Cornerbacks

Freemanm

I know everyone's talking quarterback this offseason, and we definitely need one. But I also want to talk about the position that Idziot totally fumbled the ball on in the offseason - cornerbacks. I first want to say that Idziot's handling of this position in the offseason was so stupid that it makes me seriously wonder if the Jets would be better off if Woody replaced Idziot with a mentally challenged monkey as GM. That said, in free agency, the Jets need to go after Chris Harris from the Broncos, and hard. If Idzik doesn't do that, than he is even more incompetent than any of us ever imagined. In the draft, if Mariota and Winston are gone, take Tran Wayne if still available.

I hope Idziot is gone after black Monday, but if not, at least show that he has some sort of rudimentary knowledge of the game of football beyond a five year old. .

I know everyone's talking quarterback this offseason, and we definitely need one. But I also want to talk about the position that Idziot totally fumbled the ball on in the offseason - cornerbacks. I first want to say that Idziot's handling of this position in the offseason was so stupid that it makes me seriously wonder if the Jets would be better off if Woody replaced Idziot with a mentally challenged monkey as GM. That said, in free agency, the Jets need to go after Chris Harris from the Broncos, and hard. If Idzik doesn't do that, than he is even more incompetent than any of us ever imagined. In the draft, if Marital and Winston are gone, take Tran Wayne if still available.

I hope Idziot is gone after black Monday, but if not, at least show that he has some sort of rudimentary knowledge of the game of football beyond a five year old. .

Harris signed an extension two or three days ago.

This is the problem with having all sorts of cap space. No one to spend it on. 

The Jets had the best CB in the league and now he's dominating with the Pats. 

But don't worry, they have cap space. 

I know everyone's talking quarterback this offseason, and we definitely need one. But I also want to talk about the position that Idziot totally fumbled the ball on in the offseason - cornerbacks. I first want to say that Idziot's handling of this position in the offseason was so stupid that it makes me seriously wonder if the Jets would be better off if Woody replaced Idziot with a mentally challenged monkey as GM. That said, in free agency, the Jets need to go after Chris Harris from the Broncos, and hard. If Idzik doesn't do that, than he is even more incompetent than any of us ever imagined. In the draft, if Mariota and Winston are gone, take Tran Wayne if still available.

Frankly, Im not sure who Tran Wayne, but I guess you meant Trae Waynes. And Chris Harris is gone, as mentioned in the post above. Jets can't another bust at CB. I hope they go after a proven CB in the FA that can start NOW. Im hoping we pick up either Jameis or Amari Cooper in the draft. If both are gone, it would be wise to trade back the middle of the 1st round while picking up a 2nd day pick.

Yeah i hope we go after Revis in the FA. I doubt he'll come back. Not unless Rex is here. He's now a pipedream with Rex almost out the door.

The bad new is, most of the guys on the FA list are the same guys on it last year - Flowers, Cromartie, Revis, Tillman, Thurmond, Tarrell Brown.  I have a feeling we will get some mid-level stiff and/or and old guy and roll with the IR guys and Walls.  Ike Taylor, Tramon Williams and Kareem Jackson do not inspire confidence.

The bad new is, most of the guys on the FA list are the same guys on it last year - Flowers, Cromartie, Revis, Tillman, Thurmond, Tarrell Brown.  I have a feeling we will get some mid-level stiff and/or and old guy and roll with the IR guys and Walls.  Ike Taylor, Tramon Williams and Kareem Jackson do not inspire confidence.

Wanted Cro back last yr. He'll be 31 in 2015. Not very old actually. He'd be fine back here. A Revis-Cro-Milliner trio would work great. Looking at about $15mil to spend on them though.

Wanted Cro back last yr. He'll be 31 in 2015. Not very old actually. He'd be fine back here. A Revis-Cro-Milliner trio would work great. Looking at about $15mil to spend on them though.

They have been dealing with Cro for years and I don't think they like him.  I was one of the few that like Milliner from 2013 through the preseason and his limited looks in 2014, but he we can't count on a guy coming off an achilles tear.  IIRC, Testaverde took forever and he was a statue to begin with.  I think it will be more likely we can expect Wall-Buster Skrine-McDougle.

They have been dealing with Cro for years and I don't think they like him.  I was one of the few that like Milliner from 2013 through the preseason and his limited looks in 2014, but he we can't count on a guy coming off an achilles tear.  IIRC, Testaverde took forever and he was a statue to begin with.  I think it will be more likely we can expect Wall-Buster Skrine-McDougle.

McDougle is coming off an ACL and will not've played in a game in two years by the time he gets back on the field. Hard to count on him at all, either. 

McDougle is coming off an ACL and will not've played in a game in two years by the time he gets back on the field. Hard to count on him at all, either. 

