Now that our first round pick is significantly lower in value....

sourceworx

I read that in a article a couple of months ago. Of cpuse he says he will play hard in NFL in general. I just can't picture him redneck-ville or in those Creamsicle Sunshine State POS unis that Tampa plays in. But I have a massive hatred for Florida in general.

Honestly our best shot at Mariota is to hope the Jags, Raiders, or Titans get that #1 pick. Bucs are definitely drafting the kid. Which causes me great deals of pain, cause I to hate Florida.

Very True. No matter what we will get a good player. So long as we have the right GM.

I remember when Mangini came here, he had a vision, and he and Tanny executed on it well at first - build one of the best offensive lines in football. Simple really, but it has been a neglected priority for 6 years. Clichés like "ground and pound" are meaningless, Rex's vision for this team never extended beyond attacking the protection on defense (like his father taught him). I wasn't a fan of Mangini, at all, but at least with him there was a clear cut relationship between the coach and the GM in terms of what type of team they wanted to build and how they'd work together to do it. They fell short with Mangini's coaching and Favre's arm, frankly. 

The right coach and the right GM with a shared vision for what this team should be, and how to go about building and coaching it. 

We dont draft WR high. This Front office since Bradway got here never has. The only time we came close was Stephen Hill. Cooper has no shot to be drafted by us unless heads roll. 

Yup, I know, I've actually pointed this out on occasion - it's a damn shame. Bradway "pounded his fist" for Russell Wilson, and I'm sure his team of scouts are why we didn't choose a WR until well after we should have.

I read that in a article a couple of months ago. Of cpuse he says he will play hard in NFL in general. I just can't picture him redneck-ville or in those Creamsicle Sunshine State POS unis that Tampa plays in. But I have a massive hatred for Florida in general.

I tried searching the web for Mariota's fave team or where he'd like to play and couldn't find anything.

My guess is he'd prefer the west coast to be closer to Hawaii, but that could be wrong.

How do you know Bucs won't prefer Winston?

Mariota's a running qb who doesn't turn the ball over (Lovie and every defensive hc's wet dream). Their oc who left the team used to coach at Cal. Add on to the fact that Winston is turning the ball over a **** load, you have Mariota going #1. Only way this might change is if Winston get's hot in the playoffs and wins the National Championship.

I tried searching the web for Mariota's fave team or where he'd like to play and couldn't find anything.

My guess is he'd prefer the west coast to be closer to Hawaii, but that could be wrong.

I don't know. It's funny. But just because he's nice doesn't mean he has ego. I think what drives his ego is proving all the people wrong who doubt him. And it hasn't hurt that he said he would play for NY. Mariota wasn't even offered a scholarship from Hawaaii. That has to hurt. What's a bigger stage than NY.

He was actually asked today on one of the pre-game shows (before today's win when it was still a possibility) if he'd mind being drafted by the Jets. The implication being why on earth would you want to play for such a horrible franchise and would you kill yourself to avoid the possibility? REally, truly obnoxious from the 'reporting' on their part. Of course he said all the right things, and then they said well of course you'd say that. The media really loves to pile on the Jets. 

I don't know. It's funny. But just because he's nice doesn't mean he has ego. I think what drives his ego is proving all the people wrong who doubt him. And it hasn't hurt that he said he would play for NY. Mariota wasn't even offered a scholarship from Hawaaii. That has to hurt. What's a bigger stage than NY.

The superbowl.

Let's all hope Conner Cook changes his mind and decides to declare for the draft.

safest time for stud qb prospects to leave school is year after jets pick a qb in first 2 rounds. Cook will wait and come out next year while jets are in final season of destroying what ever poor SOB prospect they shanghai this year.

We dont draft WR high. This Front office since Bradway got here never has. The only time we came close was Stephen Hill. Cooper has no shot to be drafted by us unless heads roll. 

Bradway's first first round pick was Santana Moss, but yeah, they haven't done that since. 

Years ago, first round WRs had the highest bust rate of any position outside of (and maybe even including) QB. With all the passing in college in recent years, though, that's really not the case now. I used to understand avoiding the position high, but you can't do that anymore. The Jets have long preferred to get their WRs thru trades or free agency. It's an expensive and frightened way to fill the position. It's still early, but I'm kinda hoping for Cooper, too, right now. 

Archived