Why It's Not So Bad...

SoFlaJets

C'mon.  Nelson played almost the whole 2013 season.  It was obvious he was a garbage man that finds the soft spot in the zone.  He isn't getting open against coverage and we all saw him sit on routes and get undercut for picks numerous times.  The coaching staff and GM knew it.  They just tried to cheap out on Jacoby Ford (who never even got another look) and shanked the draft in historic fashion.  They didn't draft 3 WR thinking they were set.

I just don't want to believe that our GM is this bad at his job. Our roster cannot afford another draft like this past year, where we had almost zero talent influx onto a talent-barren team. 

I just don't want to believe that our GM is this bad at his job. Our roster cannot afford another draft like this past year, where we had almost zero talent influx onto a talent-barren team. 

There were at least three people on this board that indepently mentioned different instances in 2013 when Nelson sat and gave up INTs.  I am pretty sure Matt39 did, and I know that I did. It is not news, but I applaud your optimism

Why ask him to do your work?  Go do the research if you want to contrast the point.

Thank you for saying what needed to be said there muchmem. It IS research, it IS work, that was the whole idea here, let's try and figure this out as rational and knowledgeable fans  

Huh? So what I think you're saying is anyone that rolls out a theory on the internet should be accepted at face value and only challenged if you delve into the stats to determine if it's accurate. Otherwise, just accept everything people state here. Interesting, but no.

This was mostly a factual statistical post bro, with the opinion that head coaches who ignore the OL end up fired and with similar records-this was a bunch of looking crap up and with the one exception of missing Matt Slauson pretty close to the truth. where is what i said wrong as it pertains to the team that I'm talking about; The Jets?

There were at least three people on this board that indepently mentioned different instances in 2013 when Nelson sat and gave up INTs.  I am pretty sure Matt39 did, and I know that I did. It is not news, but I applaud your optimism

The third was me, I hated the guy.  There's no real optimism, I just wouldn't be surprised if Idzik leaned a bit too much on what the coaches thought of their players and the coaches not flat out saying "this guy sucks, get someone new or we're in trouble."  I also haven't given up hope on Dozier and Evans, but they still won't be enough to save his past two drafts.

I think Idzik's biggest issue is that he simply didn't know Nelson, Salas and Patterson weren't good enough, I'm not sure he has the eye for it.  He could have asked Rex and the coaching staff if those players were good enough and of course they were going to say yes.  It's clearly all conjecture, but other than trusting his coaching staff and not himself, there's simply no way anyone with an understanding of the game feels good about heading into the season with Nelson/Hill/Salas as your top receivers outside of Decker and Dimitri Patterson and a rookie CB who hadn't played football in a year as your starting #2 CB.  

Rex talks up the players he has, but I'd have to think he (and his staff) would be honest with the GM when assessing their talents, and the need for potential replacements. In fact, that's probably why 5/12 draft picks and three free agent signings were spent at the CB and WR positions. The fact that seven of those eight pickups contributed absolutely nothing to the team this year is on Idzik. 

Rex talks up the players he has, but I'd have to think he (and his staff) would be honest with the GM when assessing their talents, and the need for potential replacements. In fact, that's probably why 5/12 draft picks and three free agent signings were spent at the CB and WR positions. The fact that seven of those eight pickups contributed absolutely nothing to the team this year is on Idzik. 

I'm just really trying hard to convince myself that he didn't botch these two drafts as incredibly as it seems. 

Don't care what you say - Giacomini and Colon are horrible - anyone with a pair of eyes can see it.  If those two aren't replaced next year, it doesn't matter who you have as QB, the O is going to be horrible.

Damn right, I have no idea what people are watching saying thus Oline can pass block.

In the Miami game, each obvious pass play was an instant jailbreak of epic proportions. I'm talking 3 steps & wham, snap & chased.

It was by far the worst Oline protection I've seen in the 5 previous years Rex was here.

Jets have to fix this Oline!

Colon...your fired

Bruno... Your fired

Dbrick....your gonna have competition

1- sign Iupati (solves 1 guard spot for 7 years)

2- draft a stud RT high in the 2015 draft (2nd round) usually get great value in that 35-40 range if you don't draft division II players with wonderlics of 5 & have a hard time with the English language.

Lot of talk about how bad Colon is well we found out why Seattle had no interest in resigning Bruno..he stinks!

Iupati is #1 on my offseason wish list

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Speaking of losing everything, what do ya think the odds are of the Knicks continuing this trend and actually doing themselves a service by netting a lottery pick and grabbing Okafor or Towns?  I'm just not sure they're going to lose enough to beat out Detroit, the bastards. 

Speaking of losing everything, what do ya think the odds are of the Knicks continuing this trend and actually doing themselves a service by netting a lottery pick and grabbing Okafor or Towns? I'm just not sure they're going to lose enough to beat out Detroit, the bastards.

I've given up hope of anything good happening for any team I root for. Even the Mets look on the up but I'm fully expecting Harvey and DeGromm to get eaten by a velociraptor or something. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

But hey, at least the Jets beat the Titans on Sunday. So I got that going for me.

I've given up hope of anything good happening for any team I root for. Even the Mets look on the up but I'm fully expecting Harvey and DeGromm to get eaten by a velociraptor or something. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

But hey, at least the Jets beat the Titans on Sunday. So I got that going for me.

Hopefully not by one of those sh*tty CGI velociraptors from the trailer, that would just be a swift kick to the balls.

Archived