Evaluating JETS' QB Options With Mariota Out Of Reach

Ken Schroy

Ryan still looked better and more in control of his game. Winston just seems to live on the edge and hope his receivers make the play. He reminds me off a bad Brett Farve.

Oh ok. I'll answer that after I see Winston at the combine.

You're no fun.  haha

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Petty, but I agree that he will need half a season to develop. Keep Vick for next season, he will come cheap and draft Petty in second round. I would take best OT in draft at number six and put him at RT until Ferguson retires or is shown the door. A guard in the third or fourth round is also a must as Winters, Dozier and Abushi are not looking particularly good at this point.

Not sure I'd want them to waste their time on Petty. I think we all agree whoever they pick probably, at least, needs to sit for a year. I'd rather take a QB with more upside. Petty doesn't have the major arm or athleticism nor is he deadly accurate or some kind of head coaching genius on the field.

Just a really good, solid college QB who plays in a really good system. I don't know, there's just nothing that really stands out as him being a major difference maker in the NFL.  

Archived