Harbaugh + Trestman + Fangio

Integrity28

Trestman is going to be fired. Harbaugh is out, too. They are fans of each other from their days in Oakland. Fangio could be fired with Harbaugh's crew, or just want to follow him, who knows. 

Just thinking, if we somehow managed to not Jet-up the situation, could we bag all 3 as our HC/OC/DC going forward? That'd be a helluva collection of experienced coaching talent. 

If Tampa does indeed draft Mariota, they'd probably make Josh McCown expendable... and he'd be a perfect stop-gap that Trestman had playing better than Cutler last year, while we develop a QB behind him.

Thoughts? 

Trestman is going to be fired. Harbaugh is out, too. They are fans of each other from their days in Oakland. Fangio could be fired with Harbaugh's crew, or just want to follow him, who knows. 

Just thinking, if we somehow managed to not Jet-up the situation, could we bag all 3 as our HC/OC/DC going forward? That'd be a helluva collection of experienced coaching talent. 

If Tampa does indeed draft Mariota, they'd probably make Josh McCown expendable... and he'd be a perfect stop-gap that Trestman had playing better than Cutler last year, while we develop a QB behind him.

Thoughts? 

FangME? 

No. FanGIO.

I don't think Balke has any problem with Harbaugh's staff, just him. I would think Fangio would be the heir apparent. But if they bring in a guy fro outside the organization, they may let him go anyway if he is under contract. 

Why Trestman? the team will run Harbaugh's offense not Trestman's.  i don't think Tampa will start Marriotta day one.

I don't think Balke has any problem with Harbaugh's staff, just him. I would think Fangio would be the heir apparent. But if they bring in a guy fro outside the organization, they may let him go anyway if he is under contract. 

Why Trestman? the team will run Harbaugh's offense not Trestman's.  i don't think Tampa will start Marriotta day one.

I would think that 2 guys that hold each other in high regard would be able to work together as HC and OC on implementing an offense that leverages both of their philosophies... fans always make things out to be so black and white.

Harbaugh will be fired & honestly after the last 2 drafts this team can't throw away anymore draft picks.

You go all out after Harbaugh & if it doesn't happen you go the Todd Bowles route.

I like the cut of his jib.

Thoughts? 

Nice.

I don't follow. Is the argument that we've hired a series of terrible offensive coordinatiors, so we may as well hire another one?

More or less, yeah. I don't think Trestman is terrible, I think Cutler is. I also think Trestman plus Harbaugh creates a sound checks and balances dynamic. Either way, I'm just brainstorming... 

What if I clear him with Tom first, then is it okay?

That Bears team I watched Monday night was the single worst-coached program I've seen since Kotite. Rex sucks. But, as for Trestman, I think he could be ok in combination with a dominant personality like Harbaugh. 

That Bears team I watched Monday night was the single worst-coached program I've seen since Kotite. Rex sucks. But, as for Trestman, I think he could be ok in combination with a dominant personality like Harbaugh. 

No.

The Jets can get Harbaugh if they're willing to pay the price in a trade which would be Wilkerson and a pick.

Wrong Vincenzo69, An NFL coach can't be traded to a team without his approval( Jets could offer the 49ers four first rounders, and the trade isn't possible without the coach ageeing to go there. His wife loves the west coast, and why he will probably be the next Raiders head coach. ( Tom Gamble coming aboard to be the general manager).

The ball in The Raiders court and they be silly to offer anything more than a fourth rounder to 49ers.( 49ers have no choice but to accept that trade)

Wrong Vincenzo69, An NFL coach can't be traded to a team without his approval( Jets could offer the 49ers four first rounders, and the trade isn't possible without the coach ageeing to go there. His wife loves the west coast, and why he will probably be the next Raiders head coach. ( Tom Gamble coming aboard to be the general manager).

The ball in The Raiders court and they be silly to offer anything more than a fourth rounder to 49ers.( 49ers have no choice but to accept that trade)

No choice at all? 

No choice at all?

The 49ers aren't bringing him back for one more year- too much bad blood between the GM and the owner with Harbaugh. The Raiders can just wait it out and get Harbaugh without giving up anything. Throwing the 4th rounder ( a bone to 49ers) is just speeding up the process for everyone.

Harbaugh isn't giving up a high draft choice and coming to coach another team without those picks.( he needs those picks to start the rebuild job- they aren't one coach away from a championship) . There is so much bad blood between both parties , that Harbaugh isn't going to do that organization any favors.

The 49ers aren't bringing him back for one more year- too much bad blood between the GM and the owner with Harbaugh. The Raiders can just wait it out and get Harbaugh without giving up anything. Throwing the 4th rounder ( a bone to 49ers) is just speeding up the process for everyone.

Harbaugh isn't giving up a high draft choice and coming to coach another team without those picks.( he needs those picks to start the rebuild job) . There is so much bad blood between both parties , that Harbaugh isn't going to do that organization any favors.

There is so much bad blood that he won't do them any favors, but they are going to do him one by moving him to the team he wants for peanuts?  If they were going to do that they probably would not have him coaching this year.  

Archived