So we lost by winning, now what? Ifnot Mariotta then who?

Latinlawyer

Please spare me the Winston argument..the guy is Jamarcus Russell part 2.

If we can't draft Marriota then who? Connor Cook? Someone have any idea who would be a good pick....anyone but Winson though...that is a trainwreck wating to happen in the NFL...

LL

F U Rex....you should have laid down the rest of the season...you really f'ed the Jets in the tight butthole...ugh

Tampa are pretty much certain for the #1 spot anyway (Packers & Saints to go), so even if we lost we'd still likely not get Mariota.

And is Mariota actually THAT good - or just the best of a mediocre bunch?

IMO the best of a mediocre bunch.

If Connor Cook declares he's the no brainer pick at #6. He's the best pure pocket passer of the bunch.

Amari Cooper WR is in play at #6 and all OL prospects obviously.

If we can't draft Marriota then who? Connor Cook? Someone have any idea who would be a good pick....anyone but Winson though...that is a trainwreck wating to happen in the NFL...

LL

F U Rex....you should have laid down the rest of the season...you really f'ed the Jets in the tight butthole...ugh

The fact that you compare Winston to Russell totally negates anything further you have to say. Go back and study the tape before making another ridiculous thread. There are plenty of QB threads that don't have the feel that they were written by a seventh grader. 

The fact that you compare Winston to Russell totally negates anything further you have to say. Go back and study the tape before making another ridiculous thread. There are plenty of QB threads that don't have the feel that they were written by a seventh grader. 

LOL. Man your harsh, but correct.

I think the best course of action will be to beef up the O-Line. That will allow the running game to flourish.  Add a game manager QB who doesn't turn the ball over, and we will be able to compete.

Find a way to keep Percy Harvin.  Say what you will, but the guy is a dangerous player.

Then sign Iupati in free agency, and draft the top OT with our first pick.

Dump Chris Johnson.  Go with Ivory, Powell, and Harvin.

Sign a Matt Moore type to start at QB, and draft Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty in the middle rounds to sit and learn.

If Connor Cook declares he's the no brainer pick at #6. He's the best pure pocket passer of the bunch.

Cooper is not in play at 6, he will go in top 3 imo, Great player, hard worker, class kid ,...... zero baggage, as I predicted the next Jerry Rice

LL

Winston is exactly like Jamarcus Russell - other than the fact that he's in excellent physical condition, can throw with accuracy and read a defense.

I think the best course of action will be to beef up the O-Line. That will allow the running game to flourish.  Add a game manager QB who doesn't turn the ball over, and we will be able to compete.

Find a way to keep Percy Harvin.  Say what you will, but the guy is a dangerous player.

Sign a Matt Moore type to start at QB, and draft Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty in the middle rounds to sit and learn.

I agree that we need to put resources into the O-Line.  I'm bored with the idea of drafting O line but it needs to be done.  If we had just grabbed Gabe Jackson instead of Mcdougle this past draft - or Larry Warford instead of Winters last year (would've had to trade up slightly in the 3rd for this) but those were 2 interior lineman I really wanted at the time.

This draft is very deep in O line, take a tackle prospect, put him on the Right side until after Brick's contract doesn't make sense anymore, in another two years I think. 

Can Giaco get moved inside to Guard? 

What on earth makes u guys think Matt Moore is the answer even short term? He had a good game against us 5 years ago OMFG. At least the Jake Locker nonsense is over

I agree that we need to put resources into the O-Line. I'm bored with the idea of drafting O line but it needs to be done. If we had just grabbed Gabe Jackson instead of Mcdougle this past draft - or Larry Warford instead of Winters last year (would've had to trade up slightly in the 3rd for this) but those were 2 interior lineman I really wanted at the time.

This draft is very deep in O line, take a tackle prospect, put him on the Right side until after Brick's contract doesn't make sense anymore, in another two years I think.

Can Giaco get moved inside to Guard?

