Jets decisions are terrible & drafting worse

Jetster

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good enough reason. Jets were a building team. Revis is a temporary final piece to a puzzle, not a building block.

If the team couldn't push unspent $ to the next year then your argument has value.

This is a hit piece on Idzik, in continuation of Mehta's crusade against him, not a real push for Revis. Revis is an excuse for another anti-Idzik article. Can't you see that?

If they cut Harvin in February, do you think he was a good $7m pickup for a 1-7 team? He made them a little more watchable, right?

I hate the beat writer but I dont mind him going after the JETS

they suck.

and personally I would have preferred Revis over Harvin.  We could have had both or other WR options in offseason but this idiot sat on the money thinking "its only a year"  a fkg year?  how many fkg years do I need to wait?

One this is for sure.  For the 2nd year in a row the off season will be more interesting than the regular season.  I think JI stays but he has given Woody several good reasons to fire him so 50-50 may be closer to the decision at hand for Woody.

The offseason has been better then the regular season ever since Rex got here. Or at least since 2012, when the circus arrived big time. Idzik has done little or nothing to close the big top and for that he should be fired or demoted to bean counter.

Maybe the DL drafting was all Bradway over-scouting the position after all.

With two productive, recent 1st round picks entrenched at DE (one a first-team all-pro), and a system that valued safeties who were good in coverage, in round 1 he drafted another DE in Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed (or guards Simmons or Gurode, since we were starting JP Machado).

Trading up for Robertson (before it was even known he'd be available in that slot, which only made it worse). Two first rounders and a fourth rounder and millions extra in cap space were used for this trade-up.

It didn't start in 2009 (though there was a lapse of it when Tannenbaum+Mangini era, when we started Robertson at NT plus picked up veterans Kimo von A-hOel and Coleman to make up for the inability and reluctance to draft a DE to play opposite Ellis. Then finally used 2 more picks on Jenkins after a couple of years of Robertson at nose.

Hmmm...

knock Bradway all you want but he also wanted Russell Wilson at QB and was IGNORED. Not only ignored but belittled by Tanny who called him Russell Bradway. Think the Jets wouldn't be better now if they had listened?

knock Bradway all you want but he also wanted Russell Wilson at QB and was IGNORED. Not only ignored but belittled by Tanny who called him Russell Bradway. Think the Jets wouldn't be better now if they had listened?

Anyone can say they wanted a specific player during the draft after they panned out. It is truly an overblown story, and offers him no merit as a talent evaluator. 

Not sure your point....  I, as a financial professional could look at Vlad and tell you he sucks.

How do you not even notice Cruz???  I know it happens but that is the legacy of the JETS.

We are too busy trying to get Tebow.

Vlad Ducasse was a Mike Tannenbaum 'ego' pick. Tanny is from UMASS and decided that he was sooooooo much smarter than everyone else out there and had this o-lineman that was going to be the next big thing. 

Vlad Ducasse was a Mike Tannenbaum 'ego' pick. Tanny is from UMASS and decided that he was sooooooo much smarter than everyone else out there and had this o-lineman that was going to be the next big thing. 

In his defense, Vlad was rated a 2nd round "project" type pick.  My beef is how the fukk do you not notice Cruz if you are looking at that fat baztard Vlad.

Another way to look at it do you think russell wilson wouldn't be worse if they had listened?

Archived