Message to fans who want Jets to lose

joewilly12

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy for the guys.  They needed that win.  Losing isnt fun.  They've been grinding through a terrible season and I'm sure this was a nice little treat for them to finally get a win.  Winning good.  Losing bad.

If the Jets had a GM who knew how to draft, losing 3 draft positions wouldnt be a big deal. 

For example, assuming the Jets just went from #3 overall to #6 overall, this how the last 4 drafts went:

2014: #3 Black Bortles - #6 Jake Matthews (Mike Evans went 7)

2013: #3 Dion Jordan - #6 Barkavious Mingo (Jonathan Copper went 7)

2012: #3 Trent Richardson - #6 Morris Clairborne (Mark Barron went 7)

2011: #3 Marcel Dareus - #6 Julio Jones (Aldon Smith went 7)

So there isnt one instance in the last 4 years that the #3 pick got a significantly better player than #6.  But lets freak out because well, lets just freak out.

Black Bortles?? What are you trying to say here JIF??? :winking0001:

I used to be a big fan of Rex Ryan, even through the last few rather dismal seasons, but that changed somewhere around midseason this year.  Now, with a comment like that, Woody Johnson can't fire him quickly enough.  

It would also be nice if Sheldon Richardson would just focus on playing football rather than running his mouth.      

Sheldon Richardson has at least shown he can be a strong contributor in the NFL - but yes - he should STFU and play football. 

Calvin Pryor can really STFU as he has shown very little.  

Because?

Because Mariota plays in an offense that is nothing like what he will have to use in the nfl. Because 35% of his throws go to his first read. Because PAC 12 defenses are soft and slow. He can light up Oregon St let me see him do that against the Seahawks or Pats. Winston plays in a pro style offense and is better at going through progressions.

Dear Calvin Pryor,

If the Jets hadn't won meaningless games last year, we'd have Odell Beckham Jr. instead of you.

We'd be happy.

Warm Regards,

Real Jets Fans 

Assuming Idzik and Rex would not have passed on Beckham.  Remember, except for Rex's handpicked QB, Mark Sanchez, every 1srt rounder under his rule has been defense, no matter who the GM was.  Strongly suspect that Woody has given Rex the unspoken blessing to dictate round 1 picks ever since he has been here.  And no, I don't have any secret videos, emails or texts to corroborate this.  Just my gut feeling.

Assuming Idzik and Rex would not have passed on Beckham.  Remember, except for Rex's handpicked QB, Mark Sanchez, every 1srt rounder under his rule has been defense, no matter who the GM was.  Strongly suspect that Woody has given Rex the unspoken blessing to dictate round 1 picks ever since he has been here.  And no, I don't have any secret videos, emails or texts to corroborate this.  Just my gut feeling.

rex cares more about his defensive resume than his HC resume; you don't need to provide any evidence to prove that :cheers:

Have you heard my theory?  If the Jets drafted Mariota, we would soon find out he's a child molester and be the biggest bust ever.  Meanwhile, the team that took Winston would win a couple of Super Bowls and Winston would go on to be the next Mother Teresa.

Jets baby!!!

This is exactly correct.

Because Mariota plays in an offense that is nothing like what he will have to use in the nfl. Because 35% of his throws go to his first read. Because PAC 12 defenses are soft and slow. He can light up Oregon St let me see him do that against the Seahawks or Pats. Winston plays in a pro style offense and is better at going through progressions.

Just make sure there are unlimited crab legs in buffet line

"They're not real fans," said safety Calvin Pryor, the Jets' first-round draft pick this year. "The object of the game is to win, and that's what we're going to try to do. We can't worry about draft picks or anything like that. We have a season to focus on. We have two more games left, and we're going to try to win them."

Defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, one of the Jets' two first-round picks in 2013, echoed those sentiments.

"They're not my fans, bro," Richardson said.

Jets coach Rex Ryan wasn't quite as combative. But Jets fans rooting against his team annoys Ryan. He stopped short of showing exactly how irritated this makes him, when asked about his message to fans who want the Jets to lose for draft position.

"Tough you know what," Ryan said defiantly. "A real fan, a Jet fan wants to win. It doesn't matter what pick you get or whatever. If it's Peyton Manning out there, I can understand it, but I don't think Peyton Manning is out there. But either way, we're going to fight every game.

