Story about my Pennington jersey

Gang Green Girl

After Christmas, I bought a pink Pennington jersey in Modells on Long Island. I never liked those jerseys that didn't use the official team colors, but I've sinced warmed up to the idea and I bought it because it was on sale from $55 to $14.99. Do you think they knew something I didn't?

Anyway, I wanted to wear it to the season finale at the Meadowlands last week against the Bills. When I put it on, I saw that the security tag was never removed. Don't you just hate when that happens?

Yesterday, I went to Modells in NYC (where I live) to have the tag removed. I relayed the story to the saleswoman. The saleswoman called another worker over and had her check to see if, in fact, the alarm would go off (even though I assured her that I did NOT just steal the jersey). The alarm didn't sound. She called her manager and after a brief exchange, she told me that the security tag could not be removed without the receipt (which I didn't have). I asked to speak to the manager. The manager told me that, without a receipt, jerseys must be returned to the store in which they were purchased. He explained that the computers in each store work independently of each other and that I needed to go to the store it was purchased so they could check to see if a pink jersey was purchased there. They sold the same jerseys in the store I was in yesterday. I said to him: I'm sure a pink jersey has been sold here. But he was one of those guys who takes his job seriously and wouldn't budge an inch. I asked him what he would have told me if I said I had received it as a gift. He told me that he would still not remove the security tag. So now I need to go back to the Long Island store so they can check the computer to see that a jersey was purchased and then they can remove the tag. WTF.

All this trouble for a $14.99 jersey of a player who may never play again.

jetfan13: I hope you are reading this.

ggg

did u buy it at the lake success store? thats my old stomping grounds.

there is something sexy about the thought of you walking around lake success plaza

did u stop by cross island fruits and buy soymilk from mr pak?

No but she did buy some huge Cucumber's and a big Eggplant!! :wink:

:lol::lol:

So, not only is the Jets front office a joke and the coaching staff in limbo - but sales people handling Jets merchandise are as incompetant as Herm Edwards' clock management - and the common theme is: Jets fans keep on getting f'ed over, and over and over..... :lol:

DNA....

Want me to email those JoeBaby pictures of you to Mrs. DNA?

I didn't think so. :wink:

Uhh, that would be an affirmative. However if you have a couple of extras, I wouldn't mind showing the guys in the office. :wink:

Uh okay. You want me to email those compromising pictures of you and JoeBaby to you.

Gotcha. :wink:

After Christmas, I bought a pink Pennington jersey in Modells on Long Island. I never liked those jerseys that didn't use the official team colors, but I've sinced warmed up to the idea and I bought it because it was on sale from $55 to $14.99. Do you think they knew something I didn't?

Anyway, I wanted to wear it to the season finale at the Meadowlands last week against the Bills. When I put it on, I saw that the security tag was never removed. Don't you just hate when that happens?

Yesterday, I went to Modells in NYC (where I live) to have the tag removed. I relayed the story to the saleswoman. The saleswoman called another worker over and had her check to see if, in fact, the alarm would go off (even though I assured her that I did NOT just steal the jersey). The alarm didn't sound. She called her manager and after a brief exchange, she told me that the security tag could not be removed without the receipt (which I didn't have). I asked to speak to the manager. The manager told me that, without a receipt, jerseys must be returned to the store in which they were purchased. He explained that the computers in each store work independently of each other and that I needed to go to the store it was purchased so they could check to see if a pink jersey was purchased there. They sold the same jerseys in the store I was in yesterday. I said to him: I'm sure a pink jersey has been sold here. But he was one of those guys who takes his job seriously and wouldn't budge an inch. I asked him what he would have told me if I said I had received it as a gift. He told me that he would still not remove the security tag. So now I need to go back to the Long Island store so they can check the computer to see that a jersey was purchased and then they can remove the tag. WTF.

All this trouble for a $14.99 jersey of a player who may never play again.

jetfan13: I hope you are reading this.

bummer Cat, I know the feeling...What is with these people at Modells? it is possible to steal them guys blind.

Archived