and doze guy.

So   Parcells takes a team that was 1-15 and goes 9 and 7.   Really?? Coaching doesn't matter?

Why is it the same teams have drafted in the top 10 the last 20 years and have consistently been bad. THEY get a shot at good players every year.

Parcels not only benefit from keyshawn and Crebet but also a xmillion investment into online the year before he got here.  He then proceeded to mortgage the future and he got lucky with a wash up interception machine!  Once he lost Vinny the house of cards came crumble down.

Parcels not only benefit from keyshawn and Crebet but also a xmillion investment into online the year before he got here. He then proceeded to mortgage the future and he got lucky with a wash up interception machine! Once he lost Vinny the house of cards came crumble down.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sparano took a 1-15 team and went 11-5.. :animal0029:

College coaches are very involved in recruiting players. I'm sure he honed his talent evaluation skills in the college ranks. I like him as a coach, but that that team went from mediocre to Super Bowl because they found a franchise QB in the third round.

We did, but the owner preferred a deez and doze guy.

True but it's a lot easier to get top players to come to USC in California then Boise state Idaho..

Archived