Tailgate poll

FlagmanL11

Do you tailgate before a Jets game?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tailgate before a Jets game?

• Yes
    • No

I love to tailgate. Used to have a big one with lots of folks meeting. Was a core group of four of us and would then have some regulars, some semi-regulars, and occasional big bursts when guys from one of the core group member's fire dept would come, for instance.

We'd get there around 8:30am for 1pm games. Smoked ribs (had to abbreviate a bit due to timing), fried turkeys, etc. Had a Christmas tree we decorated with beers. We were full of class, and it was wonderful.

We'd often post game until there were no more cars in the lot and the seagulls were having a field day. It looked like a post apocalypse scene out there. Pure magic!

Incidentally, we'd park along the side island by where the espn zone eventually was put up. Dude with a Winnebago who was there before my time who had both jets and giants tix (and, in hindsight, probably a significant alcohol problem) would usually claim it for us.

Now those folks are just about all gone. Casualties of PSLs, family obligations, increasing work commitments, etc (in hindsight, it was great to be 20something!). So I usually go with 1 other person and sometimes a very small group. But usually just 2 of us. And I usually have a small tailgate. Like 90 minutes or so. Small grill table, chairs, cooler. A couple food items. And much, much, much better beer than the chilled urine we used to drink (there is a positive in there!).

But yeah, tailgating is great fun and being a part of it can be a wonderful part of the game day experience.

Go Jets! Sometimes Rex pulls out all the stops for the Pats, but I have a hunch they will beat us by 70 on Sunday....

I love to tailgate. Used to have a big one with lots of folks meeting. Was a core group of four of us and would then have some regulars, some semi-regulars, and occasional big bursts when guys from one of the core group member's fire dept would come, for instance.

We'd get there around 8:30am for 1pm games. Smoked ribs (had to abbreviate a bit due to timing), fried turkeys, etc. Had a Christmas tree we decorated with beers. We were full of class, and it was wonderful.

We'd often post game until there were no more cars in the lot and the seagulls were having a field day. It looked like a post apocalypse scene out there. Pure magic!

Incidentally, we'd park along the side island by where the espn zone eventually was put up. Dude with a Winnebago who was there before my time who had both jets and giants tix (and, in hindsight, probably a significant alcohol problem) would usually claim it for us.

Now those folks are just about all gone. Casualties of PSLs, family obligations, increasing work commitments, etc (in hindsight, it was great to be 20something!). So I usually go with 1 other person and sometimes a very small group. But usually just 2 of us. And I usually have a small tailgate. Like 90 minutes or so. Small grill table, chairs, cooler. A couple food items. And much, much, much better beer than the chilled urine we used to drink (there is a positive in there!).

But yeah, tailgating is great fun and being a part of it can be a wonderful part of the game day experience.

Go Jets! Sometimes Rex pulls out all the stops for the Pats, but I have a hunch they will beat us by 70 on Sunday....

You are always welcome to join our group, no need to lug all your stuff, and the food is great!

You are always welcome to join our group, no need to lug all your stuff, and the food is great!

And you are right in E, right?  Where I freaking park.  I met up with 3 friends from MA for the Jets/Bears MNF game.  Plan was to go to your party.  They did, and they loved it.  I got severely caught up at work, got caught in resulting traffic on way in, and didn't get to my spot until like 8pm.

Going with a friend on Sunday who hasn't been to a game in the new stadium yet.  He's actually a Dallas fan (boooo), but he'll be an honorary Jets fan for Sunday.  Will catch up with him and will let you know if we can stop by.  Saw your post the other day and the spread sounds fantastic!

And you are right in E, right?  Where I freaking park.  I met up with 3 friends from MA for the Jets/Bears MNF game.  Plan was to go to your party.  They did, and they loved it.  I got severely caught up at work, got caught in resulting traffic on way in, and didn't get to my spot until like 8pm.

Going with a friend on Sunday who hasn't been to a game in the new stadium yet.  He's actually a Dallas fan (boooo), but he'll be an honorary Jets fan for Sunday.  Will catch up with him and will let you know if we can stop by.  Saw your post the other day and the spread sounds fantastic!

Also, I understand that you have a pretty broad reach.  Can you please ensure some decent weather for Sunday???

Also, I understand that you have a pretty broad reach.  Can you please ensure some decent weather for Sunday???

Yup I am in E, and I will try my best to secure decent weather. It does look like the report is getting better as we get closer to the weekend.

Yup I am in E, and I will try my best to secure decent weather. It does look like the report is getting better as we get closer to the weekend.

Storm should move off the Carolinas so if that's the case we should just have some rain/snow showers.

Part of the reason it will be a mess is folks aren't going to know coming in. I always hate when an attendant directs me one way when I know I want to go another. Those messages don't always sit well with enthusiastic fans arriving at the game.

If this persists next year and everyone knows it's the drill do you think it would still be a mess? I've been to Rutgers games and the like and, though it's a smaller scale, it moved efficiently. Not saying you end up where you want to be, but at least it was fast

Part of the reason it will be a mess is folks aren't going to know coming in. I always hate when an attendant directs me one way when I know I want to go another. Those messages don't always sit well with enthusiastic fans arriving at the game.

If this persists next year and everyone knows it's the drill do you think it would still be a mess? I've been to Rutgers games and the like and, though it's a smaller scale, it moved efficiently. Not saying you end up where you want to be, but at least it was fast

Thats a good point. When going to a rutgers game, the parking passes are clear that if you want to park with people, you have to arrive with them.

But with this, besides from Twitter and messages boards, only season ticket holders got the email. What about the people who are going to who aren't season ticket holders and aren't on Twitter and message boards

Archived