We're signing Iupati in free agency. I think we should keep colon for 1 more year he's been a good run blocker

Giacomini has had a bad year but I don't see any immediate upgrade in the draft. He couldn't block Mario, neither can GB's all-pro OL

We're signing Iupati in free agency. I think we should keep colon for 1 more year he's been a good run blocker

Giacomini has had a bad year but I don't see any immediate upgrade in the draft. He couldn't block Mario, neither can GB's all-pro OL

Colon is a drive killer.  I love his attitude, but the guy commits penalties like crazy.

We should consider trading up for Cooper. Coops and Deck would be a damn good wr duo then trade a 5th rd pick for Glennon.

The thought of trading up with valuable resources now to get a player we could simply of had by rightfully tanking the season makes me want to puke even more than I already do

I would also make it a priority to go after Bulaga, but since we have a GM that clearly doesn't understand the game of football, we're probably not even going to show interest.

I'd love Iupati.  Brick's contract guarantees he's our LT next season but he's due 14 million in 2016 which will obviously have to be renegotiated after next season, he may possibly get cut but frankly quality LT's are hard to find and he is still quality. 

Giaco is adequate but I think upgrading RT would really make a big difference.  He's had some mediocre play that costs hidden yardage, e.g. allowing some pressure that changes throws that lead to incompletions, running plays that could've gained some extra yards with a better block, he's also had a fair amount of penalities. 

If we drafted a future LT, put hime at RT and kicked Giaco inside over our terrible Guards we'd be improving 2 positions (that is if Giaco could kick in, I don't know)

Brick....Giaco....Mangold....Iupati....top 10 rookie     -   That there is legit     

LL

Now What? Hope for Jacksonville to get the number 1 pick . 

Besides that all we can do is let the bowl process playout and hope our entire front office is cleared out which should happen in the next month. 

At this point, assume Mariota and Cooper will be gone. We could always draft Peat, start him at RT and groom him to eventually take over for Brick (move Breno inside for a year to replace Colon), or if we go WR maybe draft Kevin White of WVU, who reminds me of Kelvin Benjamin.

Winston is as much of a lock to bust as any player to ever declare for the NFL draft. It will be a complete nightmare that will set us back years, and subject this fanbase to even further humiliation. Which is why I think we're going to end up drafting him, because we're the Jets - and if there's a dumb decision to be made, then by God we'll make it.

Cooper is already being fitted to be wearing #21 by the Silver and Black.

LOL. Man your harsh, but correct.

Uhhhh yes and no.  Winston will better than Russell or Geno but he' s a head case and will be a headache and not worth the gamble. Lets not repeat history . PLEASE. Only the Jets were stupid  enough to take Geno despite every team passing on him in first round amid numerous flags regarding his immaturity and character. Heck, they even based a movie about the buffoon.  LatinLawyer is 100% correct.  Funny how so many people fail to take heed of UFO's...The Unbelievably Freaking Obvious.  

Anyone know where we would pick if ten or jax lose this week and we lose out?

I think that the only team with a harder S.O.S than us is Oakland. So the Jets stay put no matter what the outcome of that game. 

Oakland plays BUF then DEN, hope the Raiders can win one of those games.

To move up in draft jets need to lose out and hope for Wash and Oak to win 1 more each.   And Jacksonville to win 2.   TN is a lost cause (play jags and colts) as is Tampa (play GB and NO and have been tanking for the last 4-5 games or so).

That potential best case scenario gets the jets to 3.  

More likely that Jets draft 4-6

The thought of trading up with valuable resources now to get a player we could simply of had by rightfully tanking the season makes me want to puke even more than I already do

What so Idzik is going to draft one less mediocre player so we can get the best player in the draft? I'm getting nauseous too.

Uhhhh yes and no.  Winston will better than Russell or Geno but he' s a head case and will be a headache and not worth the gamble. Lets not repeat history . PLEASE. Only the Jets were stupid  enough to take Geno despite every team passing on him in first round amid numerous flags regarding his immaturity and character. Heck, they even based a movie about the buffoon.  LatinLawyer is 100% correct.  Funny how so many people fail to take heed of UFO's...The Unbelievably Freaking Obvious.  

I am NOT in favor of drafting Winston.

Archived