If you like the agenda driven nonsense that comes out of the

local media concerning the Jets.  Because Joe Caporoso and the

boys at "Turn On The Jets" deal in intelligent analysis of the

issues facing the team:

http://turnonthejets.com/

https://twitter.com/turnonthejets

It's refreshing to read people that deal in facts concerning the

team and are not trying to incite a reaction

Joe is great and the writers there are incredible.  Joe is a nice guy too, I met him recently at a Jets event. Really cool.

If you like the agenda driven nonsense that comes out of the

local media concerning the Jets.  Because Joe Caporoso and the

boys at "Turn On The Jets" deal in intelligent analysis of the

issues facing the team:

http://turnonthejets.com/

https://twitter.com/turnonthejets

It's refreshing to read people that deal in facts concerning the

team and are not trying to incite a reaction

I also recommend not going to this site:

www.jetnation.com

bunch of asswipes over there.  but the mod lounge has good snacks.

This is a very good article from that site - that really lays out the situation from a  non-agenda driven perspective.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/turn-jets-12-pack-offseason-housecleaning-awaits-jets/

Idzik should stay.

I agree. he should be in charge of making coffee for the new gm. let him proof read a contract or 2 to make him feel important

This is a very good article from that site - that really lays out the situation from a  non-agenda driven perspective.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/turn-jets-12-pack-offseason-housecleaning-awaits-jets/

Idzik should stay.

That article doesn't come to the same conclusion that you did. He basically calls it a toss-up, while citing the Harvin trade as a positive, It's probably not. 

That article doesn't come to the same conclusion that you did. He basically calls it a toss-up, while citing the Harvin trade as a positive, It's probably not. 

Well I think he should stay unless we can find a top flight HC that will require full control.  

And I think the Harvin trade was the worst thing he's done and there's not a close second ....But I also believe that was forced on him by Woody.

Well I think he should stay unless we can find a top flight HC that will require full control.  

And I think the Harvin trade was the worst thing he's done and there's not a close second ....But I also believe that was forced on him by Woody.

So you criticize others for forming their opinions based on what they read in the press, but you, instead, form your opinions based on...  your imagination? 

So you criticize others for forming their opinions based on what they read in the press, but you, instead, form your opinions based on...  your imagination? 

My opinions are based on logic and precedence.  The media driven agenda is clear and obvious.   

All are entitled to their opinion, I just don't have agree with it...

My opinions are based on logic and precedence.  The media driven agenda is clear and obvious.   

All are entitled to their opinion, I just don't have agree with it...

There's really no logic or precedence behind believing Woody was behind the Harvin move. All you have there is previously baseless speculation, like Woody forcing the Tebow move (even though Tannenbaum publicly owned that one). Some people want to blame the owner for all the cap room, and you want to blame him for spending it on Harvin. Pretty sure you're both wrong. At the end of the day, these moves (or non-moves) are all done in Idzik's name. 

There's really no logic or precedence behind believing Woody was behind the Harvin move. All you have there is previously baseless speculation, like Woody forcing the Tebow move (even though Tannenbaum publicly owned that one). Some people want to blame the owner for all the cap room, and you want to blame him for spending it on Harvin. Pretty sure you're both wrong. At the end of the day, these moves (or non-moves) are all done in Idzik's name. 

and it's not baseless speculation - it's actually been widely understood to be the truth...with legitimate media sources (not Mehta) backing up the theory and no arguments internally.

You can say what you want about Idzik but he has been conservative and thoughtful.  The Harvin move was an entire 180 from everything he had done up until that point.  He doesn't just change his mind - it was forced on in.  I have very little doubt about that.  It was a clear PR move...

and it's not baseless speculation - it's actually been widely understood to be the truth...with legitimate media sources (not Mehta) backing up the theory and no arguments internally.

You can say what you want about Idzik but he has been conservative and thoughtful.  The Harvin move was an entire 180 from everything he had done up until that point.  He doesn't just change his mind - it was forced on in.  I have very little doubt about that.  It was a clear PR move...

If they exist, I'd be interested in reading them. Maybe you can link me up? 

I had read he was behind the Tebow move at the time.  I think Tannenbaum initially said he was not interested.  Hard to tell after the fact.  Harvin seems more Idzik to me, seeing how he came from Seattle, but the Jets (Bradway?) have supposedly had a hard-on for Harvin since he was drafted.  

What has Harvin done here for anyone to call it a bad move?

The guy is excitement waiting to happen at any moment. Those are the type of players flip momentum during a game.

Say the Jets and up with Cooper.

Decker-Cooper-Harvin-Kerley-Amaro-Ivory is a nice start if we get an offensive coach in here.

Add a blocking TE & you've got a lineup to work with. Add Iupati to replace colon & your even better.

Seattle has Russell Wilson which makes Percy expendable (he actually does Percy stuff).

Percy has added a lot to the offense & special teams in an incredibly short time frame. I'd love to have this guy in camp next year.

The guy is excitement waiting to happen at any moment. Those are the type of players flip momentum during a game.

Decker-Cooper-Harvin-Kerley-Amaro-Ivory is a nice start if we get an offensive coach in here.

Add a blocking TE & you've got a lineup to work with. Add Iupati to replace colon & your even better.

Seattle has Russell Wilson which makes Percy expendable (he actually does Percy stuff).

Percy has added a lot to the offense & special teams in an incredibly short time frame. I'd love to have this guy in camp next year.

It's not that he's done anything bad...it's that we wasted $7mm of cap money on a guy after the season was already over.  

Had the trade happened a month earlier, or had the Jets been in striking distance of the playoffs, of if there was some type of restructure and trade - I would be all for it...

But under the circumstances in which this happened -  I see little benefit of the move other than PR.

I think the biggest concern is his cost, and there are a lot of factors to consider with Harvin. Yes, he's an electric player. He's the kind of guy who you feel can score from anywhere on the field. That's awesome to have.

But on the negative side, he's got an injury history, and he's got a reputation for having attitude issues, as well. He's been a good soldier here so far, but there's a strong case to be made that he's only been a good soldier because he's due to make $10.5M next year, and the only team who might possibly pay that is the Jets. He's not a true #1 WR type, really more of a turbo-charged Brad Smith. Is that worth eight figures and a fourth round pick? Especially with the injury/attitude concerns?

As much fun as he's been to watch on the field, I'd lean no. If the new head coach (GM?) feels the same way, it was a waste of a sixth round pick and $7M.

Archived