"Our fans, Jet fans want to win. Are you kidding me? We've only got two of them (wins), so I'm sure they're happy with it. For those who just want a draft pick, they really don't understand the heart of the players in the locker room. That doesn't sound like a Jet fan to me. A Jet fan is a tough guy and wants to win. That's what we gave our true Jet fans today."

F**K YOU REX....JUST F**K YOU REX....you don't live with the pain of being a Jets fan..this is just your job...you get to move along to your next gig and forget the Jets. As a Jets fan you BLEED GREEN so any year you fail to get to the playoffs you are hurting. What benefit is there to winning after going 2-11? NONE YOU FAT F**K....NOT ONE F**KING BENEFIT. So Rex, and the rest of these fools should shut their F**KING FACES...they aren't hurting right now as much as Jets nation is hurting.

A***oles...the whole lot ofthem. They have no right to call out the fans....no right...f them.

LL

Living in the Florida Panhandle, we are exposed to a lot of FSU football. Even the most diehard FSU fans will tell you Winston is garbage. You knock Mariota because of his schedule but don't mention the cream puff schedule that Winston had the privilege to play against this year???

Mariota beat more top 25 teams this year than Winston. FSU went undefeated DESPITE Winston.

That's a very good analysis.

There were all kinds of rumors that they were targeting and trying to trade up for OBJ.  That's what I'm going on.

Damn Straight.

You don't want the Jets to win, go cheer for another team.  You cannot ask players to lose on purpose.  You don't make the NFL to quit after having a bad season so you can go out and get a QB who MIGHT be a good NFL player.  Mariota coming in here as the #1 pick could be a disaster.  Then what do the naysayers have to point to?  Dump him in two years?  Ask the team to lose so we can get another first overall pick?

What might actually be better is getting a shot at Amari Cooper, drafting a QB in the second round, let him sit and learn the game from a vet, and have the pieces in place so when the young guy comes in, he doesn't have to throw to the likes of David Nelson, Clyde Gates, Saalim Hakim.  Imagine, a young guy who has sat for a year, like a VAST majority of the best do, and then have Amari Cooper, Eric Decker, Jeremy Kerley, and possibly Percy Harvin to the throw to.

Mariota would get thrown right to the fire if he was drafted first overall......check history and see how that has worked out. Since 1995, out of the 12 QB's who have been drafted with the first overall pick, only two of them have won a Superbowl....and they both came from the same family.

You don't tell your players to lose. But you fire the HC at the bye. You then start playing the younger players to get them game experience. That way, come the end of this abortion of a season you know what the hell you have in Dozier, Enemkpali, Amaro, Graham, etc.

So when you win, you are actually building for the future.

In stead, we will win 3 games thjs, our 2nd worst record in franchise history. For comparison, 2014 is worse than every season of the 70's.

With that in mind, we still don't know a lot about the younger players. And we only beat TN because of a lame ass penalty.

So go root for Harvin, Babin, Pace, Colon, Johnson, etc. Because they all have exactly 2 games left as Jets.

And because they won, you can go root for Geno next season. Hope you enjoy more of the same next year.

And it is going to be difficult to lure the best HC candidates here with no possible solution at QB any where to be found.

Nice of the millionaire players to tell fans what to.do.

They should know that we will.still.be there rooting long after Cal.and Shel have me-vised off to wear some other uni for more dollars

Besides, with our Head Coach in Clown Shoes once again running out Gen0Marcus Smith at QB for his final.week, there is Zero chance of our winning in Miami next Sunday regardless of how we root.

I'll.be rooting for a nice upset road win by the Jaguars over the Texans to move us into the top 3 where maybe our new GM can find the ammo to trade us up.for the Duck after all and put an end to the Nightmare on Gen0 Street forever.

If not, Coop with the 3 or 4 and a QB who can actually learn to step up in the pocket and not run backwards in circles in a later round

First step has been taken. An actual football guy to organize the new GM search process. New GM hires new HC he wants. New HC hires Coaching staff.

Together new GM and new HC evaluate current players, get rid of some dead wood ( Bye Calvin,.Dewan,.Mike and others)and available FAs and prepare for the draft.

Archived