This weekend is my Super Bowl

bergenjets

Small consolation, but it would do my heart good for the Jets to pull a win out of their asses this weekend. After this, there is very little football to look forward to unless the Dolphins somehow remain in play in Week 17. Nothing for them to lose in the draft by being a 4 win team either.

I'd love to finish the season out by beating our biggest rivals.  Would be pretty sweet to end on a 3 game winning streak.  Wont happen, but would be sweet.

This team needs to learn how to win. So no win is "meaningless", even though all the cool kids will tell you its all about draft positioning and losing is smart.

I'd love to finish the season out by beating our biggest rivals. Would be pretty sweet to end on a 3 game winning streak. Wont happen, but would be sweet.

This team needs to learn how to win. So no win is "meaningless", even though all the cool kids will tell you its all about draft positioning and losing is smart.

Genuinely curious what you think the team "learned" from beating the Charlie Whitehurst led 2-11 Titans.

Then, what did the team learn last year by going 8-8 as opposed to 7-9 that has translated to this season?

News flash to all the wanting-to-tank Jet fans this season: The #7 pick after the Jets has 5 wins, therefore they will not fall in the draft order if they win. They're pretty much locked in at #6 considering Oakland will not win again this season and all of the other teams will not win out the rest of the year.

Blow out the Patriots on Sunday!

Small consolation, but it would do my heart good for the Jets to pull a win out of their asses this weekend. After this, there is very little football to look forward to unless the Dolphins somehow remain in play in Week 17. Nothing for them to lose in the draft by being a 4 win team either.

it's the superbowl in my fantasy league and i could win 200 bucks!

Genuinely curious what you think the team "learned" from beating the Charlie Whitehurst led 2-11 Titans.

Then, what did the team learn last year by going 8-8 as opposed to 7-9 that has translated to this season?

The winning carries over to the first 1.5 games of the following season, no more, no less.

In the 1st game with the Pats the Jets had no one that could make that one pick play.

Percy changes that.

I'm under no dillusions that we will win but anything can happen in the NFL.

I'd like to see Brady get crushed by Coples like Locker did last week.

I'd love it if the Jets forced the Pats to play on the road in the playoffs. Stunt those Superbowl dreams for 11 years in a row.

When the season started, I said I would be happy if we went 2-14 and beat the Pats twice. I didn't think that I would be that close on final record, but still. Let Percy or Decker make Revis look bad, then I'll be happy.

Revis has been shutting WRs down.

He will pick 6 Papa Geno.

I'd like to see Brady get crushed by Coples like Locker did last week.

I'd love it if the Jets forced the Pats to play on the road in the playoffs. Stunt those Superbowl dreams for 11 years in a row.

Does Rex get an extension if Coples takes Brady out for the rest of the year?

The Jets giveth Brady his career and the Jets shall taketh said career away. Karmic law of the universe. ;)

Revis has been shutting WRs down.

He will pick 6 Papa Geno.

Yeah, I know. But.. Decker did catch a few balls on Revis. So hopefully we get an encore to that.. if Decker can actually hold onto the ball.. Butterfingers.

Geno is so bad. I am hoping Folk can take some snaps for us.

Does Rex get an extension if Coples takes Brady out for the rest of the year?

The Jets giveth Brady his career and the Jets shall taketh said career away. Karmic law of the universe. ;)

Yeah, but you know what will happen then, Garoppolo will come in with the pats behind, lead them to victory and on to the SB for 14 more years of Jet hand wringing.

:winking0001:

Just like anything else in life, you learn and grow from experience.  I think there is a lot to be said about battling through adversity and coming together to get a win during a sh*tty season.  The Jets were 2-11 and on the road, so its not like they're above the Charlie Whitehurst led 2-11 Titans.  Charlie is probably better than anything the Jets have at QB so I dont think its means any less because of the opponent.  Its valuable for guys that are battling for a roster spot next season, for the rookies and the young guys who are going to be around for a while.  Who knows what Black Monday could bring. Maybe Woody actually gets it right and finally cleans house, maybe he doesnt but its important to know what you have in certain players.  Some rise to the occasion in the face of adversity, others fold.  

In terms of last season, I think the way they finished really should have benefited guys like Geno, Milliner, Richardson, Winters, Coples, Davis, etc. Unfortunately, it didnt translate to this season but the league often sees teams who finish strong the year before bounce back with a solid next season and battle for the playoffs.  The Steelers come to mind.  They started of 2-6 last season and ended 6-2 and now they're making a playoff push.  If you watch how they finished last season, this year really shouldnt be a surprise.  They're much younger than they have before in the past and that experience of overcoming a slow start to finish strong, carried into this season.  

