A History Making Day

JetNation

NY Jets Helmet

The Jets made history yesterday in Nashville when they beat the Titans 16-11. Dawan Landry prevented possibly one of the most embarrassing and worst losses in Jets history at the 9 yard line tackling Delanie Walker. No, it wasn’t the fact that it was their first road win of the season. It wasn’t the fact that some misguided fans were upset because the “Suck for the Duck” supporters were dealt a blow. It was the fact that no game has ever ended 16-11 in NFL history until yesterday.

Hey, in one of the most frustrating seasons for its fan base, it’s the little things Jet fans can be proud of.

Regarding the quarterback need, the Jets have so many holes to fill that a top five pick may still benefit them. I say may because it will all depend on who is making the decisions. Will there be a new GM or will the present one inexplicably remain in control? Trading down because they need all the picks they can get would make the most sense but again, it only matters if the person making the decisions has an idea of what they’re doing and what’s needed to address those holes.

Next week the Jets play their final home game against a Patriots team preparing for another playoff run.  The Jets have nothing to play for but pride and for many, their jobs on and off the field.  Let’s hope their fans don’t outnumber us.  For Jets fans it will be the last opportunity to see Rex Ryan on the sidelines at home.  See you there.

By:

Kenneth Alcott

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
c9nr3ZaxBE4

View the full article

"wasn’t the fact that some misguided fans were upset because the “Suck for the Duck"

Misguided! - I'd like to know why they are Misguided? This team needs a Q.B so bad other positions can be taped over with JAGS, Q.B is not one of them. We've blown our chance at the top pick. This weekend really P@ssed me off and I'm still blazing mad a day later.

"wasn’t the fact that some misguided fans were upset because the “Suck for the Duck"

Misguided! - I'd like to know why they are Misguided? This team needs a Q.B so bad other positions can be taped over with JAGS, Q.B is not one of them. We've blown our chance at the top pick. This weekend really P@ssed me off and I'm still blazing mad a day later.

Misguided because "The Duck" is going #1 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and a loss puts the Jets at #2 - still not landing Mariota.....

Misguided because "The Duck" is going #1 to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and a loss puts the Jets at #2 - still not landing Mariota.....

Still a better situation than we're in after the win.  2nd pick means we could nab Amari Cooper or trade down to someone who covets him.  No one worth d*ck will be there at 6 for us to find a trade partner.

At #6 the Jets should start rebuilding the offensive line with the best guard or tackle they can find get rid of the crap that have names like Giacomini and Colon and start rebuilding the team from the inside out and next year when they are 4 and 12 maybe we can get Connor Cook coming out.

Still a better situation than we're in after the win.  2nd pick means we could nab Amari Cooper or trade down to someone who covets him.  No one worth d*ck will be there at 6 for us to find a trade partner.

Fingers crossed for Cooper but maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing if all of the headline grabbing prospects were gone and the Jets drafted a blue chip offensive lineman.

Build from the inside out. Hey, it worked with D-Brick and Mangold in round 1 right?

It could be a really good thing to have two great front lines on both sides of the ball.

Fingers crossed for Cooper but maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing if all of the headline grabbing prospects were gone and the Jets drafted a blue chip offensive lineman.

Build from the inside out. Hey, it worked with D-Brick and Mangold in round 1 right?

It could be a really good thing to have two great front lines on both sides of the ball.

Look at what happened to this team with Herm and now with Ryan, both idiots totally ignored the OL and look at where their teams ended up by the time they got fired. It's uncanny how similar their drafts have gone and how they ended up.

Herm Edwards had 35 draft picks drafted 6 OLmen in his tenure and none before the 3rd round-they were afterthoughts 

2001 Kareem McKenzie in the 3rd and Tupe Peko in the 7th Rd guard

2002 Jonathan Goodwin in the 5th

2003 Dave Yovanovits in the 7th

2004 Marko in the 6th and Adrian Jones in the 4th

2005 --------

Rex Ryan had 40 draft picks and has picked 6 OLmen Vlad being the highest in the 2nd Rd

2009-----

2010 Vlad Ducasse in the 2nd Rd

2011 -------

2012 Robt Griffin in the 6th

2013 Brian Winters in the 3rd, Oday Obushi in the 5th and William Campbell in the 6th

2014 Dakota Dozier in the 4th

So Rex has been even worse in drafting quality OLen than Edwards and the record shows

We need to build from the inside out is my new catch phrase

Fire Bradway and all the scouts.   they SUCK     until then, nothing changes

Unfortunately, as it was brought up, unless you're going to hire first-time scouts or others who were just fired from other teams, it's tough to do. If someone is a valued scout, no team is going to keep him all season long to evaluate all the college players, only to fire said scout in January. 

If Idzik is retained, expect little turnover in the scouting department at a minimum until after the draft is over. Possible the opposite could happen, but this is what I'd expect.

Unfortunately, as it was brought up, unless you're going to hire first-time scouts or others who were just fired from other teams, it's tough to do. If someone is a valued scout, no team is going to keep him all season long to evaluate all the college players, only to fire said scout in January.

If Idzik is retained, expect little turnover in the scouting department at a minimum until after the draft is over. Possible the opposite could happen, but this is what I'd expect.

There are better couch scouts on this board than the Jets are paying right now.

There are better couch scouts on this board than the Jets are paying right now.

I'm starting to believe you're right, even if most of that scouting is comprised of aggregating and averaging a dozen draft websites' lists, plus actually following maybe a handful of prospects.

How sad is it that this would probably have led to better draft picks?

I get that you are rooting for them to lose to get a better draft pick, but I don’t get why you are mad that they lost. Did you really expect Rex to try and lose the game? He knows he’s gone, so what’s in it for him? Idz is on the fence,  so he has no incentive to lose either. The players certainly don’t want to lose, and frankly if they did I wouldn’t want them on my team anyway. Most of them don’t know for sure if they’ll be on the team next year, so why would they want to play to lose?

On top of it all, Neither QB is a Luck or “sure thing” but rather best of a mediocre group. So hypothetically, if the Jets did lose out and drafted the Duck who winds up being a bust, was it worth it (considering they could have drafted a stud OT by not losing out)?

At #6 the Jets should start rebuilding the offensive line with the best guard or tackle they can find get rid of the crap that have names like Giacomini and Colon and start rebuilding the team from the inside out and next year when they are 4 and 12 maybe we can get Connor Cook coming out.

Getting the top LT wouldn't be a bad idea. See what they could get for Brick...

Archived