Message to fans who want Jets to lose

joewilly12

"They're not real fans," said safety Calvin Pryor, the Jets' first-round draft pick this year. "The object of the game is to win, and that's what we're going to try to do. We can't worry about draft picks or anything like that. We have a season to focus on. We have two more games left, and we're going to try to win them."

Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, one of the Jets' two first-round picks in 2013, echoed those sentiments.

"They're not my fans, bro," Richardson said.

Jets coach Rex Ryan wasn't quite as combative. But Jets fans rooting against his team annoys Ryan. He stopped short of showing exactly how irritated this makes him, when asked about his message to fans who want the Jets to lose for draft position.

"Tough you know what," Ryan said defiantly. "A real fan, a Jet fan wants to win. It doesn't matter what pick you get or whatever. If it's Peyton Manning out there, I can understand it, but I don't think Peyton Manning is out there. But either way, we're going to fight every game.

"Our fans, Jet fans want to win. Are you kidding me? We've only got two of them (wins), so I'm sure they're happy with it. For those who just want a draft pick, they really don't understand the heart of the players in the locker room. That doesn't sound like a Jet fan to me. A Jet fan is a tough guy and wants to win. That's what we gave our true Jet fans today."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The object of the game is to win...

These guys can go **** themselves.

Typical Rex-isms. Now he's using the fans to generate a chip on the shoulder. Fans of this team can think, do and say whatever the **** they want at this point. We've earned that right with every God-forsaken year, because we show up, whether we like it or not, unlike the sacks of crap who are on the Jets payroll. Who the **** are the players on this sh*t team to tell the fans otherwise?

You want to influence fan behavior? Win games. Otherwise, shut the **** up.

These type of reports always make me laugh because the reporters are interviewing pro athletes who (1) are with a team on average of less than 5 years while fans root for the team for a lifetime, and (2) pro athletes tend not to be fans of teams because rather than root for teams growing up they were more fans of individual players they emulated as they played sports.

So having these pro athletes attempt to school fans on what a "real fan" is, is comical.  Richardson, who presents himself as a real jackass, has no clue what it means to "live and die" with a team his whole life.

Lastly, there's an inherent conflict of interest between current players on a losing team and the fans, because fans are looking at long term while the current players are focusing on the present.  These players only care about having a good feeling after the game.

F#ck you.  Seriously. F#ck you.  Real fans live and die with this team. And they know this season is over and done with and have moved on to 2015.  The players are playing for a paycheck. They dont care what spot they draft or who's available. If they play like s#hit then no one will want them next year.

So stop telling us who a real fan is. Cause you have zero clue.  You're all worthless to us.

Can someone please tell me why these narcaccistic ****s always tell us how we have to consider their perspectives, but always sh*t on ours?

**** them.

They entered the game at 2-11. The only thing the fans have to look forward to is housecleaning and a high pick that can help change the group of players, coaches, scouts, etc. that led to this sh*tshow.  They are the people who swallowed this and will come back for more next year and the year after that and the year after that, as they have for decades of letdowns.

And they're dumping on these fans.

They owe the fans, not the other way around.

This whole team can go piss up a rope.

Wonder how well they'd take it if they saw a "true fan" poll that responds in kind. That they're not true Jets players with the performance they've put forth this season.

(Suspend one's knowledge of these guys are precisely true Jets players, historically speaking, from Geno Smith right down to the last practice squad scrub).

Funny how they're trying to win now. It sure didn't look like they were trying to win for most of the season.

F*ck Rex, and f*ck the players. You perform like utter dogsh!t this season, and now you have the balls to wag your fingers at us for looking towards next year?

I f*cking hate this team.

Wanting what's in the best interest of your teams future is all about being a true fan. Winning yesterday's game only satisfies those involved. Two weeks from today is Christmas

Thing is, it wasn't even a good win.  It'd be one thing if the Jets came out, played great, and gave you something to be excited about.  It's another thing to win because the other team sucks as much as you do, and squeak out a win because of two penalties, one legit, one ridiculous.

Ultimately, there was nothing positive to be taken from this game.

Archived