I hate to pull this card, but have you ever played for a terrible team?  You almost go into games expecting to lose and hoping not to get blown out.  But then you get that one win, taste victory, doesnt matter the opponent and you start to gain a little confidence in your ability to make plays and it builds confidence in your teams ability to actually win.  It starts to not feel so impossible anymore.  That's what winning does.  How did you prepare that week?  What was the intensity level in practice?  What was your diet? How much film did you watch?  All those things you now try to mirror for weekly preparation.  Sounds cheesy but its true, this is what you learn from winning. 

Did you see the response of the players after the victory to the fans who were pissed because of draft position?  They dont care about some kid that may or may not be a player at the next level.  They care about fixing whats broken and getting a victory so they can learn to repeat it week in week out...doing it for the guy next to you that has been grinding. 

Honestly, I dont see how this is lost on fans.  I'm sure the cool guys will take this and run with their #learningtowin...and that's cool but this is my belief and I think coaches, players, GM's would agree. 

Just like anything else in life, you learn and grow from experience.  I think there is a lot to be said about battling through adversity and coming together to get a win during a sh*tty season.  The Jets were 2-11 and on the road, so its not like they're above the Charlie Whitehurst led 2-11 Titans.  Charlie is probably better than anything the Jets have at QB so I dont think its means any less because of the opponent.  Its valuable for guys that are battling for a roster spot next season, for the rookies and the young guys who are going to be around for a while.  Who knows what Black Monday could bring. Maybe Woody actually gets it right and finally cleans house, maybe he doesnt but its important to know what you have in certain players.  Some rise to the occasion in the face of adversity, others fold.  

In terms of last season, I think the way they finished really should have benefited guys like Geno, Milliner, Richardson, Winters, Coples, Davis, etc. Unfortunately, it didnt translate to this season but the league often sees teams who finish strong the year before bounce back with a solid next season and battle for the playoffs.  The Steelers come to mind.  They started of 2-6 last season and ended 6-2 and now they're making a playoff push.  If you watch how they finished last season, this year really shouldnt be a surprise.  They're much younger than they have before in the past and that experience of overcoming a slow start to finish strong, carried into this season.  

I hate to pull this card, but have you ever played for a terrible team?  You almost go into games expecting to lose and hoping not to get blown out.  But then you get that one win, taste victory, doesnt matter the opponent and you start to gain a little confidence in your ability to make plays and it builds confidence in your teams ability to actually win.  It starts to not feel so impossible anymore.  That's what winning does.  How did you prepare that week?  What was the intensity level in practice?  What was your diet? How much film did you watch?  All those things you now try to mirror for weekly preparation.  Sounds cheesy but its true, this is what you learn from winning. 

Did you see the response of the players after the victory to the fans who were pissed because of draft position?  They dont care about some kid that may or may not be a player at the next level.  They care about fixing whats broken and getting a victory so they can learn to repeat it week in week out...doing it for the guy next to you that has been grinding. 

Honestly, I dont see how this is lost on fans.  I'm sure the cool guys will take this and run with their #learningtowin...and that's cool but this is my belief and I think coaches, players, GM's would agree. 

I'd agree with you, except the team didn't play well.  To me, wins and losses are a byproduct of performance.  If you perform well, your record usually takes care of itself.  In this case, as it always happens around the league, the team performed quite poorly, and still won.  In a good year, of course you love the games where you eek out a win after a poor performance.  In a bad year, this type of win really doesn't mean much.  Last year, at least the team looked pretty good in those meaningless wins.  This year, horrendous, so all that's really happening is that it's costing us draft positioning.  Just as you did, I thought the wins last year signified better things to come, but they didn't, thus kind of proving the point.  In this season, that win against the Titans is not going to translate because, most times, 9/10 times even, if the Jets play the way they did, they will lose.

I did play for terrible teams.  Thing is, if we got a win, we were excited that's true.  But then, in the next game, if we weren't playing a team just as bad.  We'd lose again.  Momentum isn't really as big a thing as people make it out to be.  Lastly, of course the players don't care about draft position.  They want to win.  But, that doesn't mean the fans feel the same way.  Honestly, I think you're overvaluing the role of the athletes psyche in this...  And dude, I'm actually a psychologist saying this... Ultimately, the better team usually wins.  This past week, the Jets may have been marginally better than another very bad team.  Next week, they play a much better team.  They usually play the Pats well, but that has nothing to do with their performance against the Titans, and they're probably going to lose, regardless of what they learned about winning last week, by more than a score.

Archived