How can you whiff on 12 picks in one draft

Jets723

I understand not every pick will work out but to have none is hard to do. i do like Amaro and he has done some good things so i should take him off the list but how in the world does a GM strike out on 11 other picks.  Idzik should have already been gone along with the scouts

I understand not every pick will work out but to have none is hard to do. i do like Amaro and he has done some good things so i should take him off the list but how in the world does a GM strike out on 11 other picks.  Idzik should have already been gone along with the scouts

It was a bad draft, but still a few guys yet to play.  We really have no idea what Ik, Dozier, Enunwa, Evans, and Reilly can do.  Chances are, they won't be very good, but it's a bit premature to say they can't play when we haven't seen t hem yet.  Ik has looked good in his very limited action, might be a player and teammates have raved what they've seen from him in practice.

It was a bad draft, but still a few guys yet to play.  We really have no idea what Ik, Dozier, Enunwa, Evans, and Reilly can do.  Chances are, they won't be very good, but it's a bit premature to say they can't play when we haven't seen t hem yet.  Ik has looked good in his very limited action, might be a player and teammates have raved what they've seen from him in practice.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that none of them have much of a future in the NFL.  Call it a hunch, if you will. 

thats fair.   maybe i was a little too strong but with 12 picks you would expect a little better result

thats fair.   maybe i was a little too strong but with 12 picks you would expect a little better result

Agreed...it's been an absolute disaster to this point, but I'm still hopeful for Ik, Enunwa, and Dozier.  I also think Reilly could be a solid back-up/depth guy.  Evans, not sure what to think because I haven't seen anything or read much of anything positive from those who have seen him.

I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that none of them have much of a future in the NFL.  Call it a hunch, if you will. 

If I had to bet on it, the smart money would go on "they'll all suck" based on Idzik's track record.  However, I think Ik does have great burst/speed off the edge to at least be a good situational pass-rusher.  Either way, best case scenario is probably that 3-4 of his 12 picks will be solid players....not good.

Let's also remember that idzik had the easiest task of any GM in this draft. Even a mediocre draft would've produced some replacements for one of the least talented rosters in the NFL. Not like he was tasked with trying to find replacements for studs.

If I had to bet on it, the smart money would go on "they'll all suck" based on Idzik's track record.  However, I think Ik does have great burst/speed off the edge to at least be a good situational pass-rusher.  Either way, best case scenario is probably that 3-4 of his 12 picks will be solid players....not good.

Pryor and Amaro are going to be JAG type players who will have a career in the league.  I wouldnt bank on another player from that draft being able to say the same.  I see a lot of these guys seeing the league average 3 years, barely being heard of and then will soon be selling cars in their home town. 

Pryor and Amaro are going to be JAG type players who will have a career in the league.  I wouldnt bank on another player from that draft being able to say the same.  I see a lot of these guys seeing the league average 3 years, barely being heard of and then will soon be selling cars in their home town. 

Yep...smart money says you're right, but hoping our blind squirrel found a few nuts.

Look at his two drafts.  They are awful.  This year alone:

1.  Pryor:  Everyone had him where we picked him.  Maybe you go with best available but the Jets had so many other needs and players in the 20's were still good.  I would've went with Cooks WR need or traded back and taken Benjamin or someone.

2.  Amaro:  Looks promising.  Maybe with the right coach can become something.  Me personally I'm not a fan of a tight end in the first two rounds and would've went for best available.

3.  McDougle:  Lets see what happens.  Injury concern and people say he could've been had in the 4th.  Many wr who could've helpes.

4.  Saunders:  Huge reach.  Awful pick with Martivous Bryant available.

4.  Evans:  Injured picked in the right spot.  Hopefully can help next year.

4.  Dozier:  Picked in the right spot.  Hopefully a red shirt year like Aboushi and can contribute

5.  George:  On the Jaguars

6.  Dixon:  on the Bucs

6.  Enuwa:  On practice squad

6.  IK:  Like what I see.  Hopefully makes strides next year.

6.  Boyd:  Waste of a pick.  

7.  Reilly:  Helping out.  7th round pick on the team not bad.

With 12 picks trade up for what you need.  Didn't do it.  Took reaches.  Awful job and he needs to go.

Let's also remember that idzik had the easiest task of any GM in this draft. Even a mediocre draft would've produced some replacements for one of the least talented rosters in the NFL. Not like he was tasked with trying to find replacements for studs.

Five picks spent at the desperate need positions of CB and WR, and not a single one of them has even contributed. That's pretty amazing.  

Five picks spent at the desperate need positions of CB and WR, and not a single one of them has even contributed. That's pretty amazing.  

That's all anyone needs to know about John Idzik's qualifications for the job.  How he didn't get a decent WR in one of the two most WR stocked drafts in NFL history is beyond me and shows just how incompetent he is.  

That's all anyone needs to know about John Idzik's qualifications for the job.  How he didn't get a decent WR in one of the two most WR stocked drafts in NFL history is beyond me and shows just how incompetent he is.  

33 WRs were drafted the Jets drafted WRs only ones without catches in the NFL this season. 

I understand not every pick will work out but to have none is hard to do. i do like Amaro and he has done some good things so i should take him off the list but how in the world does a GM strike out on 11 other picks. Idzik should have already been gone along with the scouts

1. Go find a team that you think drafts well

2. Count how many of their picks over the last three years are contributors

3. Astonish yourself at the ratio of those players to absolute trash.

he couldn't replace david nelson in the deepest WR draft in recent memory. OFF WITH HIS HEAD

JOhn Idzik screwed Rex with this roster. It's that simple. They are spending 95-100 mil on a 133 mil cap (the cap reads 118 mil because of dead space to Cro, Sanchez and Holmes) Not even Vince Lombardi would have this team winning games. 

and people think that harbaugh is coming here to learn from the Wonderful Idzard after he sabotaged the prior HC. never gonna happen. they won't be able to give this job away. Idzik was famous before coming here compared to whatever turd they hire for HC. If you are going to keep Idzik you might as well keep Rex. You aren't doing any better with Dipzik still here.

JOhn Idzik screwed Rex with this roster. It's that simple. They are spending 95-100 mil on a 133 mil cap (the cap reads 118 mil because of dead space to Cro, Sanchez and Holmes) Not even Vince Lombardi would have this team winning games. 

This reads like a rexey "exotic" blitz lol

Yes poor Rex argument comes out again- we have a  head coach and GM that need to be replaced

yes all or nothing. keeping just idzik dooms us to another trip around the carousel of not getting good candidates because everyone knows GM is embattled and if he gets fired they will, too.

Done with this. just wipe slate clean.

I want John Idzik as far away from this team as possible the guy is an IDIOT 

he is a very smart person. but he is not a Football Man. you need Football Man to make Football Decisions. Idzik is Math Man. he can balance the books. But only Football Man can save us.

We had 12 draft picks and had to trade for a kick returner/punt returner by midseason.

Archived