Why Is Rex Made Of Teflon???

KRL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To infuse confidence in him. That tattoo argument is going nowhere. 

Clearly...Rex homers that believe a below 500 coach is great will not see facts. I get it.

All good HC's tatoo their sub par QB on their arm.  

You are what your record says you are.

Rex has drafted/ developed how many good players in 6 years?? 3 or 4 at most.

Not to mention is awesome coaches pick....  The terminator.

Nice to see you haven't lost your ability to kill Rex to the very last..LOL Question for you if he never adjusted how did the Jets shut out the Steelers in the 2nd half of the AFCCG and the Jet O score 16 of their 19 points in the 2nd half??

Savage, you do know Rex destroyed the Jets more than CuMar ever did?

Clearly...Rex homers that believe a below 500 coach is great will not see facts. I get it.

Barely below 500 with the leagues worst QB play over that time. Too bad, we didn't have Brady fall in to our laps. 

Good HCs only cut their sleeves n wear a hoody. 

True. We are a 3-11 team with 3-11 talent put together by our incompetent GM that wanted Rex gone from the get go.

Slauson has started every game. Greene gave us two 1k yard seasons. Wilkerson. Powell is a reliable RB. Kerley is a good Slot WR. Antonio Allen, Demario Davis, Quinton Coples (as DE), Sheldon Rich, and a few more where the jury is still out or have potential (Milliner, Amaro, Pryor, Dexter). How many did Mangina develop in his 3 yrs outside of the four we've talked about?

Terminator is still in the league starting at his position...a position that is almost phased out. "oh, but he cost us the #1 overall pick"...well, "you play to win the game". 

Maybe they should be doing what they get paid for instead?? Plus they can turn off avatars if they want..

You can turn off avatars? Didn't know that. That avatar turns on people, so they tend to forget to turn it off ;)

Not true at all.. First Rex should have been gone with Tanny, Woody keeping him on is not the way to run a team. 2nd most of us sane fans realize Rex isn't a complete HC and spends his time with just 1/3 of the team is the way to get canned which he will on Black Monday..And last most of us sane fans don't see the daily bashing of Rex as a positive thing unless of course it serves a purpose on saving on Psychiatric help for those that clearly need it..  3ztzsjm.gif     

Savage, you do know Rex destroyed the Jets more than CuMar ever did?

Hmmm in terms of years you have a point but 14 yds rushing in a AFCCG and fumbling in the first game the next season that cost us Vinny is right up there for a 2 year span.. He also destroyed the Pats hope of going to another AFCCG as well.. Of course when it comes to killing Pat Bowl wins no one did it better then the 9-7 and 10-6 NY Giants.. 121fs725372.gif

Barely below 500 with the leagues worst QB play over that time. Too bad, we didn't have Brady fall in to our laps. 

Good HCs only cut their sleeves n wear a hoody. 

True. We are a 3-11 team with 3-11 talent put together by our incompetent GM that wanted Rex gone from the get go.

Slauson has started every game. Greene gave us two 1k yard seasons. Wilkerson. Powell is a reliable RB. Kerley is a good Slot WR. Antonio Allen, Demario Davis, Quinton Coples (as DE), Sheldon Rich, and a few more where the jury is still out or have potential (Milliner, Amaro, Pryor, Dexter). How many did Mangina develop in his 3 yrs outside of the four we've talked about?

Terminator is still in the league starting at his position...a position that is almost phased out. "oh, but he cost us the #1 overall pick"...well, "you play to win the game". 

Wow....  some of us really talk up mediocrity.  No wonder Woody sees no need to improve.  Greene? Coples? and you even had to list the injured players to make a point.

I heard rex coached up mark too.. oh wait, Rex never attended Offensive meetings.

Im sure you are a terrific fan.  We just disagree on REX. LOVED him and supported him coming back.  Now im done though. 

Not true at all.. First Rex should have been gone with Tanny, Woody keeping him on is not the way to run a team. 2nd most of us sane fans realize Rex isn't a complete HC and spends his time with just 1/3 of the team is the way to get canned which he will on Black Monday..And last most of us sane fans don't see the daily bashing of Rex as a positive thing unless of course it serves a purpose on saving on Psychiatric help for those that clearly need it..  3ztzsjm.gif     

YOU SIR are not a REX homer....   

Sorry JiF, but a "damn good" HC doesn't go 4 years without a winning record and sniffing the playoffs. Not to mention an overall sub .500 winning percentage.

Rex was way in over his head the day he accepted the job. He is not a leader whatsoever. He'd rather the players like him rather than respect him.

Can't wait to watch him next year on the pre-games shows, he will be great.

Yet anyone who's ever played for him or coached with him respects the hell out of him and thinks the world of his ability as a coach.  