Haha.  The last thing I would do is count on McDougle.  That was what I think we can expect, not what I think we should expect.  Of course, if we get a new GM all bets are off.

Neither of our young, hurt, drafted Corners should be counted on for 2015.

Cornerback is probably our #1 need after Quarterback currently.

With that said, I still draft WR in the first round and QB in the 3rd/4th. 

Corner you're going to have to fill with 2nd Rounder and Free Agency.

I'll be completely honest, no way did I expect Revis to play like he has this year. He's been outstanding.

QB's have a 41% completion percentage throwing to the WR covered by Revis.

Can't ask for more than that.

I'll be completely honest, no way did I expect Revis to play like he has this year. He's been outstanding.

QB's have a 41% completion percentage throwing to the WR covered by Revis.

Can't ask for more than that.

Revis is going to Canton. The only question is what uniform will he be wearing when he gets there. 

Has Rex ever had to coach a defense that was weak at CB & Safety in the Pros?

You know it's that chicken or the egg question. In Baltimore he was coaching one of the best defenses in the HISTORY of professional football! Suggs, Ngata, Lewis, Reed, & on and on.

Then in NY he had 2 of the best CBs in their prime! One of them Revis may be top 5 EVER and a sure HOFer.

This almost smells like Barry Switzer winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnsons Cowboys or Caldwell winning 14 games with Payton at QB.

As soon as that talent eroded (which really stings because Rex had done nothing but pick defense at the top of the draft)

He's bottom of the barrel!

Did you see that stat regarding our defense on 3rd down? Holy sh*t! 6 years of defensive picks & FA pick ups & to be 31st in anything with a supposed defensive genius at HC is inexcusable!

You take that stat & add in the fact that our offense has been neglected the entire time he's been here except when Tanny traded for Edwards & Holmes, he should have definitely been fired after the azz whooping he got from the Bills after our bye.

It's one thing to have confidence but to make a statement like " we are a zillion times better than the last time we played" , get absolutely azz raped after coming off a bye, is a fireable offense!

I was just looking at the corners drafted for sh*ts and giggles.  There probably isnt a higher bust potential than any other position the NFL.

Hard job.  Especially nowadays.  

When you get a good one, its really behooves you to keep them around. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1936&year_max=2013&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=DB&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

I was just looking at the corners drafted for sh*ts and giggles.  There probably isnt a higher bust potential than any other position the NFL.

Hard job.  Especially nowadays.  

When you get a good one, its really behooves you to keep them around. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/draft-finder.cgi?request=1&year_min=1936&year_max=2013&type=&round_min=1&round_max=30&slot_min=1&slot_max=500&league_id=&team_id=&pos=DB&college_id=all&conference=any&show=all

I go back and forth on Revis...the guy is a douche. But as simply as Bit put it, when you have the best one you keep him. He wasn't preventing us from doing anything.

Do you honestly believe it was a smart move to sign Revis to a 16M contract ??

Has Rex ever had to coach a defense that was weak at CB & Safety in the Pros?

You know it's that chicken or the egg question. In Baltimore he was coaching one of the best defenses in the HISTORY of professional football! Suggs, Ngata, Lewis, Reed, & on and on.

Then in NY he had 2 of the best CBs in their prime! One of them Revis may be top 5 EVER and a sure HOFer.

This almost smells like Barry Switzer winning a Super Bowl with Jimmy Johnsons Cowboys or Caldwell winning 14 games with Payton at QB.

As soon as that talent eroded (which really stings because Rex had done nothing but pick defense at the top of the draft)

He's bottom of the barrel!

Did you see that stat regarding our defense on 3rd down? Holy sh*t! 6 years of defensive picks & FA pick ups & to be 31st in anything with a supposed defensive genius at HC is inexcusable!

You take that stat & add in the fact that our offense has been neglected the entire time he's been here except when Tanny traded for Edwards & Holmes, he should have definitely been fired after the azz whooping he got from the Bills after our bye.

It's one thing to have confidence but to make a statement like " we are a zillion times better than the last time we played" , get absolutely azz raped after coming off a bye, is a fireable offense!

And the only reason Holmes and Edwards were signed was because Rex had struggles coaching against them when he was with the Ravens.

Dead on, this guy is really pissing me off.

He can't cover anyone without clutching and grabbing.

I swear, he alone will cost the Pats a Super Bowl.

That is his game though.  It is not like it is a new habit.  The Patriots knew what they were getting.

All things being equal, I will take his penalties because unlike last year, I have faith the Patriots can get teams off the field on thrid down at some point.     

That is his game though. It is not like it is a new habit. The Patriots knew what they were getting.

All things being equal, I will take his penalties because unlike last year, I have faith the Patriots can get teams off the field on thrid down at some point.

Then somebody needs to send him the memo about the rule changes.

He's going to cost us big time.

Archived