idzik and woody will whiff bad on HC search

jgb

nobody decent is coming to NY and joining the woody and idzik circus

no one proven decent, I agree. sure they could get lucky and bring in a college HC who makes the transition successfully, or a second time HC who failed in first job and has it click in his second (like it did with Belichick), but anyone who has any other options ain't coming to the Jets so John Freaking Idzik can overrule his sit/start decisions. 0% chance.

we are getting scott linehan or similar. i am telling you guys. if the reports are true, and idzik is involved and won't be fired, he will NEVER bring in a strong willed coach with star power. he is going to avoid any challenges or power struggles by getting a stooge who is just happy to be given the shot at hc chair again. mark my words: idzik = stiff hc and you can bet on that.

We don't need star power or strong willed - we need success..

success generally makes one strong willed--coaches with options (as successful ones have)--ain't coming to JETS. mark it.

I just don't buy that good coaches won't come here....I think that's a SOJF concept.

You're going to have a high draft pick, $60mm in cap space, have some key pieces in place...There's a lot to like about this opportunity.

The key is really WJ - He's going to have to pay BIG BUCKS, give the "winning" HC full control and agree to stay the F out of his way. 

It's not a "Jets" thing it's an ownership thing.

I just don't buy that good coaches won't come here....I think that's a SOJF concept.

You're going to have a high draft pick, $60mm in cap space, have some key pieces in place...There's a lot to like about this opportunity.

The key is really WJ - He's going to have to pay BIG BUCKS, give the "winning" HC full control and agree to stay the F out of his way. 

It's not a "Jets" thing it's an ownership thing.

hope you are right but fear you are not!

scott linehan and trade for cutler....championship!

lol. sadly both of those moves make us better. just shows how awful we are.

I was talking about this with John Schneider last week. He still speaks with Idzik on a regular basis. Idzik is not the main issue. Its Woody and only Woody. Nobody is signed without his approval, plus the top advisor on talent is Terry Bradway and is untouchable as per Woody.

I was talking about this with John Schneider last week. He still speaks with Idzik on a regular basis. Idzik is not the main issue. Its Woody and only Woody. Nobody is signed without his approval, plus the top advisor on talent is Terry Bradway and is untouchable as per Woody.

I always wondered what happened to the guy after "The Dukes of Hazzard".

K.

I don't know if you really know Schneider, but I will say that the bold is 100% accurate. 

While a lot of attention was paid to the fact that Rex was forced on the incoming GM, much less attention was paid to the fact that Bradway had to be kept on as head of scouting as well. 

Even if Idzik's fired on Black Monday (which sady I think he won't be), I guarantee Woody won't let the new guy can Bradway, which once again will severely limit our options.

I don't know if you really know Schneider, but I will say that the bold is 100% accurate. 

While a lot of attention was paid to the fact that Rex was forced on the incoming GM, much less attention was paid to the fact that Bradway had to be kept on as head of scouting as well. 

Even if Idzik's fired on Black Monday (which sady I think he won't be), I guarantee Woody won't let the new guy can Bradway, which once again will severely limit our options.

tumblr_mnrekenJck1qiamt0o1_400.gif

It won't be JUST another season like this one if we fail with our next HC. It'll be seasons like this for the next 4 years.

Then for the first time since I was a kid I will stop watching, buying tickets, etc. I did it with the Knicks, I'll do it with the Jets. I will always care just not into watching the train wreck. If Idzik stays and brings in a meh coach ill switch my focus onto the Mets who at least give me hope with their young arms.

Wonderful news. Thanks!

:bag:

If that's true, then why do the Jets need a GM?

If that clown is still here, and they whiff as he does on H.C and Q.B again. I may just take a sabbatical from the Jets for a couple of years.

I definitely will. I have followed the Jets for 46 years now and I am tired of the stupidity being repeated and repeated and repeated. Insanity is doing the same thing but expecting a different result. If Rex stays, I am for sure gone - forever. Idzik has to go also, or it is for nothing. I agree that he will not hire ANY coach with a backbone to stand up to him. I can't even contemplate staying to watch the disaster that will follow.

Archived