Hire Scot McCloughan as GM

Jack Straw

Why not hire the guy who built the 49ers and the Seahawks? He's had his share of personal issues but it didn't stop Woody from hiring Rex. McClough was responsible for drafting Dashon Goldson, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis during his time as 49ers GM. With the Seahawks, he helped identify players such as Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner.

Per this ESPN article, scouts are already lining up at his doorstep (literally) saying they want to come work for him at his next job. With little effort, he'd be able to completely gut our scouting department and fill it with his vast network. He's in the loop with what's going on with this year's draft class, as he currently runs his own scouting consulting business.

So my question is, why not? For more background on McCloughan, give this article a read...

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

Why not hire the guy who built the 49ers and the Seahawks? He's had his share of personal issues but it didn't stop Woody from hiring Rex. McClough was responsible for drafting Dashon Goldson, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis during his time as 49ers GM. With the Seahawks, he helped identify players such as Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner.

Per this ESPN article, scouts are already lining up at his doorstep (literally) saying they want to come work for him at his next job. With little effort, he'd be able to completely gut our scouting department and fill it with his vast network. He's in the loop with what's going on with this year's draft class, as he currently runs his own scouting consulting business.

So my question is, why not? For more background on McCloughan, give this article a read...

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/12014699/scot-mccloughan-nfl-best-talent-scout-self-employed-living-farm

Read this the other day and wondered the same thing.  Wouldn't mind at all.

He's got a drinking problem.  Does he have it under control yet???  I could imagine what

the reaction from the "peanut gallery" would be if we hired him and he fell off the wagon 

Never new the situation, figured it was something like a sick parent or kid or something...he's a drinker?  That's why he resigned? 

He's got a drinking problem.  Does he have it under control yet???  I could imagine what

the reaction from the "peanut gallery" would be if we hired him and he fell off the wagon 

Literally or metaphorically? 

By darts you mean Terry Bradway?

I was reading a lot of things before the draft & I have to say that we have fans that post on these boards that would have drafted better than Idzik based on their choices during the draft.

There was a lot of animosity regarding the Pryor pick ( not that fans thought he sucked but more so for ignoring the offense again)

Hindsite is 20/20 but he should have taken any offensive player over Pryor whether it was a WR or an Olineman.

Archived