I mean I know a bunch of fans on a website know more than those connected to the league, so I should ignore all that, but still...makes you wonder what they see and we dont?  

BTW, what was BB's record when he was with Cleveland? How many winning seasons did he have?  What was his playoff record?  I know, I know...that was different, right?  lulza

Wow....  some of us really talk up mediocrity.  No wonder Woody sees no need to improve.  Greene? Coples? and you even had to list the injured players to make a point.

I heard rex coached up mark too.. oh wait, Rex never attended Offensive meetings.

Im sure you are a terrific fan.  We just disagree on REX. LOVED him and supported him coming back.  Now im done though. 

You said good players. Greene was good for us. Ask the Patriots fans. Coples is good as a DE. I pointed out the injured players because I think Milliner will be good next yr. 

I guess we can agree to disagree. 

Yet anyone who's ever played for him or coached with him respects the hell out of him and thinks the world of his ability as a coach.  

I mean I know a bunch of fans on a website know more than those connected to the league, so I should ignore all that, but still...makes you wonder what they see and we dont?  

BTW, what was BB's record when he was with Cleveland? How many winning seasons did he have?  What was his playoff record?  I know, I know...that was different, right?  lulza

Well how many playoff wins does BB have in NE without Brady? 

You know what some people forget?? The Tuna with the Pats had a 500 record for his 4 years as HC and he had the 1st pick in the draft Bledsoe maybe that's why he passed on Manning??

Do you think Flacco would have developed under REX???

I don't know who did BB develop with the Browns?? Here's the thing I disagree with the HC developing QB's.. Unless your Bill Walsh or a HC that was a former QB like Harbaugh I don't think it's their job to develop them.. I do think it's their job to hire the right coaches to make sure they get the best coaching to succeed in the NFL..  

As evidenced by the legion of free agents who broke down the door to play for him, as well as all those coaches who ran for the exits when they had the chance.

As evidenced by the legion of free agents who broke down the door to play for him, as well as all those coaches who ran for the exits when they had the chance.

Who ran for the exits?  Pettine?  Please.  Schottenheimer?  Dunbar is one of the most respected guys in the league and he came here and stays.  I have never heard Sutton say a bad word about him and most of the people that like what he has done claim he is running "Ryan's defense."  

I dont give a fukk about BB. I asked about Flacco.  John Harbaugh was hired over REX by a team that KNEW Rex very well.

The HC's job is to surround himself with people that can do the job.

he hasn't.

I agree he hasn't.  The question is what chance has he had?  Mornhinweg and Lee are well respected and seem to know what they are doing.  Schottenheimer was forced on him.  I am a conspiracy theorist in that Sparano is a Parcells guy, but even blaming Rex 100% for Sparano, he moved on pretty quick from that abomination.  This is more proof of the meddling lack of chain of command probleme that we all agree.  NO that does not mean that I think Rex deserves more time, just that it is hard to figure out who is wrong when around here.  It's just easy to tell they are wrong. 

Who ran for the exits?  Pettine?  Please.  Schottenheimer?  Dunbar is one of the most respected guys in the league and he came here and stays.  I have never heard Sutton say a bad word about him and most of the people that like what he has done claim he is running "Ryan's defense."  

I agree he hasn't.  The question is what chance has he had?  Mornhinweg and Lee are well respected and seem to know what they are doing.  Schottenheimer was forced on him.  I am a conspiracy theorist in that Sparano is a Parcells guy, but even blaming Rex 100% for Sparano, he moved on pretty quick from that abomination.  This is more proof of the meddling lack of chain of command probleme that we all agree.  NO that does not mean that I think Rex deserves more time, just that it is hard to figure out who is wrong when around here.  It's just easy to tell they are wrong. 

Fair enough but his ONLY 2 winning seasons were under Shotty and we all hated Shotty. Once REX picks a guy, we suck.  Coincidence???

Give Rex talent that can play and Rex can win.

Idzk screwed Rex with his drafting of replacements. Geno is worse than Sanchez.

The 2009 and 2010 Rex teams were good enough to win Super Bowls. Rex screwed up going all in on Sanchez in 09 and the Jets D was spent after the NE game in 10. I will always believe that if the Jets had a competent Vet behind Center in 09 and 10 they would have won at least one of those AFCC and likely the Super Bowl.

Rex is very personable and he goes out of his way (or at least pre-Idizik) to be media accommodating. He got blasted for not knowing what was going on in the locker room and his handling of the team in 2012, Since then the talent on the team itself has been regarded as poor so not much is expected in performance except by fans of the team. 

If the team had more perceived talent, then he would be blasted. The team in most games play hard, the talent just is not there. When the jets were the most talented team (except at QB and WR) they beat the pats in the playoffs once and went to two CC games.

He is not a coach for a developing team, but for a team that is on the cusp of the playoffs.

Archived