Message to fans who want Jets to lose

joewilly12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like most perpetual arguments, everybody's right.

-The players need to win now. Today. For them. For their career. You can't fault them for that.

-The Fans need to win period, but we root for the logo.  For the laundry.  Faces change, and we can wait a year (and sit through some losses) to get the right faces.

Thing is, it wasn't even a good win.  It'd be one thing if the Jets came out, played great, and gave you something to be excited about.  It's another thing to win because the other team sucks as much as you do, and squeak out a win because of two penalties, one legit, one ridiculous.

Ultimately, there was nothing positive to be taken from this game.

Yesterday's win was terrible on every level. Wife just yelled at me for being a little agitated this morning. That's life as a jet fan, lol.

If you are player with any pride in your work or job- and for your own security you better put out your best effort- fans can do and feel whatever they want to

Sure. But if yesterday was their best effort, then what's the point. It was a pathetic win against a pathetic team on their 4th string QB. If it was the Patriots or it knocked the Phins out of the playoffs, sure. I'm in for a win then. This win accomplished nothing except to bloat the egos of some terrible football management.

Criticizing fans is NEVER a good thing, absolutely nothing good can come out of that but because Rex talks, THEY ALL F*CKING TALK.

They can't fire this guy fast enough for me. He always has a lot to say after a meaningless game vs the dregs of the league.

A game that was gifted to him by the referees too.

I hate Woody Johnson for keeping Rex so he didn't have to eat two years of his contract.

Rex really is a stupid guy. His brain can't stop his lips from moving, worst type of public figure but also a reporters greatest asset.

Yesterday's win was terrible on every level. Wife just yelled at me for being a little agitated this morning. That's life as a jet fan, lol.

I've been dealing with my in-laws every day for the last week because my sister-in-law has been in from California for my daughter's first birthday.  That's why I'm in such a bad mood.

The Jets are just the icing on top.

I  did not say it was a great win for the franchise obviously- this game just showed we are a bad team as constructed and coached- I just expect the players to put maximum effort into it and not care

Exactly, current players don't give a damn about draft position...especially guys who know that the pick could be used to replace them.

good i hope they also remember come contract time that real fans would take a hometown discount to stay with the team. oh wait, you just want to go where you are paid the most? can't blame you but for a mercenary to call people who actually pay to follow the team "not real fans"... well, forgive me for puking.

Happy for the guys.  They needed that win.  Losing isnt fun.  They've been grinding through a terrible season and I'm sure this was a nice little treat for them to finally get a win.  Winning good.  Losing bad.

If the Jets had a GM who knew how to draft, losing 3 draft positions wouldnt be a big deal. 

For example, assuming the Jets just went from #3 overall to #6 overall, this how the last 4 drafts went:

2014: #3 Black Bortles - #6 Jake Matthews (Mike Evans went 7)

2013: #3 Dion Jordan - #6 Barkavious Mingo (Jonathan Copper went 7)

2012: #3 Trent Richardson - #6 Morris Clairborne (Mark Barron went 7)

2011: #3 Marcel Dareus - #6 Julio Jones (Aldon Smith went 7)

So there isnt one instance in the last 4 years that the #3 pick got a significantly better player than #6.  But lets freak out because well, lets just freak out.

I've been dealing with my in-laws every day for the last week because my sister-in-law has been in from California for my daughter's first birthday.  That's why I'm in such a bad mood.

The Jets are just the icing on top.

Haha, you win!

Happy 1st birthday to your daughter. Enjoy it now. Mine is almost 14, goes real fast.

TO Calvin Pryor and Rex Ryan.. Don't worry about us next Sunday afternoon your going to get your ass pummeled by Brady and the Cheaters. Although as a "Jet fan" I won't root for these a-holes my gut says Terrible Tom and his crew are going to eat you for breakfast. Lets see if you can keep you ass on the field all game without being benched.

Happy for the guys. They needed that win. Losing isnt fun. They've been grinding through a terrible season and I'm sure this was a nice little treat for them to finally get a win. Winning good. Losing bad.

If the Jets had a GM who knew how to draft, losing 3 draft positions wouldnt be a big deal.

For example, assuming the Jets just went from #3 overall to #6 overall, this how the last 4 drafts went:

2014: #3 Black Bortles - #6 Jake Matthews (Mike Evans went 7)

2013: #3 Dion Jordan - #6 Barkavious Mingo (Jonathan Copper went 7)

2012: #3 Trent Richardson - #6 Morris Clairborne (Mark Barron went 7)

2011: #3 Marcel Dareus - #6 Julio Jones (Aldon Smith went 7)

So there isnt one instance in the last 4 years that the #3 pick got a significantly better player than #6. But lets freak out because well, lets just freak out.

This is a great post for the "lose out for a higher draft pick" mentality.

There is absolutely no difference in having the 3rd pick or the 6th pick in the draft. And the 1st round pick will not determine the fate of the Jets.

It will be with high 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks that will shape the Jets future. They have to nail those picks.

Great post JiF!

I used to be a big fan of Rex Ryan, even through the last few rather dismal seasons, but that changed somewhere around midseason this year.  Now, with a comment like that, Woody Johnson can't fire him quickly enough.  

It would also be nice if Sheldon Richardson would just focus on playing football rather than running his mouth.      

There is absolutely no difference in having the 3rd pick or the 6th pick in the draft. And the 1st round pick will not determine the fate of the Jets.

It will be with high 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks that will shape the Jets future. They have to nail those picks.

Great post JiF!

Thanks Tx!  The funny thing is, I stopped at 4 years but the trend continues on and on.  If I wasnt lazy, I'd post them all.  Problem is for Jets fans, the only time it doesnt, was the Matt Ryan #3, Vernon Gholston #6 year.  So I'm sure Jets fans remember that all too well and cant get that year out of their heads.  

Or maybe they've seen how bad Idzik is and 3 spots scare them that much...I dont know. But this isnt a big deal.  They were never getting Mariota (who is far from a lock prospect).

Exactly right...

Nobody is telling them to throw the game - go out there and do what you want.  They should play to win and I don't think any fan is telling them otherwise..

BUT - we have every right as fans to want them to lose - there's no upside to winning at this point.

Great post JiF!

+1 to both JiF and Tx.

Ain't that somethin.

Or maybe they've seen how bad Idzik is and 3 spots scare them that much...I dont know. But this isnt a big deal. They were never getting Mariota (who is far from a lock prospect).

And here's the thing, if the Jets really feel Mariota is their guy, trade up and get him.

Not like they would be trading up from the 20th pick.

And here's the thing, if the Jets really feel Mariota is their guy, trade up and get him.

Not like they would be trading up from the 20th pick.

Exactly and thats what they will need to do if they want Mariota hopefully we will have a GM capable of doing that in place by the time the draft comes around. 

Thanks Tx!  The funny thing is, I stopped at 4 years but the trend continues on and on.  If I wasnt lazy, I'd post them all.  Problem is for Jets fans, the only time it doesnt, was the Matt Ryan #3, Vernon Gholston #6 year.  So I'm sure Jets fans remember that all too well and cant get that year out of their heads.  

Or maybe they've seen how bad Idzik is and 3 spots scare them that much...I dont know. But this isnt a big deal.  They were never getting Mariota (who is far from a lock prospect).

Of course he's a lock. Many Jets fans want him, and the Jets will not be able to draft him. Guy is gonna win 4 Super Bowls.

Of course he's a lock. Many Jets fans want him, and the Jets will not be able to draft him. Guy is gonna win 4 Super Bowls.

Have you heard my theory?  If the Jets drafted Mariota, we would soon find out he's a child molester and be the biggest bust ever.  Meanwhile, the team that took Winston would win a couple of Super Bowls and Winston would go on to be the next Mother Teresa.

Jets baby!!!

I hate how Rex always has to throw in that one stupid comment, he doesn't know when to stop...."It's not like there's a Payton Manning out there" - implying that justifies losing out - undoing his previous statements.

Suspect he will eat those words about Mariota sometime soon. Further Manning as a free agent wanted less than nothing to do with Rex Ryan. As Trent Dilfer and Steve Young have said, Rex Ryan has no idea what to do with QBs, and his emphasis on defense is so over the top that t pretty much makes developing a decent QB almos mpossible.

Yep. Most of the losers on this team won't be here next year and probably 80% of this abortion will be gone by 2016.

So let them talk all they want. They won their Super Bowl against a 2-12 team with a 3rd string QB, no LT, no WRs, and the worst run D in the league. And barely did that. I hope all the losers on this roster can feel some pride in that.

Because this Sunday, Rex will be getting his parting gift from Belichick, in a 40+ point @$$ whooping. I don't think Rex or his idiot players will have much to say next Sunday.

Aside from 6 or 7 players, they can cut the whole Damn team.

Dear Calvin Pryor,

If the Jets hadn't won meaningless games last year, we'd have Odell Beckham Jr. instead of you.

We'd be happy.

Warm Regards,

Real Jets Fans

Yes. Matt Ryan says hello as well.

Whats pathetic is we are being used to motivate the players and whats the outcome? Barely sneaking by a terrible team with loads of injures and a third string QB? What a pathetic team.

Archived